Dallas Cowboys @ Arizona Cardinals Pre Game Thread. 09/18/23-09/23/23

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
The streak will end someday, like they all do, but since the team moved here, I (and later, we (my girlfriend/wife joined me in this madness in 1993)) have missed two preseason games and zero regular season games. As soon as the schedule comes out, we black out those dates on our calendar.

The two missed preseason games were due to deaths in our family (pets): We made sure those tickets went to ASFNers - one pair to AZCards21 and one pair to Skkorp himself.

I wonder how many people can say they've been to every single regular season home game for the ARZ Football Cardinals? One? :) I guess that's close to 200 games (8 x 25).

A 25 year attendance streak is probably worth a story on the local news website, and it wouldn't hurt the Cardinals to give you a little love too.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder how many people can say they've been to every single regular season home game for the ARZ Football Cardinals? One? :) I guess that's close to 200 games (8 x 25).

A 25 year attendance streak is probably worth a story on the local news website, and it wouldn't hurt the Cardinals to give you a little love too.
I doubt I am the only one but there probably aren't too many of us. It's actually 35 years now going on 36, I believe. I was only 17 going to those first games - getting tickets from friends or scalpers.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Five total throws, three of which were high. One I think was incomplete, also.

On his highlight reel.

Imagine thinking any of those were high.

It's ok man, just save yourself the time. We all know what your going to think about absolutely everything.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Sure, from the FO. But it shows that coaching is getting the most out of this assembly of "talent" and that our first string players aren't as bad as Johnny Armchair thinks.

Agreed on coaching and lack of talent.

I don't agree that our first string players aren't as bad - I think its coaching/scheme.

I posted about our roster on another thread - it's obvious the talent isn't there.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I doubt I am the only one but there probably aren't too many of us. It's actually 35 years now going on 36, I believe. I was only 17 going to those first games - getting tickets from friends or scalpers.

Right, right. 13 +23. Where has the time gone.

So, close to 300 games in a row. That is beyond amazing BIM!

Thank you so much for supporting our beloved Cardinals! You are a true superfan, and we're lucky to have you on this board!

Hope you get the streak up to at least 600! :)

BritCard

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Agreed on coaching and lack of talent.

I don't agree that our first string players aren't as bad - I think its coaching/scheme.

I posted about our roster on another thread - it's obvious the talent isn't there.

Talent is coaching, coaching is talent.

The league is full of "talent" that is what they are due to coaching, scheme fit, correct usage. How many times have we seen a "talented" player move team and suck elsewhere?

Of course, everyone has a natural floor and ceiling, but we've all been judging our players based on the "talent" that was exposed by bad coaching.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

I dunno man. I think I'd put good money on you being the only one. If there are more I can't imagine it's more than you could fit in a compact.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
They'll have more to crow about after Sunday, sadly.
I don’t concede - I hope we knock their whole season down! So they don’t win another game. Coaches knows em, good and bad, we have a recent history of smacking them square in the mouth when it counts.
it counts

BritCard

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I don’t concede - I hope we knock their whole season down! So they don’t win another game. Coaches knows em, good and bad, we have a recent history of smacking them square in the mouth when it counts.
it counts

I love your positivity, but pretty good chance we're going to get beat. I hope we don't, I think there's a chance we push them more than anyone thinks we will. But especially with our DL injuries it's like a 1% chance I reckon.

And that's ok, I knew what this season was going in with a starting QB on IR. If we can get Kyler back from game 5 and sign some DL I think we can win some games.

But this one, I'm just going to watch with low expectations and hope we can show enough to win against the spread.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sparky