Davante Adams on Reserve/Covid list !!!

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
I'd rather beat a team at full strength vs depleted too, but don't bemoan when we catch a break. A win on Thursday could go a long way in the playoff race, and would much rather be here than in Green Bay in January if the teams do play each other at full strength.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Being placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list is for a player who either tests positive for COVID-19 or who has been in close contact with an infected person or persons.
Not this season:
Fully vaccinated individuals will not be designated as high-risk close contacts, but can be held to daily testing for five days. Therefore, only unvaccinated players are at risk of missing games without a positive test.
And:
Adams has indicated that he is fully vaccinated.
...dave

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Line has already moved to Cardinals -6 on this news.

Man, that’s a HUGE jump. Feel like I got in that free hundo money line bet too early now. Plan was to put a free 100 on the pack to win. Since it wasn’t my money, if the Cards won, YES! If they lost, woulda sucked bad but at least I would have made 150 bucks.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They apparently have the same kind of issue we did their defensive coach is out for the game with Covid and they have a few other coaches who might be impacted. 2 hours after saying they were in enhanced protocols but no players were involved, Adams tested positive.

He needs 2 negative tests 24 hours apart. So if he were to test negative Tue 24 hours after his positive test and then again Wed or Thur, he could play Thur night. Actually that ESPN story was worded oddly I don't think they care when he first tests neg as long as the 2nd negative is at least 24 hours later. That is he could test negative today and then 24 hours later on Tue and he'd be cleared.

Unlikely though. I assume because it's the NFL and they do their own testing they don't have to wait to start re testing him but it would seem likely for him to play Thur he's going to have to test negative no later than Wed afternoon the first time so he has time to go 24 hours and be negative again.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'd rather they had Adams.

Now when we beat them it will be "Well they didn't have Davante Adams"
Who cares what anyone says.

Winning takes no mercy. No one cared when HB was out and Palmer was a shadow of himself in the NFCC in 2015. There were plenty of jokes in the 2014 season when we played Carolina in the playoffs, need I remind you that game. We had injuries too on SB capable teams when we lost Palmer to ACL tears. Those teams are lost in history.

Kyler was definitely injured last year and didn't have CJ almost the whole year. Who cares? Only us.

No one remembers the losers, no matter how much it sucked. They only remember the winners. Take what you get can, plenty of SB winners have already had plenty of breaks/advantages.

It's our turn to win. We have already proved ourselves at 7-0 as a legitimate team. Take what you can get and leave nothing behind.

SB winners are immortalized. It doesn't matter what road it took to get there.

In the small chance we stay undefeated, it doesn't matter what breaks we had, it still is the hardest thing to ever do and we will go down as the best team in history.

If we win a SB, no one will ever remember or care Adams wasn't in the game in week 8, or Hudson was out 3, or K2 was out 1.

Last edited:

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

We can turn around and say well we didn't have Rodney Hudson and I'm sure the Packer fans couldn't care less.

When it's all said and done a Win is a Win and no matter who shows up on the field.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I want them at full strength! This would have been the biggest test for us..being that it is a short week.

So far we have passed every test, including beating the Rams in LA...but this would have been another gauge of how ready we are for the playoffs.

I think this team has the right mentality, but I would really like to be pushed during the regular season so our playoff games are not a completely different world for KK especially.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I'd rather beat a team at full strength vs depleted too, but don't bemoan when we catch a break. A win on Thursday could go a long way in the playoff race, and would much rather be here than in Green Bay in January if the teams do play each other at full strength.
This

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

I don’t understand why y’all care so much what the pundits think about the cards. A win is a win. There’s no asterisk. They all count towards the playoffs and seeding. Other than the players’ actual health, that’s all that matters in these games.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I just want a win. If we play like we did in yesterday's first quarter Rodgers will blow us away.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I don’t understand why y’all care so much what the pundits think about the cards. A win is a win. There’s no asterisk. They all count towards the playoffs and seeding. Other than the players’ actual health, that’s all that matters in these games.
Exactly. It's not like we have been at full strength.

Last edited:

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Being placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list is for a player who either tests positive for COVID-19 or who has been in close contact with an infected person or persons.

Heck, even in Cleveland the story was more about their injuries as to why they lost, instead of how the Cardinals won, in spite of covid issues.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake