Dbacks vs Marlins Series

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If the Dbacks don't re-sign Hudson they must all be ********. With a staff full of ground ball pitchers you don't let your gold glove second baseman walk.

I agree!

Hudson's got more range than a Maytag store

NavyVet

Registered
Reaction score
of course, we could have used the the $1.6 million on him that we just wasted on Kennedy and the Korean emo.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
of course, we could have used the the $1.6 million on him that we just wasted on Kennedy and the Korean emo.

This doesnt make sense.. The 1.6 mil was only for this year.. Hudson's new contract (if he had gotten one) wouldnt kick in till after his old one is done.. So that 1.6 mil actually means nothing to Orlando..

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
5-4 lead for the dbacks in the bottom of the 8th inning lets hope the bullpen can end this game :)

NavyVet

Registered
Reaction score
This doesnt make sense.. The 1.6 mil was only for this year.. Hudson's new contract (if he had gotten one) wouldnt kick in till after his old one is done.. So that 1.6 mil actually means nothing to Orlando..

What doesn't make sense? That's 1.6 million that's no longer in the bank that could have been used to sign Hudson to an extension this year, or to a new contract when his current one is done. Just like they did with Byrnes. This isn't the NFL or NBA with salary cap considerations.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What doesn't make sense? That's 1.6 million that's no longer in the bank that could have been used to sign Hudson to an extension this year, or to a new contract when his current one is done. Just like they did with Byrnes. This isn't the NFL or NBA with salary cap considerations.

Although I didnt like those two guys we just let go, I dont see how it has anything to do with Husdon...

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Man Valverde gives me a heartattack every he time comes in please finish this game, wow what a nasty high fastball strikeout for the 2nd out that was sick :)

NavyVet

Registered
Reaction score
Although I didnt like those two guys we just let go, I dont see how it has anything to do with Husdon...

I agree Gee, I didn't like or want them either, but they spent 1.6 million that could have been left in the bank and used to re-sign Hudson. To me it was just spending money to spend money, and from what's been rumored, to keep Kim from a division rival.

And my example would be, what if the Dback's and Hudson do talk contract and we end up losing him for say a $2 million difference between them, over the life of the contract. That 1.6 million would have come in handy.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
sweet dbacks win 5-4 gj on the save by valverde, and another great job the offense GOOD JOB DBACKS KEEP IT UP

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
6-3 like I predicted. Pretty good and now let's hope the Pads lose.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
I agree Gee, I didn't like or want them either, but they spent 1.6 million that could have been left in the bank and used to re-sign Hudson. To me it was just spending money to spend money, and from what's been rumored, to keep Kim from a division rival.
It was 1.6 million spent to try and stabilize a very tenuous rotation and bullpen. Remeber that prior to coming AZ both Kennedy and Kim were outperforming Nippert and Peguero.

And $1.6 million won't be the sticking point when it comes re-signing Hudson.

NavyVet

Registered
Reaction score
It was 1.6 million spent to try and stabilize a very tenuous rotation and bullpen. Remeber that prior to coming AZ both Kennedy and Kim were outperforming Nippert and Peguero.

And $1.6 million won't be the sticking point when it comes re-signing Hudson.

I'm concerned that they won't try and re-sign him and I don't want to hear from ownership that money was the reason. He and Byrnes are invaluable to this team.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
blech - anyone want miguel olivo?!

was in dallas for the 2nd & 3rd game and glad I only was able to see highlights

with that said I hope you sweep the braves and take the NL West.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05