Do you guys think Bell will get a one-game suspension?

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
slinslin said:
It better not be after Walton and Brown didn't get a suspension for what they did.

I will say that how physical this series has gotten is a direct reflection of how the refs have called this series.

Each team is trying to impose it's will on the other instead of just playing basketball.

baltimorer

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think there's only one thing more certain than a Raja Bell suspension for game 6. It's that after it happens, the fans here will complain about how Luke Walton wasn't suspended for game 2 when he did what they will call "the exact same thing," or something that was "maybe even worse."

Look, I thought Raja Bell's headlock was funny and kind of sweet (if not really really really really dumb), but it's just uncalled for.

To be honest, if the NBA really does want to make these playoffs as exciting as possible, they won't suspend Bell. They'll let Raja play and allow the NBA to get back to the glory days of the NBA. This series could be a real throwback to the late 80s and early 90s when the fastbreak was almost as popular as the good, hard foul. When players actually meant it when they said, "no layups!" You know there's probably not going to be a fight or anything that could hurt the NBA's image - especially not with Kobe Bryant, because he's too smart to get thrown out for a game 7 - but it could add to the image of toughness that this game has been lacking since the mid 1990s.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
without a doubt he's a goner. Too bad - Game 6 was shaping up to be an all-out War.

xmykro

Reaction score
Raja will be suspended.

He clotheslined Kobe across his neck and slapped his face when he was pushing him to the floor.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nash says Bell should not be suspended. Thursday's game is going to be a war.

asudevil83

Reaction score
he wont, or at least i hope not....and there are a few reasons

1.) Walton and Kwame both didnt recieve suspensions because of what they did. the refs allowed for a hard series, and this is partially their fault.
2.) Kobe threw a pretty dirty elbow at Bell early on. there was a reason for Bell's hard foul on Kobe, and the league better realize that Kobe was looking for this to happen.
3.) Kobe was also ejected from the game. Kobe has played and talked a foul game tonight, and he got thrown out for it. Had Bell/Kobe both not gotten their double techs, then i dont know if Bell's flagrant would have been a 2. this was just an easy way of getting Bell/Kobe seperated before things got worse. Bell would not have been ejected on a flagrant 1.
4.) It's game 6, and you cant take away a Bell/Kobe matchup. it would be the highlight of the series after SportsCenter tonight. Suspending Bell would kill the emotions and fire from Game 6.
5.) again.....since Walton and Kwame both got nothing for their flagrants, then it would be an obvious league favor of the Lakers over the suns.
6.) because Nash JUST said that the league better not because of the above reason.
7.) the refs messed up the end of game 4 and they better see this as giving the suns a break after what they did with the walton out of bounds no call.

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
If the Suns were up 3-2, he definitely would, no question. They'd do everything possible to increase the drama.

Since they're down 3-2, it's a tougher call. I'd say 50/50.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think he'll be suspended now after what Nash said in post-game...

He's right...Walton clotheslined Diaw, Kwamie elbows him to the floor and stands over him...it's physical...

I'm feeling a lot better now.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I hope he doesn't get suspended, but it wouldn't surprise me if he does because he did it to Kobe. If he pulls that on Walton or Parker then I'd say definately no suspension.

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah but only because it was Kobe he threw down. If he threw any of the garbage on that team to the court, I would say no

xmykro

Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:
I don't think he'll be suspended now after what Nash said in post-game...

He's right...Walton clotheslined Diaw, Kwamie elbows him to the floor and stands over him...it's physical...

I'm feeling a lot better now.

Those fouls are not even comparable to what Raja did. He wrapped his arm around Kobes neck, then he pushed Kobes face to the ground.

He's going to get suspended.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
elindholm said:
Did Bell throw a punch? Often that's the determining factor.

No, he clotheslined him and brought him down.

There was an interesting point--Reggie Evans was not suspended for grabbing Kaman, yet Posey got suspended for something much less.

On the other hand, Luke Walton and Kwame Brown didn't get suspended either.

Nash has a point that there is a double-standard, and it's difficult to figure out just what that is because Stu Jackson seems to change it every day.

bko32

Registered
Reaction score
i think he will get suspended although, as a laker fan, i don't want to see it happen. i want to see a hard fought series with both teams at as close to full strength as possible.

i don't think nash's comments will make that much of a difference. luke's foul was hard, but i don't think there was any malicious intent on walton's part. kwame's technical was more for taunting than anything else. bell's foul appeared intentional and malicious. had he headlocked kobe than released the headlock to hold him up, then it's a different story. but it appeared that he also swiped at kobe as he was going down.

HooverDam

Reaction score
Zona90 said:
Nash says Bell should not be suspended. Thursday's game is going to be a war.

I dont think thats what Nash said. Nash didnt say he SHOULDNT be suspended, he said it wouldn't matter. Sort of the same thing D'Antoni said, they'd win with him or with out him.

To answer the threads question: I think Bell should be suspended and will be. However, I hope he isn't. I hope that makes sense. It would be inconsistent with this series if he was tossed.

I agree 100% with what the Chuckster said tonight. Bell cost the Suns the series, the Lakers are going to be jacked up.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
xmykro said:
Those fouls are not even comparable to what Raja did. He wrapped his arm around Kobes neck, then he pushed Kobes face to the ground.

He didn't push Kobe's face to the ground, come on. You see what you want to see--Raja will probably be suspended, but not because the foul is so much worse than what Walton and Kwame did in earlier games. It's because he fouled Kobe Bryant.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
xmykro said:

Yes they are. You just have your Laker blinders on.

Luke Walton is only lucky that TT didn't land on his neck or head. As for Kwame if you don't think thats suspension worthy, you are not just a Laker homer but a moron as well.