Draft Prospects thread

panfolk

Registered
Reaction score
Is Radenovic slow and soft? I always wonder why you Arizona fans don't talk about the Suns drafting him (I was reminded be the most recent DraftExpress mockup).

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is Radenovic slow and soft? I always wonder why you Arizona fans don't talk about the Suns drafting him (I was reminded be the most recent DraftExpress mockup).

Yes.

He deserves a lot of credit for how he's finishing his career, but he definitely does not belong in the NBA.

I don't know. If he works hard he might be able to find a niche somewhere. Doubtful though. He would do well in Europe, especially since he is foreign born and won't be subject to the American rule.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There is not much talk about Jared Jordan from Marist as he is projected to go towards the end of the second round. He gets the typical white description of being unathletic and slow. I haven't seen him play besides highlights, but he leads the nation in assists and plays well when Marist actually faces decent competition. I would like to see the Suns take him in the second if he is on the board or bring him in if he goes undrafted.

panfolk

Registered
Reaction score
There is not much talk about Jared Jordan from Marist as he is projected to go towards the end of the second round. He gets the typical white description of being unathletic and slow. I haven't seen him play besides highlights, but he leads the nation in assists and plays well when Marist actually faces decent competition. I would like to see the Suns take him in the second if he is on the board or bring him in if he goes undrafted.
If the description is accurate I'd think his lack of a 3point shot would be a sticking point for the Suns. Diener, however... :D

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Now I'd like to think I know you aren't angry, but why do you always sound so dispeptic?

Because I speak to the point, and a lot of people find that dyspeptic, I guess, even though most wouldn't use the word.

I think a terrible team would rather have Diaw than Marion, although I admit it is close, given how lousy Diaw has been looking this season. You disagreed and asked why, so I told you my reasoning. That's all there is to it.

But I'm sure you're right that Marion is a bigger fan draw than Diaw. I got carried away exaggerating that point.

Tank

Wifi Guru
Reaction score

It is hard to bring up 2nd rounders when we have 3 picks in the 1st round, but I was also thinking about that late (almost throw away) pick. I'm a bit of a homer here, but I would love to see the Suns take a look at Antanas Kavaliauskas from A&M at that point in the draft since he doesn't appear to be on anyone's draft radar. He still has room to grow, but has great footwork around the basket and range to his shot and in general some potential that could be realized in a system like the Suns. Also, and maybe most importantly, he actually can play some defense (he wouldn't see the floor if he didn't). He could definitely use some more muscle on his frame, and would probably be foul prone until he gets the hang of the league, but he could also be stashed in the D-league at first to see how he does.

Thought I'd see if any of you guys have seen him play might agree with me, or if I'm just looking through my maroon colored glasses...

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score

Has anyone seen RAdenovic play in the last month? He might have been one of the worst players in the country over that stretch.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone seen RAdenovic play in the last month? He might have been one of the worst players in the country over that stretch.

Come on he's not even the worst Serbian forward in the Pac 10 let alone the worst player in the country. He's much better than Nikola "high socks" Dragovic of UCLA who 9 months ago was a projected first round pick by NBAdraftnet and now can't get any PT ahead of Mike Roll or James Keefe.

panfolk

Registered
Reaction score
I think NBAdraft.net is reading my posts ;) They have us drafting Herbert Hill with our own pick. Not a bad idea. Anybody watch many Providence games?

Reaction score
There is no way the suns are gonna take marcus williams and shakur. Ya both are good, but come on...we don't need two guards right now. give me a big man please...

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Come on he's not even the worst Serbian forward in the Pac 10 let alone the worst player in the country. He's much better than Nikola "high socks" Dragovic of UCLA who 9 months ago was a projected first round pick by NBAdraftnet and now can't get any PT ahead of Mike Roll or James Keefe.
Ah yes, I forgot about the Serbian Budinger.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah yes, I forgot about the Serbian Budinger.

Euro Budinger.

Recently someone on Bruinzone said that Howland is "stashing" him so he can unleash him during the NCAA tournament on unsuspecting teams.

Somehow I doubt that.

playstation

Selfless Service
Reaction score
if sure its been asked, but do you think the #2 pick is now untouchable???

would a package of atlanta pick + marion do it? kevin durant is beyond words at this point...

The Commish

youknowhatimsayin?
Reaction score
I like Noah, but he and Diaw seem redundant. I'd rather attempt to trade up a spot or two and get Durant (even if it did require Marion to be involved). Of course that is dependent on the chips falling a certain way.

Durant is just filthy.​

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
MEM and BOS are currently the frontrunners for the #1/#2 slots. Someone else suggested a Marion + ATL#1 (if we get it) for the #2 if (whether Durant or Oden is there). I think I'd do that....

#4/Marion to BOS for #2/Szczerbiak/Powe

#4/Marion to MEM for #2/Miller/Cardinal

In the off chance that ATL ends up #2, we could do this:

Marion to ATL for #2/Pachulia/Lue/Batista

I don't know which of those, if any, are realistic. But, I would do any one of those not only for Durant, but for the good depth and shooting off the bench we'd get....

The Commish

youknowhatimsayin?
Reaction score
MEM and BOS are currently the frontrunners for the #1/#2 slots. Someone else suggested a Marion + ATL#1 (if we get it) for the #2 if (whether Durant or Oden is there). I think I'd do that....

#4/Marion to BOS for #2/Szczerbiak/Powe

#4/Marion to MEM for #2/Miller/Cardinal

In the off chance that ATL ends up #2, we could do this:

Marion to ATL for #2/Pachulia/Lue/Batista

I don't know which of those, if any, are realistic. But, I would do any one of those not only for Durant, but for the good depth and shooting off the bench we'd get....

I doubt Atlanta would do that only because they have so many wing players as it is.

But I do like the Boston scenario and I'm sure they would listen. Ainge has always like Marion and they would have a chance to get rid of Szczerbiaks contract.

If Memphis trades Gasol then I doubt they would slide down at risk of not landing a talented big man, but who knows?

hafey

Registered
Reaction score
I promise the first two picks, if oden and durant declare will not be traded. No matter what. This is all pointless dreaming.

The Commish

youknowhatimsayin?
Reaction score
I promise the first two picks, if oden and durant declare will not be traded. No matter what. This is all pointless dreaming.

Number #1 I agree, but the #2 I'm not so sure especially if Noah and Brandan Wright declare. If the package is right I can easily see a team sliding down a couple spots from the #2 pick.

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score

You don't think ATL would salivate at the prospect of having a lineup of PG-Joe Johnson-Marion-Shelden Williams-Noah (or Brandan Wright)?

What about BOS with West-Pierce-Marion-Noah or Wright-Jefferson?

What about MEM with Lowry(PGOF)-Gay-Marion-Gasol(assuming no trade)-Wright or Noah?

A team would look at it from the perspective that Marion plus Noah or Wright is better than just Durant. On top of that, they get rid of contracts they don't like....

Ultimately, I would still rather have Garnett. I'd trade Marion/Bell/#4/CLE#1 for Garnett/MIN#1 (currently #15). I'd then draft Belinelli, Williams or Young and put him as the backup to Barbosa - the new starter....

hafey

Registered
Reaction score
you can rationalize the Suns getting Durant all you want, but I'm saying you will be disappointed. And no, I don't think anyone that knows what they're doing salivates at those line-ups. Durant and Oden are franchise players. The type of players that can radically alter the future of a poor franchise. Marion, Noah, Bredan Wright are not those players.

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
Durant last night had something like 34 and 23!!!!! The kid is amazing, I wish Atl's pick was unprotected and we could somehow get the 2nd pick. He's making a solid push to go #1

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
He's definitely having a much better season than Oden. There are several bigs who are averaging what Oden is averaging (not saying that means they are the same players), but Durant is just blowing everyone away. He is clearly the best player in the country, IMO, and he is the best best player in the country that we have seen in a LONG time at the college level....

sunsfn

Reaction score
He's definitely having a much better season than Oden. There are several bigs who are averaging what Oden is averaging (not saying that means they are the same players), but Durant is just blowing everyone away. He is clearly the best player in the country, IMO, and he is the best best player in the country that we have seen in a LONG time at the college level....

You are aware that Odon is just starting to use his right hand? He has been shooting with his left hand including free throws. Once his hand is healed, watch out!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05