Gambo: Possible Cousins to suns

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
not surprising considering your past comments, which showed you were an impatient instant-gratification bandwagon type.
thankfully the organization is never going to do that.
I've been with the Suns since 1982. Not bandwagon just frustrated as this team doesn't do it for me. Personally I've always loved Cousins. Yes I'm conflicted.it's just an opinion.....I really hope Booker becomes elite I just have some doubts. We shall see

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I've always believed a top power or center is how you have the best shot. But you know with the warriors and even our 7 seconds squad squash that thinking. Amare was a huge reason for our success IMO. I believe Cousins is so much better than him. Sadly I think the only way you getting Cousins is Booker. Very tough decision for me as a fan.Buuuut id still do it.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I've always believed a top power or center is how you have the best shot. But you know with the warriors and even our 7 seconds squad squash that thinking. Amare was a huge reason for our success IMO. I believe Cousins is so much better than him. Sadly I think the only way you getting Cousins is Booker. Very tough decision for me as a fan.Buuuut id still do it.
I would not trade Booker for Cousins, or anyone else for that matter. Booker is not only consistent (except when he was injured), he is clutch. And that comes from a guy who has wanted to see a big name Center in the middle for a long time. Since I started rooting for the Suns in 1970 when I first visited, and especially since 1978 when I moved my family to the Valley.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

No way would I trade Booker for Cousins.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Like I said it's tough for me atleast. I still believe Booker is in that 2 tier below Westbrook. I think adding Cousins puts us in playoffs. But 3 weeks ago I was anti Bledsoe and he's just been flat out great.One thing I think we all want is Cousins and Booker together

Errntknght

Reaction score
It'd be a stretch to say many of us wanted Cousins... we recognize his talent and size so it would be a mistake not to take on a good deal. Giving up Booker is not a good enough deal, IMO

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Griffin is taking it to the Suns tonight. Suns don't have "that guy". Do it!

I'd keep Warren, wouldn't let Booker, Bledsoe, Chriss and Len go though. I say Len because there's always a need for a backup center, he isn't garbage. Kings probably need a center in return for Cousins though.

I just don't see Bender panning out. He's got some length but may be more of an AK47 type of player without any legit offense right now.

I proposed a deal that would send Chris or Bender but I'm inclined to agree with you not to include Chris. I'd rather give Bender plus picks even if we had to give more in other areas to keep Chris.

Far as the Kings needing Len in return that's not the case. They actually have a logjam at center with quality players.

Last edited:

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I say lets be greedy. Keep our pick. It should be top three. Then make a splash in free agency.

Bledsoe is really helping the rebuild right now. His stock is soaring. He makes drafting a pg not a huge priority. We can easily go BPA. We can keep Bled or trade for need.

I would be glad to have Fultz, Ball, or Jackson.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think Divac did PHX a favor by saying Cousins is unavailable...at least until the season ends. At that point the team will know where we are in terms of picking in the draft. If we are outside the top 2 then maybe PHX goes all in on Cousins, if we are then McD needs to determine if we are better of dealing Bledsoe and taking either Ball or Fultz or dealing the pick for a known impact piece. If Bledsoe can land PHX an impact guy then that would be ideal by allowing PHX to replace him with a stud PG and get something of value for him.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Bledsoe and Len & stuff for Boogie, the non-winning mister technical reigning champion.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think Divac did PHX a favor by saying Cousins is unavailable...at least until the season ends. At that point the team will know where we are in terms of picking in the draft. If we are outside the top 2 then maybe PHX goes all in on Cousins, if we are then McD needs to determine if we are better of dealing Bledsoe and taking either Ball or Fultz or dealing the pick for a known impact piece. If Bledsoe can land PHX an impact guy then that would be ideal by allowing PHX to replace him with a stud PG and get something of value for him.

It occurred to me that the Suns and Divac could have a secret deal or something like "let's see how the draft order pans out and we'll talk again this summer"... Because there is no deal involving our draft and Cousins that can be worked out now. I'm sure though Divac is very interested in getting a top two pick off the Suns.

If the Suns don't trade Bledsoe by the deadline to me that points even more to a King's deal for Cousins.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
I'd be very surprised if they did trade Bledsoe even without trading for Boogie. Right now I think the organisation is backing up Bledsoe and not shopping him unless he wants to. At least that is what I hope.

What I said earlier was not serious.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Suns don't trade Bledsoe by the deadline to me that points even more to a King's deal for Cousins.

If we don't trade Bledsoe by the deadline I think the only conclusion that can safely be drawn is that we didn't trade Bledsoe by the deadline.

It takes two to tango (or more, in the NBA) and we have no idea what the market would be. Especially since he's at the age where he'd really only make sense to a legit contender in need of a point guard. And those kind of teams don't typically have the young talent and draft picks we'd be interested in not to mention cap space.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He just turned 27, he is not 30...... he is just about to enter his prime.

Considering the way he plays the game, I doubt his prime will extend to the end of his next contract and it will probably take to the end of that contract before our young guys come of age. Add in the injury risk and I think there's good reason to consider moving him as soon as we can find an interested buyer.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If we don't trade Bledsoe by the deadline I think the only conclusion that can safely be drawn is that we didn't trade Bledsoe by the deadline.

It takes two to tango (or more, in the NBA) and we have no idea what the market would be. Especially since he's at the age where he'd really only make sense to a legit contender in need of a point guard. And those kind of teams don't typically have the young talent and draft picks we'd be interested in not to mention cap space.
The only scenarios to where I can see teams being interested in Bledsoe are either a contender who may have an excess piece or someone that they feel doesn't fit or are frustrated with (ex Kevin Love). The other scenario is a team like MIN who are unhappy with their current PG and are an upgrade away from contending but aren't bad enough to get the necessary pick to upgrade via the draft.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

I read recently that McD considers himself a mover and shaker (so to speak) and is not content to sit back. I think he's primed for a big deal although it may not be just for Cousins.

Mark my words...If Bled doesn't get traded by the deadline look for a huge shake up this summer. He's not going to draft a PG and just sit back and wait for grass to grow.

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
https://mobile.twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Woj keeps tweeting how talks for trading cousins are heating up, I'm not on the fence anymore. I hope suns are not part of talks because I don't trust McDonough not to give up too much. He doesn't have any cred with making trades, hell give up our pick this year and bender or chriss. The pick as the center of the trade is the most I'll give.

I'd rather just stay the course with the rebuild.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Rumor is a deal is in place for him as of tonight

Not the sund

OP
OP
H

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixYS 17m17 minutes ago
Kings have not been seeking equal value in Cousins deal, source tells @TheVertical. Young talent, draft picks, expiring contracts primarily.

A boston guy just tweeted boston is not in discussions, they have most assets that fit the above description. So that seems like it could fit suns, sadly i fear mcdonough will give up too much as always

OP
OP
H

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Rumor is a deal is in place for him as of tonight

Not the sund

Source? Can't be pelicans, they have nothing. there pick this year is 9, if they get cousins it'll be much worse

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05