Gambo: Possible Cousins to suns

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixYS 17m17 minutes ago
Kings have not been seeking equal value in Cousins deal, source tells @TheVertical. Young talent, draft picks, expiring contracts primarily.

A boston guy just tweeted boston is not in discussions, they have most assets that fit the above description. So that seems like it could fit suns, sadly i fear mcdonough will give up too much as always

I heard rumors about the Pelicans earlier.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Maybe if the suns get a first rounder for Tucker they can parley it towards Cousins...

Hey it's something!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gambadora has been quiet. He likes to be first breaking a Suns trade.

OP
OP
H

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If it's not boston, who could it be with a better offer?

Lakers may not even have their pick this year. Pelicans pick may not be worth anything. Who else, denver is in playoffs pick, unless jokic is involved dont see it, and dont see denver doing that.

OP
OP
H

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I just saw pelicans are trying, dont see what the hell they have, buddy hield plus a likely non lottery pick this year?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it's not boston, who could it be with a better offer?

Lakers may not even have their pick this year. Pelicans pick may not be worth anything. Who else, denver is in playoffs pick, unless jokic is involved dont see it, and dont see denver doing that.

I'd keep Jokic over Cousins.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't think we can deal for Cousins right now because our current draft pick isn't finalized. The trade deadline will probably be more about dumping players if anything.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just saw pelicans are trying, dont see what the hell they have, buddy hield plus a likely non lottery pick this year?

Earlier I read the Pelicans could offer multiple first round picks. Maybe they mortgage their future in alternate years?

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
https://mobile.twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Woj keeps tweeting how talks for trading cousins are heating up, I'm not on the fence anymore. I hope suns are not part of talks because I don't trust McDonough not to give up too much. He doesn't have any cred with making trades, hell give up our pick this year and bender or chriss. The pick as the center of the trade is the most I'll give.

I'd rather just stay the course with the rebuild.

I'd be throwing Bender and the pick for Cousins but they'd want more

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think we can deal for Cousins right now because our current draft pick isn't finalized. The trade deadline will probably be more about dumping players if anything.

The Suns could do it by offering multiple first round draft picks plus youth. I'm not enthused though.

OP
OP
H

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Trying to look at this objectively, can anyone see a non Boston offer better than this. Let me know.

2017 pick
Len
Warren
Miami 2018 pick
Miami 2021 pick

That's most I'll go, no way on bender or chriss

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trying to look at this objectively, can anyone see a non Boston offer better than this. Let me know.

2017 pick
Len
Warren
Miami 2018 pick
Miami 2021 pick

I would have said Portland but they just traded for Nurkic.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

2017 pick
Len
Warren
Miami 2018 pick
Miami 2021 pick

Booker is the only untouchable in my mind... Besides, if we got Cousins then we wouldn't need both bender and chris

OP
OP
H

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Booker is the only untouchable in my mind... Besides, if we got Cousins then we wouldn't need both bender and chris

We might be giving up fultz, jackson, issac, tatum, a future all star with this pick.

If bender develops a knockdown shot these next couple years, he could be porzingis, I'm not giving up that too.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I swear if someone gets Cousin for garbage and it's not the Suns im gonna lose it.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We might be giving up fultz, jackson, issac, tatum, a future all star with this pick.

If bender develops a knockdown shot these next couple years, he could be porzingis, I'm not giving up that too.

Porzingas is super inconsistent still. He's not really all that

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

I don't think the fans and McD are willing to wait more years if stars could be had.

And we don't need Fultz...We got Bled.

OP
OP
H

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Here is the driver if true.

He just said this weekend wall and bledsoe are like family, and he's planning on signing with sacramento. He'll sign with suns, much better situation than sac, I'm not too worried about that.

But I agree Finito if new Orleans garbage offer gets it, that is ridiculous.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05