Gameday thread Cardinals at Bears 9-20-15

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Bettcher seems to be calling a safe, and reactive game. Not seeing a bunch of blitzes, and while I get that this is the second week vs a solid screen team, it is weird.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Campbell at this moment better turn on beast mode because this DL is very meh and I hate say it but not a playoff caliber front

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't like the defensive line in preseason. My opinion hasn't changed.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll be honest... I don't know how this D is going to be good this year. They gave up a TON of yards to the Saints last year (who sucked last year and don't look good again) and the Bears are making them look silly.

there's no pressure on the QB, it doesn't appear Bettcher can scheme anywhere close to what Bowles did and our LBers are somehow WORSE then last year. Maybe Bettcher figures something out, but his lack of experience/talent is pretty worrisome early in the season.

for the first time in Arians' tenure, the season is going to be on the offense.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Bettcher seems to be calling a safe, and reactive game. Not seeing a bunch of blitzes, and while I get that this is the second week vs a solid screen team, it is weird.
Just reminds me of when Horton first got here. That D was concerning the first 5 games or so. I just hope this D turns it around, it's obviously not going to happen in a game or two.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
Our D is making the Bears look like world beaters. Time for the offense to carry this game today.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I'll be honest... I don't know how this D is going to be good this year. They gave up a TON of yards to the Saints last year (who sucked last year and don't look good again) and the Bears are making them look silly.

there's no pressure on the QB, it doesn't appear Bettcher can scheme anywhere close to what Bowles did and our LBers are somehow WORSE then last year. Maybe Bettcher figures something out, but his lack of experience/talent is pretty worrisome early in the season.

for the first time in Arians' tenure, the season is going to be on the offense.

Which is a bad omen, since our offense isn't built to carry the team; it's a traditional don't give the game away offense to go with a stout defense :(

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Betcher needs to dial up some blitzes. I thought he said that he would run the defense similar to Bowles? You can't cover all day with no pass rush.