Giants at the Cardinals gameday thread 9-17-23

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score
Lots of people bet on the Cards. That’s how the line went from 6 to 4.

Ah. Didn't see it dropped to 4. Last I saw though was couple days ago and was still 5 or 6 I believe but may be wrong. I rarely bet on sports anymore. I feel like I'm gambling too much on certain stocks in the market already. Lol

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fun fact: It was the first time the Giants overcame a deficit of 20 or more points to win since 1950 against the Baltimore Colts.
There’s about as much fun in that little nugget as you’re gonna have next week attending the Dallas game.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah, that is getting some headlines, but overall overcoming a 21 point deficit isn't incredibly uncommon league wide over the years. 28+ is much more rare. Heck didn't the Vikings overcome a 33-0 halftime deficit to the Colts just last year?
Blowing a 21 point lead with 4 minutes left in third quarter doesn’t occur often.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Losing a game and giving up a 20 pt lead in a half to lose a game are different things. The Cardinals look like they are still a donkey franchise and a joke with these types of performances.
In the scheme of things, no it's not.

I'm looking at baby steps this year. Be competitive and don't get blown out. Certainly the second half was a blowout, but they looked better than week one overall.

60 million and 6 top 100 picks is the hope right now.

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score
Blowing a 21 point lead with 4 minutes left in third quarter doesn’t occur often.

True. But even at that point the probability of a Giant win was still hovering around 5%. Given our history though and our current roster it should have probably been higher.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
0 points in six quarters for the Giants, we have our foot on their throat, and they score 31 in the next two.

I'm fine with it, given our situation, but objectively it was worse than the MNF collapse. It was a gut punch, even if it has that novocaine sort of feel obscuring most of the actual pain.

We also can't forget that this was the 2nd blown lead this season in as many games, and it was another home loss, which makes us (if we include the Mexico city 'Home' game) 1-14 at home in our last 15, starting with that loss against Green Bay on Oct 28th, 2021.

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yeah, that is getting some headlines, but overall overcoming a 21 point deficit isn't incredibly uncommon league wide over the years. 28+ is much more rare. Heck didn't the Vikings overcome a 33-0 halftime deficit to the Colts just last year?
Doing it with only 4+ minutes left in the third though? That’s a special meltdown.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05