Golden state @ Dallas

Furio

Rookie
Reaction score
If Houston beats Utah, I don't think they can run with GS. Yao will be neutralized.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Great quote from Davis, "People are quick to bring up bad things about Stephen Jackson, but people forget, he is a good basketball player".

What a game. I was hoping it wouldnt be a letdown and it was amazing.

Stephen Jackson is insane, but he's got big balls, and you gotta give him that.

Even back to s.a., everyone remembers kerr in game 6 against dallas '03, but jackson kept them in that game which advanced them to the finals.

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
Great quote from Davis, "People are quick to bring up bad things about Stephen Jackson, but people forget, he is a good basketball player".

What a game. I was hoping it wouldnt be a letdown and it was amazing.

I wonder if I was laughing about this quote with you... The followup question to that answer should have been, "So, I guess since he plays basketball so well, he shouldn't be held responsible for his off-court problems?"

;)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lets do it baby (but don't forget detroit, i still have that ass whipping in mind they gave us, so lets root for anyone else out east).

If we cany beat the spurs this year when healthy, at least we can honestly say we didn't deserve the title.

totally agree with everything above. I'm rooting for Chicago - if we can somehow knock off our big brother and then shove it up the ass of the city that denied us the only other chance I've ever seen us have to win a title, it couldn't be better!

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
and let me thank Mitch Kupchak once again for being a complete and utter ****** and deciding AGAINST trading for Baron Davis when the deal was on the table.

i love the Kupcake. He's singlehandedly ruining Kobe's career.
Hey, it must've been pretty hard to beat a package of Dale Davis and Speedy Claxton.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't like to think of our second round series as "the finals." That's the kind of thinking that doomed the Mavs last year. We still need 12 wins, and only four of those can come in the next round.

tobiazz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm rooting for Chicago - if we can somehow knock off our big brother and then shove it up the ass of the city that denied us the only other chance I've ever seen us have to win a title, it couldn't be better!

I don't feel like seeing ABC/ESPN show the damn Paxson shot before every game. The Nets might be the easiest team to defeat.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mean, seriously, that game was beyond pathetic! So great! So great!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't feel like seeing ABC/ESPN show the damn Paxson shot before every game. The Nets might be the easiest team to defeat.

it'll feel so good when I erase that crap from my mind and FINALLY get over on ALL of my relatives in Chicago - which are ALL of them.

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
On their board...

MVP THROPY Dirk better ship that MVP trophy to PHX!!
You must be registered for see images attach

tobiazz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I like how TNT is playing a Too Short (from Oakland) baseline during the highlights.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Speaking of, Dirk is a wuss. Oh, I know we all have enjoyed watching him and cheering for him. We have even told ourselves that he can't be a wuss because we have seen him have huge games in the clutch. All good points. However, I see a soft jump shooter, a defensive liability, and a guy who played scared, tentative, and looked like a big sissy. I think the two lasting images of this series that I will forever carry with me are Dirk shooting fade away jumpers over guys a foot shorter than him and missing practically every one of them. The other image happened in the third quarter tonight when Baron Davis got in the open floor, blew past his man, attacked the rim where Dirk was coming to help, and went right over him. Dirk didn't try to block the shot. He didn't even wave at the ball. He just let the man score. He immediately looked towards the bench like Avery was supposed to somehow bail him out. I swear to you, if that was a junior high player, I would have sit him down indefinitely. It absolutely made me sick.
Nice evaluation of Dirk by their fans... ;)

carrrnuttt

Didactic
Reaction score
Some classics I found on another board:

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images attach

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
We Need A Point Guard

Dirk has no balls, no question, but we have to get somebody that can get us some easy shots. Ever since you-know-who left, we play one-on-one basketball and struggle to get good looks....that why when our jumper is not falling, it kills us....we have nobody that can get easy shots for someone else. Terry is what he is...a good 2 guard, but he is not a point...our biggest need is a playmaker in the backcourt.
Pretty cool evaluations by Mavs fans ;)

The entire thread is worth reading...

http://p073.ezboard.com/We-Need-A-P...alldotcomfrm2.showMessage?topicID=30889.topic

Last edited: