Good Game but dont get ya hopes up

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
You guys had one injury last year. You guys have alot of depth and alot better player around Steve Nash. Everyone said you guys would of swept us last year looked what happend we took you to game 7.

wow, you can take a team with the largest player standing 6'8 to 7 games. good going. too bad you guys never showed up to game 7.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
This is game 1 of the series. I not worried about losing the first game of the sereis.

its about time you worry about losing the first game of the series, you did. and now you have to beat us at home in order to avoid a sweep

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good game today. But watch out we are gonna pull an upset over you guys and win the series. Kobe did everything he could to win the game today but when his teamates step up we are gonna be rollin.

He did everything he could to take his teammates OUT of the game. Believe that.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Uh his teammates DID step up. Odom 17/16 over 50%, Walton 10/6/6 over 50%.

Kobe was a ballhog today, we will take it anytime. If we are actually shooting like normal it would be a blowout despite that.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
its about time you worry about losing the first game of the series, you did. and now you have to beat us at home in order to avoid a sweep

No, that isn't true. You'll have to beat the Lakers at home twice to get the sweep.

I don't think the Lakers are going to win it, but don't start jawing about "you have to beat us at home to avoid the sweep." The cliche-for-a-reason is "a series doesn't start until someone wins on the road." You did what you are supposed to do, win the first home game. If the Lakers split, the series will shift to the Suns having to win on the road.

Bottom line, you held court, which was what you should have done and what was expected. You win in LA, in game 3, and go up 3-0 then you can bring out your broom talk but before then it is just hot air.

Good lord.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
No, that isn't true. You'll have to beat the Lakers at home twice to get the sweep.

I don't think the Lakers are going to win it, but don't start jawing about "you have to beat us at home to avoid the sweep." The cliche-for-a-reason is "a series doesn't start until someone wins on the road." You did what you are supposed to do, win the first home game. If the Lakers split, the series will shift to the Suns having to win on the road.

Bottom line, you held court, which was what you should have done and what was expected. You win in LA, in game 3, and go up 3-0 then you can bring out your broom talk but before then it is just hot air.

Good lord.

pardon, i meant beaten in the series not swept. in that case, the lakers will have to win one in phx in order to stay alive.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
Uh his teammates DID step up. Odom 17/16 over 50%, Walton 10/6/6 over 50%.

Kobe was a ballhog today, we will take it anytime. If we are actually shooting like normal it would be a blowout despite that.

i suppose if the lakers and their fans want to say that their gameplan works and they should have won then more power to them. if somebody wants to hang their hopes on the suns missing multiple wide open threes and mid-range jumpers, well they are honestly a fool.

To be very honest, the title of this thread should be something we post on a lakers message board. they shouldnt get their hopes up over playing a decent first half, while kobe was on fire.

Last edited:

fordronken

Reaction score
Come back when you get out of grade school. If you're already out of grade school, try to go back and learn the basics of the English language. If that doesn't work, I can help you write a letter to your congressman, because it's pretty clear you'll need help.

TheFallen49

Veteran
Reaction score
Kobe was responsible for the halftime lead and equally as responsible for the second half loss... especially during the fourth when nothing was going down, I think he was 1-12? PASS THE BALL! Like someone said, Odom was 50% and Walton was 50%... do you think they might be a good option when nothing is going down? Nah.

Lakers will win one or two, it's rare to see Kobe so anti-clutch... I think he'll be on a mission the next few games.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lakers will win one or two, it's rare to see Kobe so anti-clutch... I think he'll be on a mission the next few games.

I hope so because when Kobe's on a mission against the Suns, we beat him almost every time.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
pardon, i meant beaten in the series not swept. in that case, the lakers will have to win one in phx in order to stay alive.

Abso-lutely. In fact, a Split is almost required. I don't think the Lakers could take 4-5 in the most optimistic, homer-induced drunkfest I could have.

Last edited:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Come back when you get out of grade school. If you're already out of grade school, try to go back and learn the basics of the English language. If that doesn't work, I can help you write a letter to your congressman, because it's pretty clear you'll need help.

You guys need to stop banging people for their grammar, seriously, when Gee is out there busting on Lakerfans too.

Glass houses people. It's not like this place is a Harvard english class.

:p

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
Uh, does thios guy even realize the poor shooting the Suns had today? And it wasn't about LA's D either. They were 6-23 from the 3 and they were all wide open! Are you telling me you think that trend will continue? If you think it's all a matter of the "other guys" stepping up, then I'm sure you must have considered that had a couple of our guys "stepped up" (Bell and Diaw), this game would have been an absolute blow-out - an embarrassment....

In short, you can call for your guys to step up, but just know that the Suns guys will also step up....

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
But look at the Player Nash has around him. If Kobe was on the Suns they would be as good as a team they are now or better.
I gotta disagree with this statement. I actually think if you swap Nash and Kobe, then the Suns would be a worse team than they are now. Kobe is too selfish to play with other great players (see Shaq). He would destroy the chemistry with Amare and Marion. Nash makes his teammates better, Kobe sits back and watches them struggle and then tries to take over himself.

Now if your argument is that Kobe on the Suns in addition to Nash would make them better, well...duh!

Phxchris1989

Registered
Reaction score
Good game today. But watch out we are gonna pull an upset over you guys and win the series. Kobe did everything he could to win the game today but when his teamates step up we are gonna be rollin.

*in southern accent* watch it boy, them's fightin words 'round here.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I gotta disagree with this statement. I actually think if you swap Nash and Kobe, then the Suns would be a worse team than they are now. Kobe is too selfish to play with other great players (see Shaq). He would destroy the chemistry with Amare and Marion. Nash makes his teammates better, Kobe sits back and watches them struggle and then tries to take over himself.

Now if your argument is that Kobe on the Suns in addition to Nash would make them better, well...duh!

Kobe's supporting cast is less than Nash's. Sorry, but he has no Amare, or Marion. No lock down defender like Raja who can ALSO hit threes. No Barbosa who can get to the rim at will. None of that. Stop downplaying your freaking team already. They are good, for God's sake. Kobe on the Suns would win a ring, just like Nash SHOULD win a ring with these guys. IMO, your worst player who gets a lot of burn is Marion and for god's sake think about that for a second. You have nothing to whine about, ever ever ever ever. EVER.

WTF are you guys thinking sometimes? I'd love to have some of the pieces you have right now.

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
Kobe's supporting cast is less than Nash's. Sorry, but he has no Amare, or Marion. No lock down defender like Raja who can ALSO hit threes. No Barbosa who can get to the rim at will. None of that. Stop downplaying your freaking team already. They are good, for God's sake. Kobe on the Suns would win a ring, just like Nash SHOULD win a ring with these guys. IMO, your worst player who gets a lot of burn is Marion and for god's sake think about that for a second. You have nothing to whine about, ever ever ever ever. EVER.

WTF are you guys thinking sometimes? I'd love to have some of the pieces you have right now.
Sorry, but with the players they have and the style of play that they play, Nash is a better fit for this Suns team. Kobe wouldn't make them better than Nash does. The Suns don't need another shooter; they need what Nash brings. I wouldn't make the trade (for the short term anyway).

Kobe and Nash are different types of leaders. Kobe leads by example, while Nash leads by trust and empowerment.

Spider TX

Reaction score
Kobe is the best player in the league and he is good enough to win 1 or two games by himself. The other player need to step they game up.

Your so called best player in the league was having one of those games today until Raja Bell shut him down. Your boys will be EXTREMELY LUCKY to get even 1 win in this series.

Spider TX

Reaction score
You don't know that. The Heat or the Pistons could've of beat them. Tim Thomas was good enough last year to get the job done.

Tim Thomas is a decent role player at best, don't ever compare him to what Amare brings to the team, or the caliber of player that Amare is.

fordronken

Reaction score
You guys need to stop banging people for their grammar, seriously, when Gee is out there busting on Lakerfans too.

Glass houses people. It's not like this place is a Harvard english class.

:p

Okay, but coming in to talk trash and using incorrect grammar is putting yourself in a position to be made fun of. It's like going into a job interview with mustard on your shirt. Not exactly the impression that gets you taken seriously.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05