Good Game but dont get ya hopes up

kobeskool

Reaction score
Good game today. But watch out we are gonna pull an upset over you guys and win the series. Kobe did everything he could to win the game today but when his teamates step up we are gonna be rollin.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good game today. But watch out we are gonna pull an upset over you guys and win the series. Kobe did everything he could to win the game today but when his teamates step up we are gonna be rollin.

uh, why will they step up all of a sudden when they haven't for the last 30 games?

do you even remember the last time the Lakers beat someone with a winning record? It was over TWO MONTHS AGO.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
We are now 11-0 in games over the last 3 years against the Lakers when Amare in starting and/or KT is healthy.

OP
OP
K

kobeskool

Reaction score
uh, why will they step up all of a sudden when they haven't for the last 30 games?

do you even remember the last time the Lakers beat someone with a winning record? It was over TWO MONTHS AGO.
Not exactly 2 months ago it was on MArch 26 against the Jazz. We haven't been healthy this year and we have had a lot of injuries so are chemisty was messed up. It is gonna come together though, I'm tellin you it is.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not exactly 2 months ago it was on MArch 26 against the Jazz. We haven't been healthy this year and we have had a lot of injuries so are chemisty was messed up. It is gonna come together though, I'm tellin you it is.

And you think it will magically happen in the next few games?

OP
OP
K

kobeskool

Reaction score
And you think it will magically happen in the next few games?
Yeah they played good today untill the end of the 3rd quarter they just have to keep up the good defense and get good shots offensivly.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
The #2 team is going to beat the #7 team, LaLa fan.

Boy, was Kobe shut down the whole second half. Great job by Raja, with a little help from his friends.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

it was FEBRUARY - it's sad when Suns fans know more than Laker fans about their own team.

and keep believin'. if you somehow think chemistry which has been off all year is going to come together against a 61 win team with homecourt advantage and a 1-0 series lead, more power to you.

OP
OP
K

kobeskool

Reaction score
it was FEBRUARY - it's sad when Suns fans know more than Laker fans about their own team.

and keep believin'. if you somehow think chemistry which has been off all year is going to come together against a 61 win team with homecourt advantage and a 1-0 series lead, more power to you.
My bad it was Feburary and it wasn't exactly two months ago yet. I don't care about homecourt advantage it is over rated especally in basketball. There chemisty was good at the begining of the year until Kwame, Luke and Lamar got injured.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My bad it was Feburary and it wasn't exactly two months ago yet. I don't care about homecourt advantage it is over rated especally in basketball. There chemisty was good at the begining of the year until Kwame, Luke and Lamar got injured.

their schedule was good at the beginning of the season, having 19 of their first 24 games in Staples. They got fat in the first twenty games and have looked like crap ever since - plain and simple.

good teams withstand injuries - just look at the Suns last year as evidence of that. the Lakers are not a good team.

OP
OP
K

kobeskool

Reaction score
The #2 team is going to beat the #7 team, LaLa fan.

Boy, was Kobe shut down the whole second half. Great job by Raja, with a little help from his friends.
Kobe is the best player in the league and he is good enough to win 1 or two games by himself. The other player need to step they game up.

OP
OP
K

kobeskool

Reaction score
their schedule was good at the beginning of the season, having 19 of their first 24 games in Staples. They got fat in the first twenty games and have looked like crap ever since - plain and simple.

good teams withstand injuries - just look at the Suns last year as evidence of that. the Lakers are not a good team.
You guys had one injury last year. You guys have alot of depth and alot better player around Steve Nash. Everyone said you guys would of swept us last year looked what happend we took you to game 7.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kobe is the best player in the league and he is good enough to win 1 or two games by himself. The other player need to step they game up.

If you read the predictions thread, most people felt Kobe was good for a win or two. But not four. That is the problem.

Talent-wise, Kobe may be the best one-on-one single player, but that is not what wins games in the NBA.

Steve Nash is a far better NBA TEAM player than Kobe.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You guys had one injury last year. You guys have alot of depth and alot better player around Steve Nash. Everyone said you guys would of swept us last year looked what happend we took you to game 7.

And that injury kept the Suns from winning the title. Amare is a top twenty-five player.

OP
OP
K

kobeskool

Reaction score
If you read the predictions thread, most people felt Kobe was good for a win or two. But not four. That is the problem.

Talent-wise, Kobe may be the best one-on-one single player, but that is not what wins games in the NBA.

Steve Nash is a far better NBA TEAM player than Kobe.
But look at the Player Nash has around him. If Kobe was on the Suns they would be as good as a team they are now or better.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Amare Stoudemire AND KT both were lost to injuries - we lost our starting PF and C - but yeah, that doesn't count.

And NO ONE said we were going to sweep you last year - in fact, you were the chic pick to upset the Suns after we stumbled down the stretch going 12-11 and you guys got hot at the end of last year. Stop living in the past.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But look at the Player Nash has around him. If Kobe was on the Suns they would be as good as a team they are now or better.

like when Kobe had Shaq and Karl Malone and Gary Payton and they won fewer games? Give me a break.

OP
OP
K

kobeskool

Reaction score
And that injury kept the Suns from winning the title. Amare is a top twenty-five player.
You don't know that. The Heat or the Pistons could've of beat them. Tim Thomas was good enough last year to get the job done.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You don't know that. The Heat or the Pistons could've of beat them. Tim Thomas was good enough last year to get the job done.

actually, by then we were down yet ANOTHER player as Raja was out for two games in the Dallas series and played on half a leg in the last two. To say that TT was good enough to get the job done over Amare is beyond words stupid.

you'd think the second half ass-kicking you and your team took today would be enough for you, but then you come here for more? Man, I thought I was a glutton for punishment.

OP
OP
K

kobeskool

Reaction score
actually, by then we were down yet ANOTHER player as Raja was out for two games in the Dallas series and played on half a leg in the last two. To say that TT was good enough to get the job done over Amare is beyond words stupid.

you'd think the second half ass-kicking you and your team took today would be enough for you, but then you come here for more? Man, I thought I was a glutton for punishment.
This is game 1 of the series. I not worried about losing the first game of the sereis.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05