Good Game but dont get ya hopes up

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
I never understood how people can say Lamar Odom could be an All Star with the right supporting cast. The guy is way too inconsistent and takes off way too many plays to ever be considered a great player. The guy has all the tools in the world, but if you play with an apathetic and lacksadasical attitude you will never be considered an All Star in this conference no matter who your PG is.

msdundee

Registered
Reaction score
Well, the last time Kobe was paired with a dominant big man, what happened? Oh, he won 3 championships.

Amare's young but he's probably done growing vertically. Who knows how long it would take him to pack on that extra 90-100 pounds........

ndjmc

Do or Do not.
Reaction score
I never understood how people can say Lamar Odom could be an All Star with the right supporting cast. The guy is way too inconsistent and takes off way too many plays to ever be considered a great player. The guy has all the tools in the world, but if you play with an apathetic and lacksadasical attitude you will never be considered an All Star in this conference no matter who your PG is.

The guy is a stiff.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Uh, does thios guy even realize the poor shooting the Suns had today? And it wasn't about LA's D either. They were 6-23 from the 3 and they were all wide open! Are you telling me you think that trend will continue? If you think it's all a matter of the "other guys" stepping up, then I'm sure you must have considered that had a couple of our guys "stepped up" (Bell and Diaw), this game would have been an absolute blow-out - an embarrassment....

In short, you can call for your guys to step up, but just know that the Suns guys will also step up....

exactly, if we even shoot our average, which would mean we just played average (which means we actually played below average yesterday) we win by 20+. according to our averages we would have had 9 more points from 3's and 5 or 6 more points from missed free throws (where we normally hit 80%). that's an additional 14 points at least. add it to the 8 point win, and we blow the lakers' doors in by 22.

and you can't attribute our shooting the lakers 'cuz those were WIDE OPEN 3's the suns missed and no defense can be played on free throws.

ndjmc

Do or Do not.
Reaction score
Good game today. But watch out we are gonna pull an upset over you guys and win the series. Kobe did everything he could to win the game today but when his teamates step up we are gonna be rollin.

Nice button pushing man, really top notch. It is admirable to behold your optimism for the Lakers. It is sad though. The truth is that the Suns didnt even play all that well yesterday. They didnt even score 100 points! When (and I did say when) they do it is going to be ugly. Remember Kobe watching game 7 last year? how about game 4? Good Luck Laker fan.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score

Sounds kind of like Diaw, actually.

ndjmc

Do or Do not.
Reaction score
Sounds kind of like Diaw, actually.

Yeah but Boris doesnt burn the GANJA. Or maybe he does, he put on some weight after getting that contract. He will be better in the next round. He was useless yesterday.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
One thing I'm dying to watch is Around the horn and PTI today. Why?

Because of what I saw during kobe's shot missing streak. We know he went 1-11 or 1-12 or whatever to end the game. Well at the point that was like 0-7 or 0-8 (I highly suggest for a laugh you pop the tape back in and look for it) he was out at the three point line closest to the camera, I was screaming at the television that there was a laker right underneath the hoop, wide open. He could have sat down, crossed his legs, and stood back up, and still been open. Hell he probably almost had a 3 second call on him lol.

Meanwhile Kobe, whose defender was positioned in front of him, half his body to the right, (like to force him to drive to the baseline) was giving kobe an excellent look, and an easy pass to said lakers player.

Instead kobe IGNORES IT, dribbles it, goes to the other side of the 3 point line (furthest away from the camera) and drives in and actually makes a finger roll layup. Sure he made the shot, but it was very difficult, took an additional 10 seconds off the clock, and was one of the worst selfish plays i've ever seen.

I'm almost sure it will be mentioned on PTI or Around the Horn in the context of Kobe 'shooting too much', or not able to 'lead his team' other than by shooting it 50 times a game, and how that 'won't be enough' to stop the suns.

Oh yes, this has a chance to be a good PTI and Around the Horn episode.

Kobe is a great 1 on 1 player, but if you saw the clip, you'd understand that Kobe plays the game like that, and barring unforeseen changes to his game I don't see that changing....definitely not by the time this series is over.

Obviously we have 3 more wins to get, but things like Kobe doing this, is a microcosm of what kills the lakers.

OP
OP
K

kobeskool

Reaction score
Uh his teammates DID step up. Odom 17/16 over 50%, Walton 10/6/6 over 50%.

Kobe was a ballhog today, we will take it anytime. If we are actually shooting like normal it would be a blowout despite that.
And who did you want him to pass the ball to?

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You only took us to game 7 last year because we didnt have amare or kurt thomas it wont happen this year

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
its hard to hold off a team when you dont have a big man that can get high % shots and get to the line late in games. this is the only reason that the lakers took the suns to 7 last year

azirish

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
its hard to hold off a team when you dont have a big man that can get high % shots and get to the line late in games. this is the only reason that the lakers took the suns to 7 last year

Not to mention the refusal of the refs to let Nash call a timeout.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
guys, come on - that was last year AND we won the damn series. get over it already. besides, if we hadn't choked away a 5 point lead with 30 seconds left in regulation, we wouldn't have been in that position in the first place. we did everything we could to give that game away, the refs just helped a little bit -just like in Game 1, when in the last minute, down 4, Kobe drove and got completely knocked upside the head by TT. Bad calls happen - but we won. move on.

Spider TX

Reaction score
Where is the moronic troll thread starter now? Of course nowhere to be found when his boys start playing like the team they really are, a bunch of pretenders.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05