Howard Suspension?

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I didn't see the play, but is there any chance Howard gets suspended for the hit on Thomas? What happened?

And who bloodied Nash's face? What the heck happened there?

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Tim was going for a dunk, went to the basket as hard as he could from the three point line, and Howard smacked him in the head with both arms. Looked like Tim was going to kick his ass, but walked away instead. Then Tim just walked through 4 mavs. It was awesome to see.

Tank

Wifi Guru
Reaction score
No suspension... Hard foul, deserved the flagarant, but nothing more.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
absolutely no suspension. even looking at the replay it was a better foul than i thought at first. from one angle it seemed purely directed at thomas' head. from another angle it was closer to the ball than i originally thought. flagrant was a good call though.

nash caught an elbow from terry i think and he threw one right back.

DaMav

Unabashed Mavericks Fan
Reaction score
My understanding for a flagrant foul is you have to not be making an attempt on the ball. There is a clear replay from down the other end of the court where you can cleary see Howard's hand on the ball.

edit:

I guess my assumption is wrong.

a. If contact committed against a player, with or without the ball, is interpreted to be unnecessary, a flagrant foul--penalty (1) will be assessed. A personal foul is charged to the offender and a team foul is charged to the team.
I don't know why I keep hearing people talk about making a play on the ball in reference to a flagrant foul. That is clearly not a consideration as the rule is written. It only has to be considered unnecessary.

island_dude

Reaction score
Tim Thomas is a nothing but a big wuss. He talks a big game, but that's about it. He proved he's nothing more than a punk by walking through the Mavs huddle.

The only tough guy the Suns have is out with a calf injury.

justAndy

Jolly Nihilist
Reaction score
island_dude said:
Tim Thomas is a nothing but a big wuss. He talks a big game, but that's about it. He proved he's nothing more than a punk by walking through the Mavs huddle.

yeah - you found this out via YOUR confrontation with him?

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
island_dude said:

See you later.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
elindholm said:
We chased away M3Man to make room for this?

I just don't get it.

They finally have a lead in the series and here they come. It was going to happen just like it did in the Lakers series.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Tim Thomas is great. He fouls hard and sticks up for his teammates. Walking through the huddle was brilliant. If the ref wasn't on top of things we could have gotten an advantage from it. I thought he did well on Dirk early in the game with some tough one on one defense. Dirk did a lot of his damage from the outside when Nash got switched onto him.

wStrikerV

Reaction score
I think that when Tim Thomas walked through the huddle it couldve gotten a Technical that wouldve negated some of that flagarant foul.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
wStrikerV said:
I think that when Tim Thomas walked through the huddle it couldve gotten a Technical that wouldve negated some of that flagarant foul.

No because it was very passive and there was no way that Dallas could not respond to it.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Yeah he got all ball........

Looks like a 2 armed closeline to the head.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Tim Thomas did get a technical for walking through the 4 Mavs players and Terry also got one for throwing an elbow into him so the double technicals cancelled each other out. That's the play that changed the game though so I don't know how smart it was for TT to do because he fired up the wrong team and changed the way the game was being officiated all in one play.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Joe Mama said:
No way in hell that merits a suspension.

Joe
I don't think it merited a suspension, but Howard knew how bad of a play it was and stood there stareing TT down. TT was able to cool down and walk away, but Howard looked ready to fight.

It's also the 2nd time he's been taken out by hard flagrant fouls in the head while in mid-air in the playoffs (Walton).

Last edited:

DaMav

Unabashed Mavericks Fan
Reaction score
jbeecham said:
You must be registered for see images attach

Yeah he got all ball........

Looks like a 2 armed closeline to the head.

Go back and watch the actual game, not a snap shot of it before or what it looks like here after the fact. You could see Howard's hand get ball when you look at it from the camera angle BEHIND the one where that picture was taken.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought Howard made an attempt on the ball, he ended up committing a very hard and flagrant foul. It's the follow-through that gets the flagrant.

Joe

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Joe Mama said:
I thought Howard made an attempt on the ball, he ended up committing a very hard and flagrant foul. It's the follow-through that gets the flagrant.

Joe

Yeah, Howard clearly made an attempt at the ball, but it looked like Thomas extended his arm far enough back where Howard completely whiffed on it and as a result caught Thomas square in the head/neck area. If he didn't use 2 arms (and really, who goes for a block with two arms) and didn't follow through into Thomas' neck it would have been a regular hard foul; but as such, I felt it warranted the flagrant call and nothing more.

nothin' but net

All Star
Reaction score
NAPOLEAN DYNOMITE said:
I think Tim Thomas is moron goooossssh!

hmmmm... Where to begin.

First of all, it is spelled Napoleon, not Napolean. And Dynamite, not Dynomite.

Second of all, you must be dumber than Uncle Rico and have slower reflexes than Kip if you think what you had to say was worth joining the board for.

Finally, next time you think you have something to say here, take some time to see if it is intelligent first, maybe go outside and feed some ham to your pet llama. If you still think it is intelligent, try your crotch burning time machine to see what people in the future will think of your post.

If you still feel OK after that, don't post anyway just in case.

:sickofnapoleondynamitereferences: