I can't do it

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know I should be wanting the New York Knicks to lose tonight, but I really want Marbury to do well. It doesn't help that I can't stand anybody but Yao Ming on the Houston Rockets. I guess this is a win-win or lose-lose game for me to watch.

Joe Mama

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Actually them really losing makes it easier for me to continue rooting against them.

Go Rockets. 15-2

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Originally posted by Joe Mama
I know I should be wanting the New York Knicks to lose tonight, but I really want Marbury to do well. It doesn't help that I can't stand anybody but Yao Ming on the Houston Rockets. I guess this is a win-win or lose-lose game for me to watch.

Joe Mama

i'm the same way. i really want the knicks to suck so we get a better draft pick, but i feel sorry for marbury, who is a class act, and i want to see him suceed in new york. :confused:

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
When will Knicks fans start to boo again?

21-2 Houston shoots 100% Knicks 11%

GoRockets I am rooting for history to be made tonight! :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually there is another reason I would like the New York Knicks to lose a lot of games this season. That is I do not like Isaiah Thomas. I haven't liked him in a long time, but that dislike turned to hate when he was a commentator for NBC. Now I think he is overrated and arrogant. Also, the New York media loves him, and that makes me hate him even more. :)

Holy cow! What did Jim Jackson eat for breakfast?

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
I'm rooting against the Rockets, too.

At least there's something to be gained by them kicking NY's tail.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Yeah it is pretty funny.

Although I thought I would want to root for Steph it somehow makes the whole trade much sweeter to see Penny and Steph sucking in New York.
Even individually , especially Penny.

OP
OP
J

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chaplin
Any booing in the Garden yet?

Before they scored their second basket you could hear several boos from the crowd.

The Houston Rockets should beginning called for defensive three second violations almost every time down the court. They have 3-4 guys planted in the middle of the paint on defense.

Joe Mama

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Rockets up by 20 in the third.

Penny and Marbury combine for 6 points 6 rebounds 5 assists 4 turnovers 1 steal and 3-12 shooting.

JerkFace

Reaction score
poor marbury, it's his first game at home and he's already starting to hear some boos.:thumbdown:

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I'll be dreaming of the #1 and #2 pick in the lottery the next days.

Heh! Now that would be something.

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
I did some quick looking, I came up with

Chicago in 2000 had the #4 and #7

The clips had the #1 and #6 in 1988

The cavs had the #1 and #8 in 1986

I think any of those combos will do for me.

newfan101

Registered
Reaction score
Two years before the lottery (83), the Rockets had the #1 and #3. They took Ralph Sampson and Rodney McCray.

JerkFace

Reaction score
Originally posted by thegrahamcrackr
I did some quick looking, I came up with

Chicago in 2000 had the #4 and #7

The clips had the #1 and #6 in 1988

The cavs had the #1 and #8 in 1986

I think any of those combos will do for me.

1997 - boston had #3 and #6

2001 - chicago #4 and did a draft day trade which netted them chandler who was #2 ( but technically they never had the pick just the player, so i guess it doesn't really count for this discussion)

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man was that ugly. I really felt sorry for Stephon Marbury. He probably should have had 15 assists tonight, but none of his teammates could make w i d e open shots. And I'm not talking about the kind of wide-open shots the Phoenix Suns were getting. I'm talking about shots where there was not a defender within 5 ft.

I don't think that Portland is going to take Keith Van Horn's contract in a trade for Rasheed Wallace. Even though the New York Knicks had said they are trying to place an emphasis on character, would they be willing to take Ruben Patterson to make a deal happen? Well, guess if they aren't willing to trade for Rasheed Wallace in the first place character can't be too big an issue.

Joe Mama

creed

Veteran
Reaction score
Really I think its hilarious that Marbury is stinking in NY. They been kissing his * every since hearing about the trade and both games so far he hasnt gotten above 10 points. I mean have we ever seen him score below 10 points?? Not only have we seen it once but twice now in NY...WHOA!