Is Dalembert In Play?

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
HoopsHype exerpted this from the Philadelphia Inquirer

Hunter has a number of interested suitors, his agent, Mark Bartelstein, said. &quot;We have had a couple of good conversations with the 76ers,&quot; Bartelstein said. &quot;The 76ers have done a lot of nice things. I'm sure Billy and I will continue to talk.&quot;</font></a></strong></u> Hunter, 23, averaged 4.6 points, 3.0 rebounds and 1.34 blocks in 12.8 minutes last season. King offered no news on negotiations with Dalembert, who is planning to meet with Atlanta on Monday.

The Sixers are listed as having salaries of $72 million before doing something with Dalembert. I'm beginning to think they hope to do a sign and trade deal for picks rather than players. If that happens, then Hunter is a Sixer.

asudevil83

Reaction score
that was probably the most difficult thing i've ever read.

But just last week the sixers said that they were going to lock up their 3 FA's (Dalambert/Green/Korver). they locked up Green and Korver so i wouldnt be suprised if they locked up Daly.

additionally, that $70+mil roster also includes Mashburn who comes off the books next march.

i think they'll keep Dalambert and if anything trade Webber off to the knicks.

playstation

Selfless Service
Reaction score
SI.com said:
Dalembert, 76ers agree to new deal

By Ian Thomsen, SI.com

The Philadelphia 76ers agreed to a six-year contract late Saturday with restricted free agent center Samuel Dalembert, his agent Marc Cornstein told SI.com. Salary figures were not immediately available.

Dalembert had been scheduled to interview Monday with the Atlanta Hawks, who possessed enough cap space to make him a maximum offer.

With this agreement, the 76ers have made good on their promise to re-sign free agents Dalembert, Willie Green and Kyle Korver. They also now have one of the highest payrolls in the NBA.

k

OP
OP
George O'Brien

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I guess the Sixers took the Atlanta threat seriously.

It appears that the only players interested in the Hawks are ones who don't actually want to play for them, just to use them to get better deals from their own teams. Unrestricted guys who could address their needs like Swift and Ilgauskas won't even talk to them.

meth

Rookie
Reaction score
Dalembert for JJ (sign and trade)

Phily gets great partner for AI for 1/2 spots.

Suns:
Dalembert
Amare
Marion
Finley
Nash
(Payton(?), Barbosa, Bell, JJax, Thompson, KT).

Next year we can trade Marion and watch duo Dalembert&Amare rule.
:beer:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
meth said:
Dalembert for JJ (sign and trade)

Phily gets great partner for AI for 1/2 spots.

Suns:
Dalembert
Amare
Marion
Finley
Nash
(Payton(?), Barbosa, Bell, JJax, Thompson, KT).

Next year we can trade Marion and watch duo Dalembert&Amare rule.
:beer:

I guess I'm desperate enough to get a big man for Phoenix, I would blink. However, what has Dalembert done to be considered the equal off JJ in terms of production?

IF I were the Suns management I would not make such a sign and trade unless JJ just does not want to play for the Suns and this is the best offer available to get some sort of quality in return.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hopefullu this takes more one team off the Stephen HUnter market. I'm hoping we re-sign JJ and get Hunter back for one more year at the 1.7 exception - we do that and I'm ready to believe this team has all the pieces necessary to beat SA.

Reaction score
"hopefullu this takes more one team off the Stephen HUnter market. I'm hoping we re-sign JJ and get Hunter back for one more year at the 1.7 exception - we do that and I'm ready to believe this team has all the pieces necessary to beat SA."

I hope so. While Hunter isn't a very strong option as the team's #2 big man...his shotblocking (2nd in the League in blocks per minute played) and athleticism would be a nice safety net to have as a #3 behind Amare and KT.

The only thing is...he has repeatedly stated that the length of the contract is more important to him that the immediate dollars (I guess he wants the security of a long term deal). The 1.7 mil exception can be a maximum of 2 years. I'm interested to see the exact numbers on Raja Bell's deal...(and what the MLE numbers turn out to be). If we started Bell at...say...$4 mil per year (with yearly increases), we may have enough to offer Hunter a 5 year deal...starting at $1.9 mil if the MLE is close to 5.9 (as rumored). That would still leave the 1.7 / 2 year option for Finley or a backup point guard....

...nah....that would be too good to be true.

(I wish the moratorium was over already).

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wilecoyotesupergenius said:
(I wish the moratorium was over already).

Agreed, I wish the Suns would at least throw us a bone (hint), of what they are doing.

Their recent silence has been deafening.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05