KG to LA?????

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
with our three-way with Boston, Minny gets the #5, a TON of expiring cap space AND the Hawks unprotected likely lotto pick next year. That deal is better for them, plain and simple and I don't believe whatever smoke Marion's agent has blown has destroyed the deal - it just gave Minny the chance to try and up the ante to get the Suns to include Amare, which ain't happening and when reality set in about Marion's comments, no one takes him seriously.

Yes, but in this scenario Boston gets JO instead of Marion. That's a no-brainer, IMO.

At any rate, it's interesting and will make this week go by quicker. I'm all for that...

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So now McHale is looking to get cap space and draft picks? Is that not what the orignal three way deal with PHX/BOS/MIN accomplished. I don't think the Wolves can get a better offer IMO.

they're trying to scare the Suns into unloading Amare. It ain't gonna happen.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yes, but in this scenario Boston gets JO instead of Marion. That's a no-brainer, IMO.

At any rate, it's interesting and will make this week go by quicker. I'm all for that...

Who cares, minnesota dictates the deal not boston. Boston is willing to give up the things on their side for either marion OR o'neal, it doesn't matter who they want more.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Were the Suns willing to do the contract extension for KG?

I am wondering if that isnt a sticking point of Taylor wanting to make sure his surrogate son KG gets a new deal.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Wait wait wait....So not only is the Matrix responsible for us not getting a top # 5 pick and not getting KG but now his whiny ass complaints and refusal to go to Boston are going to send our most hated rival one of the top 5 players of the last decade to pair with Kobe....?

Are you f-ing kidding me?:bang:

I hate Shawn Marion - at this point I would send him to Seattle for Rashard Lewis straight up. Just get him out of here for gods sakes....

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Wait wait wait....So not only is the Matrix responsible for us not getting a top # 5 pick and not getting KG but now his whiny ass complaints and refusal to go to Boston are going to send our most hated rival one of the top 5 players of the last decade to pair with Kobe....?

Are you f-ing kidding me?:bang:

I hate Shawn Marion - at this point I would send him to Seattle for Rashard Lewis straight up. Just get him out of here for gods sakes....

Let's wait to see what happens this week. But yes, if this is indeed what happens, I will hate marion more than robert horry.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

the same Jermaine O'Neal who has only averaged 54 games played per season the last three years, not to mention, they already have a big man stud? I don't think it's a no-brainer. Either JO or Marion on that team makes them an instant contender in the East, you just have a better probability of the team staying healthy with Marion in there.

Last edited:

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Thats about it.

If McHale thinks that the Laker deal is better, he's once again proving that he's a moron.

That's the thing that should worry us the most, kevin mchale is indeed a moron and is capable of doing something incredibly stupid.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who cares, minnesota dictates the deal not boston. Boston is willing to give up the things on their side for either marion OR o'neal, it doesn't matter who they want more.

exactly.

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
Thats about it.

If McHale thinks that the Laker deal is better, he's once again proving that he's a moron.

Well it wouldn't be the first time he did something moronic, so I wouldn't put it past him.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
the same Jermaine O'Neal who has only averaged 54 games played per season, not to mention, they already have a big man stud? I don't think it's a no-brainer. Either JO or Marion on that team makes them an instant contender in the East, you just have a better probability of the team staying healthy with Marion in there.

I forgot that too, marion is a better fit (and ainge knows it), you dont want a lumbering o'neal getting in the way of jefferson in the paint.

DiamondBacks5117

Registered
Reaction score
it doesnt matter the lakers wont get kg anyway. nothing will happen. kobe will be pissed play the first part of the season, then threaten to sit and the situation will get worse and kobe will be gone before the deadline.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score

In multiple team deals, ALL of them dictate the deal. That's why they are hard to pull off.

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
I forgot that too, marion is a better fit (and ainge knows it), you dont want a lumbering o'neal getting in the way of jefferson in the paint.
This is how I feel. Though JO is the better player, is he the best fit? Let's not forget that JO has had injury problems the past couple years, while Marion has been one of the more durable players in the league, while playing tons on minutes.

BUT, who do you think Pierce would rather have. I think he'd want JO over Marion personally. That might play a part in this. Once PP catches wind that JO could be dealt to Boston, it might be "Marion who?"

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score

I actually don't agree with this view point. JO may be injury prone (or more likely playing the "Vince Carter card" his last two years in Toronto) but he is a legit center and immeditely gives the C's the best front court in the East. Combine that with a Paul Pierce in the back court and you have a damn good team right there.

You can never have too many good big man. Which is why all us Suns fans are salivating at the prospect of STAT and KG in the line up.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In multiple team deals, ALL of them dictate the deal. That's why they are hard to pull off.

yeah but the team with the biggest chip on the table is the team which the ENTIRE trade revolves around, that's why Minny dictates the deal. The whole thing is predicated on KG.

I'm not saying it won't happen - it very well could, and I'd be pissed, but I think the only way it happens is if McHale just completely screws the pooch. It just doesn't make sense to take #5 and cap space instead of #5m cap space AND unprotected likely lotto pick. But this is the man who engineered a huge under the table contract for a scrub liek Joe Smith, so who knows.

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
L.A. would have 41 MILLION dollars invested in 2 PLAYERS....

Pretty crazy.... the thing is Garnett is good... but with how much they are giving up, Im not sure How good he can be...

Am I the only one the thinks the L.A. Franchise would be better off Trading Kobe, rather than trading their team and future to make Kobe happy.. Just throwing this out there, but to me a team of:

PG: Duhon/Farmar
SG: Gordon/Vujenic
SF: Deng/Radmonvic
PF: Odom/Noah
C: Bynum/Brown

is better than:

PG: Farmar/Parker
SG: Kobe/Vujenic
SF: Radmonivic/?
PF: Cook/?
C: Garnett/?

Maybe Im off here... But I would rather have Team A if I was a Laker Fan....

Thoughts...

Sundance

Registered
Reaction score
http://www.mnsportsfans.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14695

Jim Gray was just on Espn, and a Wolves fan posted this gist of what was said...

Wolf On The Prowl says: "This sounds like a ton of BS. He is saying Minnesota and the Lakers love the idea Pacers and Cetlics dont. The trade isnt close to being finalized it wont happen today if at all. Its not close at all and this is Laker talk IMO."

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Let's wait to see what happens this week. But yes, if this is indeed what happens, I will hate marion more than robert horry.

I have been preaching this for weeks... the writing has been on the wall... to me he is already firmly entrenched in the Antonio McDyess/Robert Horry Hate Club....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05