KG traded to Celtics...

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
KG was a pipe dream from the beginning, you really think the front office was willing to raise salary and extend KG another five years? Just be thankful McHale helped out his buddy Ainge on the way out and didn't trade him to LA. I wouldn't be surprised if Danny Boy ends up footing the bill on the next McHale-Ainge family vacation.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I'm still unclear why the trade kicker is not applicable?
KG gets $22 million before the trade kicker.

Ratliff 11.6
Telfair 2.6
Green1.4
Jefferson 2.5
Total 18.1

The player can waive part or all of the trade kicker if it's necessary to make the numbers work.

okhoops

Rookie
Reaction score
I can't say that I'm not disappointed that KG won't team with Nash et al this or next year. That said, for Suns fans it's about as good as it gets. First, KG is out of the west (some of you seem to think it's a given that Phoenix is marching to the NBA championship). Going to GS, Dallas, LA or any number of western teams would have created another huge hurdle for the Suns. Second, he goes to an Eastern team with two injury prone all-stars and no bench. It could have been worse out east as well (not Cleveland, NJ, Chicago...). All and all, not the worse thing for Suns fans.

Maybe with Garnett signed, sealed and delivered, Kerr and Co. can concentrate on finding a servicable presence in the front court.

Sunsman44

The Sunsman Defense Team
Reaction score
Danny Ainge has just purchased an Eastern Conference Title:

Perkins / Scalabrine (usc, whoo!)
Garnett / Gomes
Pierce / Powe
R-Allen / T-Allen
Rondo / Pruitt (usc, whoo!)

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Boston

1. Rondo
2. Allen
3. Pierce
4. KG
5. Perkins

Bench: Tony Allen and Scalabrine.

Wow, and I thought our bench was bad.

fordronken

Reaction score
Minnesota looks good(young).

1. Foye
2. Brewer
3. Gomes
4. Jefferson
5. Blount

6. Davis
7. Green
8. Howard
9. McCants
10. Hassel
11. Hudson
12. Jaric
13. Madsen
14. Telfair
15. Griffin
16. Craig Smith?

Minnesota is not done yet. They have a lot of players. Anyone worth looking at?

They've already said that Hudson is going to be bought out, and I think Griffin is already a goner. The only attainable guys on their team that I'd want are Jaric and Davis, but not for the money they get. Unless they get bought out, I wouldn't touch them.

Sunsman44

The Sunsman Defense Team
Reaction score
Minnesota looks good(young).

1. Foye
2. Brewer
3. Gomes
4. Jefferson
5. Blount

6. Davis
7. Green
8. Howard
9. McCants
10. Hassel
11. Hudson
12. Jaric
13. Madsen
14. Telfair
15. Griffin
16. Craig Smith?

Minnesota is not done yet. They have a lot of players. Anyone worth looking at?

Boston is keeping Ryan Gomes.

Brianellsworth

Registered
Reaction score
KG was a pipe dream from the beginning, you really think the front office was willing to raise salary and extend KG another five years? Just be thankful McHale helped out his buddy Ainge on the way out and didn't trade him to LA. I wouldn't be surprised if Danny Boy ends up footing the bill on the next McHale-Ainge family vacation.
I know this is totally off topic but Ainges family is actually on vacation right now but im guessing he is not there due to the trade/time of year. Also i was just in california at 4 seasons and stayed right next to rex chapman and his family. :hijack: (I will post this because if i dont someone else will but i had to post this when i saw the vacation comment.!!)

fordronken

Reaction score
Boston

1. Rondo
2. Allen
3. Pierce
4. KG
5. Perkins

They might consider a Banks for Scalabrine trade. I'm not sure it helps either team all that much, but Scalabrine makes less money than Banks and his contract runs a year shorter. He's also taller than our entire roster, so that could be fun.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
What do you think Boston's window of opportunity is? 2 years? 3, maybe? They are going to be hamstrung when it comes to money for as long as all 3 of those vets are on the team, so they will have major problems trying to get younger players to build with. They look pretty good right now, but once 2 of those guys are retired or gone, they are going to be the worst team in the NBA.

Sunsman44

The Sunsman Defense Team
Reaction score
Boston

1. Rondo
2. Allen
3. Pierce
4. KG
5. Perkins

Not so fast.

Boston still has a pretty darn good bench. Way better than Phoenix. Remember, GOMES is staying.

Perkins - Scalabrine - Big Baby Davis
Garnett - Gomes
Pierce - Powe
Allen - TAllen
Rondo - Pruitt

HooverDam

Reaction score
^How is that bench better than Phoenix's? Diaw and LB are better than any bench player they have. Gomes is nice, Scalabrine is terrible, Davis and Pruitt haven't done anything in the NBA, please. Thats like listing Alando Tucker and DJ Strawberry as guys who will be contributors for the Suns this year.

fordronken

Reaction score
Not so fast.

Boston still has a pretty darn good bench. Way better than Phoenix. Remember, GOMES is staying.

Garnett - Gomes
Pierce - Powe
Allen - TAllen
Rondo - Pruitt

First of all, a lot of media outlets are reporting that Gomes will be included. Also, Powe, Allen, Pruitt, Davis and Scalabrine wouldn't make our rotation. The only guys on the Celtics who would make our rotation are Garnett, Allen, Pierce and maybe Perkins.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What do you think Boston's window of opportunity is? 2 years? 3, maybe? They are going to be hamstrung when it comes to money for as long as all 3 of those vets are on the team, so they will have major problems trying to get younger players to build with. They look pretty good right now, but once 2 of those guys are retired or gone, they are going to be the worst team in the NBA.

as opposed to last season when they were one of the worst teams in the NBA and the years previous to that when they had no window at all? I think those fans have been suffering enough that they're ready for a three year run after the last two decades of complete suckitude.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not so fast.

Garnett - Gomes
Pierce - Powe
Allen - TAllen
Rondo - Pruitt

What? You are counting Pruitt and Davis who are rookies? Second round picks to boot. Powe and Scalabrine suck. Look at their stats. I'll give you Gomes if he stays, T. Allen, and maybe Scalabrine.

I'll take Barbs and Diaw plus our mix of rookies over Boston's crap bench.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
as opposed to last season when they were one of the worst teams in the NBA and the years previous to that when they had no window at all? I think those fans have been suffering enough that they're ready for a three year run after the last two decades of complete suckitude.

But that wasn't my question.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well sucks we didnt get him but atlest no other team in the west got him eaither gl to Garnett in boston. Does anyone if Garnett will still be a fa after next year?

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well sucks we didnt get him but atlest no other team in the west got him eaither gl to Garnett in boston. Does anyone if Garnett will still be a fa after next year?

I imagine that an extension was part of this deal, or at least a promise not to opt out.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
actually it was - I said they were probably looking forward to a three year run.

I didn't ask if they were looking forward to a 3-year run. Of course the fans are looking forward to a run with KG on their team, however long that is. I asked how long that run would last and then hoped to get some speculation about how they would handle that run ending.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow...ok. I'm putting them as title favorites right now.

They will steamroll the east....and be fresh in the Finals against whatever team gets beat up en route.

Wow...huge.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05