Kyler Murray Appreciation Thread

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Can't wait till we blow out the Red/Manders. I know that for every loss you will be right back here though.

8-10 game wins is where I had us pegged at the beginning of the seaon. So far we are right on schedule for that.
1 out of 3 in a 17 game schedule don't get you any where near 8 to 10 wins. Unless you're already counting this week as a win, but Cincinnati probably was too

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
The schism with PAcardsfan is due to the fact that he can't handle people criticizing the org's new approach with Monti/JG. Like, at all. And I tend to argue with those kinds of sentiments. My thought is that it stems from a feeling that people are peeing in his hopium :D
He called you old AF..... LMHAO!!!

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Although I don't have the video available, there were some other plays where Murray floated the ball out there and the receiver could have been clobbered if the ball was on target.

This type of argument is dumb. WRs get clobbered every game on every team. It's inherent to the game. You can't have QBs making throws based on worrying about the kind of hit his receiver will take.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This type of argument is dumb. WRs get clobbered every game on every team. It's inherent to the game. You can't have QBs making throws based on worrying about the kind of hit his receiver will take.

It's kind of like throwing late over the middle or lobbing the ball up for grabs with the receiver running downfield. The defensive back gets a clean shot at the receiver or possibly an interception.

These are dangerous throws, no matter how one looks at it.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's kind of like throwing late over the middle or lobbing the ball up for grabs with the receiver running downfield. The defensive back gets a clean shot at the receiver or possibly an interception.

These are dangerous throws, no matter how one looks at it.
It's a dangerous game. If I had a son I wouldn't want him to play it.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't really blame Kyler for the loss on Sunday. We shouldn't turn this thread into a rollercoaster of "Kyler is great!" one week and "Kyler sucks!" the next.

He played ok, we could have won the game and probably would have if a few things broke our way.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Two things in the video besides Kyler.

1, Reiman stones Hutchinson. He's a great blocker. But Barton got a lot of help. Here they pull Brown to take Hutch when Reiman passes him off.

2, I mentioned this against the Bills and how our Edge players didn't try to rush around the Edge to contain Allen. You can see the same thing here in how they defend Kyler and it's why he was only sacked once despite being on 4th and 5th string tackles. They are rushing with power and trying to keep everyone in their gaps, and filling any lanes to stop Kyler rushing.

This might be the blueprint for stopping him. Don't sell out on the rush to keep him contained and play man on the WR's cut down on the quick throws. Especially as it seems that Marv doesn't seem to possess elite speed as a down field threat.

602 Native

Veteran
Reaction score
Most of us have been watching the game long before you were born, most likely.
1 out of 3 in a 17 game schedule don't get you any where near 8 to 10 wins. Unless you're already counting this week as a win, but Cincinnati probably was too

Boomer take “we are so much older than you and know more”

Please tell me how old I am boomer.

The schedule sets up nicely for us late. Nothing to do with 1-2 record so far. Pundits were saying we could lose all 5 openers. That won’t be happening based on our play.

602 Native

Veteran
Reaction score
I don't really blame Kyler for the loss on Sunday. We shouldn't turn this thread into a rollercoaster of "Kyler is great!" one week and "Kyler sucks!" the next.

He played ok, we could have won the game and probably would have if a few things broke our way.

Preach

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
I find it funny that @Stout actually started this thread and gives KM props when it's warranted but the "always Kyler" crowd never every criticizes KM for anything and if they do they have to quantiify it with other reasons to take the blame off him..lol and this is coming from a guy who actually likes Kyler but I will call out any of our players because I want the TEAM to win , we've had many players come and go and no SB won yet, that's what I care about, get us the the game whoever you are ....ok back to my coffee lol

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I find it funny that @Stout actually started this thread and gives KM props when it's warranted but the "always Kyler" crowd never every criticizes KM for anything and if they do they have to quantiify it with other reasons to take the blame off him..lol and this is coming from a guy who actually likes Kyler but I will call out any of our players because I want the TEAM to win , we've had many players come and go and no SB won yet, that's what I care about, get us the the game whoever you are ....ok back to my coffee lol

Same!

I may be K1's biggest fan on the board, but I was Cardinals fan before he was even born, and I'll still be a Cardinals fan when he's retired and making his acceptance speech in Canton!

It's okay that he's not perfect. It's okay that there are things that as a professional he can do better, and at which he can become better. That applies to all humans. lol..

Last edited:
OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Same!

I may be K1's biggest fan on the board, but I was Cardinals fan before he was even born, and I'll still be a Cardinals fan when he's retired and making his acceptance speech in Canton!

It's okay that he's not perfect. It's okay that there are things that as a professional he can do better, and at which he can become better. That applies to all humans. lol..
Stop being so damned sensible :)

Folks try to get on my case as a "Kyler hater," but that's wide of the mark. I have him tons of props when he played well in the past, and will continue to do so when he plays well moving forward. It's only fair. And, yes, I'm hard on him when I see him playing poorly or not so good. That's how fans react to their QBs. Now if I was a Chiefs fan and Mahommey had a stinker, I'd probably give him a pass lol If Kyler had won significant games, I'd probably do the same for him.

602 Native

Veteran
Reaction score
Stop being so damned sensible :)

Folks try to get on my case as a "Kyler hater," but that's wide of the mark. I have him tons of props when he played well in the past, and will continue to do so when he plays well moving forward. It's only fair. And, yes, I'm hard on him when I see him playing poorly or not so good. That's how fans react to their QBs. Now if I was a Chiefs fan and Mahommey had a stinker, I'd probably give him a pass lol If Kyler had won significant games, I'd probably do the same for him.
This is 100% wrong.

The problem lies in not a single thread on how poorly coached this team is.

Or how MO has been really missing on bringing in talent in the draft and FA especially on defense.

It’s all K1s fault all the time. You made this thread to eat your well deserved crow after the first game which again K1 didnt play bad. He had a perfect game against a well coached team that we hadn’t beat in almost a decade.

Even in this thread you have people saying that K1 got McBride hurt which is absurd. But they have to say it because the short riffs and under center talk is a joke now.

What is really funny is without K1 on this team there would be no talk about this team. He is actually a player of relevance because he has and can elevate the team.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
This is 100% wrong.

The problem lies in not a single thread on how poorly coached this team is.

Or how MO has been really missing on bringing in talent in the draft and FA especially on defense.

It’s all K1s fault all the time. You made this thread to eat your well deserved crow after the first game which again K1 didnt play bad. He had a perfect game against a well coached team that we hadn’t beat in almost a decade.

Even in this thread you have people saying that K1 got McBride hurt which is absurd. But they have to say it because the short riffs and under center talk is a joke now.

What is really funny is without K1 on this team there would be no talk about this team. He is actually a player of relevance because he has and can elevate the team.
What message board are you reading?