Kyler Murray Appreciation Thread

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Are we going to do Kyler is great again now?

It was an average game TBH outside his TD run and the 4th and 5 "MHJ down there somewhere" throw.

As a passer it was a below average game.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Are we going to do Kyler is great again now?

It was an average game TBH outside his TD run and the 4th and 5 "MHJ down there somewhere" throw.

As a passer it was a below average game.

Blah blah blah.

280 yards from scrimmage and two TDs yesterday against a salty defense.

Top 10 QB in league by almost any metric you want to choose.

Kit in the HOF.

All while breaking in rookie WR1 and fairly new WR2.

Yeah, he pretty great.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Conner
Reaction score
Blah blah blah.

280 yards from scrimmage and two TDs yesterday against a salty defense.

Top 10 QB in league by almost any metric you want to choose.

Kit in the HOF.

All while breaking in rookie WR1 and fairly new WR2.

Yeah, he pretty great.
He can be. It's maddening how inconsistent he is.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
He can be. It's maddening how inconsistent he is.

Just between you and me Krang, since you're my boy, I'll admit he's a little streaky. Don't tell anybody I said that though!

It could be that, even at 26 or 27, he's still learning how to manage the emotions of the game. I think that's possible. He may need to get a little more cold-blooded.

But I think he will work to fix it. Kid wants to win pretty bad.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
But K1 can’t captain the team to a comeback.

It just continues to get worse for the QB experts on the board. Maybe we can bring back Dobbs next season as a stop gap while we look for a new QB.

He's showing signs of being a little more clutch.

Last year's PHI game was another good comeback against a determined foe. One where he made a bad mistake (the 100 yard pick six) but came back from it.

As much as I believe in Murray, and as much as I hate to admit it, the "overcome adversity" is a little bit of a thing for him. But he's working on it. It's starting to turn.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Murray played well enough to win. That's all we ask for. When he plays terrible, like last week, he'll get called out. When he plays great, like against the Rams, he'll get accolades.

Murray could have had a great game today, but he missed some throws and McBride dropped a potential TD. But every QB misses some throws, see Aaron Rodgers.

The offense should continue to get better and Murray will have to be a big part of it. I still think his biggest problem is when teams keep him in the pocket. When he can get out and use his legs, that opens up the offense.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Murray played well enough to win. That's all we ask for. When he plays terrible, like last week, he'll get called out. When he plays great, like against the Rams, he'll get accolades.

Murray could have had a great game today, but he missed some throws and McBride dropped a potential TD. But every QB misses some throws, see Aaron Rodgers.

The offense should continue to get better and Murray will have to be a big part of it. I still think his biggest problem is when teams keep him in the pocket. When he can get out and use his legs, that opens up the offense.
Crazy Petz doesn’t do consistent designs to get him out of the pocket??? Still absolutely clueless why we aren’t playing to the guys biggest strength

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

In a game we were down from Q1 to 2 minutes to go he had 195 passing yards. That's just not normal.

The whole offense is game managed at the moment and built on the back of JC, then Kyler pops up for a few flash plays and you guys are like "Lordy. Lordy. Jesus has arisen".

If you want to see what a great game from a QB looks like go watch Lamar yesterday, or even Burrow. Kyler's was a very average outing.

We're 5 games in and he doesn't have 1000 yards passing. 7 QB's passed 1000 before week 5.

602 Native

All Star
Reaction score
This thread makes wins even sweeter.

All the appreciation for how great K1 is for the Cards.

Come back win on the road against a division rival and there are still people that can’t stand K1.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In a game we were down from Q1 to 2 minutes to go he had 195 passing yards. That's just not normal.

The whole offense is game managed at the moment and built on the back of JC, then Kyler pops up for a few flash plays and you guys are like "Lordy. Lordy. Jesus has arisen".

If you want to see what a great game from a QB looks like go watch Lamar yesterday, or even Burrow. Kyler's was a very average outing.

We're 5 games in and he doesn't have 1000 yards passing. 7 QB's passed 1000 before week 5.

I get that but again there was a reason we were able to run so well in the 2nd half.

They had a defender basically shadowing Kyler so they had 1 less defender it's why we were going more under Center I assume. I noticed several times where we ran against 8 in the box and made it work but that's why, because 1 of those 8 was reacting to Kyler in case he kept the ball.

There's not a coach in the league who wouldn't keep running the ball if it's working, we had enough time we didn't have to panic and throw the ball.

I just hope we have Prater back, that kicker is scary if you watch the replay of the game winner even that kick was low but we double teamed their big guy inside so he couldn't get it. Lenoir came around the offensive left side and nearly blocked it too. Much more confident Prater.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake