OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's 30 -40-1 is not a winning record. I want to win a Superbowl before I die. I don't see him getting it done

What QB do you think is winning a superbowl with this roster? This isn't a snarky question at all.

You can maybe convince me of a playoff win with Lamar but outside of that this team has a tragically flawed roster.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I just don't see K1 ever being a winning QB in the NFL. I mean some folks point out ownership and such. Well Kurt Warner overcame the human snail and the same ownership group. BA and Carson Palmer overcame a drunk GM and the same ownership group.

After 6 years he is what is, a fairly good fantasy QB just not a QB who can win games. Mostly due to garbage time stats. I would be glad to be proven wrong but I just don't see it.
You said this like we won championships with Kurt & Carson.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
“Carson Palmer overcame a drunk GM and the same ownership group.”

Overcame what exactly?

And I like Carson more than most here.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He's 30 -40-1 is not a winning record. I want to win a Superbowl before I die. I don't see him getting it done
What young QB is out here winning Superbowls outside of one of the greatest QBs to ever play the game in Patrick Mahomes?

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Kyler will likely enter tomorrow top 5 in QBR.

Gotta start resulting in wins though.
Defenses have thoroughly dominated offenses around the league this entire year. Kyler can put up a top 5 QBR for the week and we will still get destroyed if the defense isn't getting sacks.

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LMAO I am watching 12 news and they FINALLY called out Ossenfort for taking a blocking TE in the top 90 when they have no pass rush.

602 Native

All Star
Reaction score
Cardinal fans are tragically inept in recognizing the caliber of their own team.

They act as if this franchise has a storied history of success and accomplishments. We are a bottom feeder club that has had a few great players. K1 is a great player surrounded by trash.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cardinal fans are tragically inept in recognizing the caliber of their own team.

They act as if this franchise has a storied history of success and accomplishments. We are a bottom feeder club that has had a few great players. K1 is a great player surrounded by trash.

What has Kyler ever done in the league that makes you think he's great? Outside a hot streak of 6 games in 2021.

What traits / stats / record can you point to that show greatness?

Kyler's greatest achievement seems to be convincing a fringe of die hard Kyler fans that he's somehow great, despite zero evidence of it. That his greatness is being concealed by roster, ownership, coaching, play calling, the GM, it change from week to week and year to year so it's hard to keep up.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He won games made them exciting to watch. Made us competitive. Made it so we had a chance to beat anyone, anywhere, at anytime
Carson made us competitive for a year. Why are you saying this like Carson made us constant playoff contenders for every single year he was here?

The polarization around Kyler has people doing some CRAZY revisionist history when it comes to Palmer’s tenure here. Even equating his time here to Warner’s time here has people going off the deep end.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Carson made us competitive for a year. Why are you saying this like Carson made us constant playoff contenders for every single year he was here?

The polarization around Kyler has people doing some CRAZY revisionist history when it comes to Palmer’s tenure here. Even equating his time here to Warner’s time here has people going off the deep end.

Palmer was 10-6, 6-0 before injury, 13-3 in his first 3 years before 6-8-1 and 3-4 in his final 2.

That 3 year spell from 2012 to 2015 was the best 3 year spell in 100+ years of Cardinals history. The only revisionism here is trying to compare that to 7 good games from Kyler in 2021.

I, and practically everyone here, would swap Kyler for 2012 to 2015 Palmer in a heartbeat.

602 Native

All Star
Reaction score
What has Kyler ever done in the league that makes you think he's great? Outside a hot streak of 6 games in 2021.

What traits / stats / record can you point to that show greatness?

Kyler's greatest achievement seems to be convincing a fringe of die hard Kyler fans that he's somehow great, despite zero evidence of it. That his greatness is being concealed by roster, ownership, coaching, play calling, the GM, it change from week to week and year to year so it's hard to keep up.

K1 has been ROY and a multi year pro bowler. Has the respect of players around the league for being a great QB. Took the Cards to the playoffs with a middling roster and makes us relevant week in and out. Without K1 no one would be talking about the Cards at all. No one would be thinking we can win games especially with this trash roster and coaching staff.

This idea of getting rid of your best player to get better is what leads to travesties like Derek Anderson and John Skelton at QB. This franchise since moving to AZ has been nothing but a train wreck but for a handful of good years and it will take more than K1 to lift it out of junk status. Make the roster good before pointing to the single bright light on the team right now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22