Kyler Murray Debate Thread

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He had 3 batted passes before the half and about 70 yards passing. Must be a new definition of bad I missed.
8/14 for 76 and 8 yards rushing. The rest of the offense had 27 total yards. I should have said “he wasn’t the problem” instead of not bad. The offense all together was bad

urs

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The reason he gets so many batted passes has nothing to do with his height (as Warner has explained before) it's that his line is pushed so far back into the pocket that they are all right there. He also needs to find throwing lanes better and learn how to put touch on screen passes over defenders

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The reason he gets so many batted passes has nothing to do with his height (as Warner has explained before) it's that his line is pushed so far back into the pocket that they are all right there. He also needs to find throwing lanes better and learn how to put touch on screen passes over defenders
I agree with most of this, except SOMETIMES it is his height. Not a lot, but it does come into play occasionally. Just sayin'.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I just dislike it takes a 26/36 307yards, 2 TD performance just to win by 1 point. C’mon Monti
Good to see he's still capable of it though.

What do you think we need to add specifically?

I know next season we need to add a downfield speed threat on offense. Even if he's just a #3. Threat of Waddle/Hill makes life a lot easier for Tua.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Good to see he's still capable of it though.

What do you think we need to add specifically?

I know next season we need to add a downfield speed threat on offense. Even if he's just a #3. Threat of Waddle/Hill makes life a lot easier for Tua.
We need at least 2 game-changers on the front 4

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was the most "Kyler with reckless abandoned" since his great run in 2021. Throwing balls up for MHJ, running towards thr crowd, staying in the pocket longer on long downs. He made two game saving throws on that final drive.

All of it.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Just finished the game. Really good day from Murray. Receivers caught the ball today. Protection was good enough. Nice resilience. 2nd GW drive by Kyler in two weeks. Tough game with the defense being what it was, but the offense stepped up. Most encouraging sign of the year so far.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with most of this, except SOMETIMES it is his height. Not a lot, but it does come into play occasionally. Just sayin'.
I think it was more early in his career and he's learned from it. Every season his batted stats have improved. I haven't checked this year yet though.

Edit! This doesn't count today yet.

He played 11 games in 22, 8 games last year abd this year shows 7 games.

You must be registered for see images attach

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
A part of his game that appears to be improving, and something that even I have been critical of for Murray previously.

He seems to be getting a little more clutch.

Now obviously he still hasn't won an NFL playoff game, or even a late season playoff clinching game.

But the kid was icy, icy cool again today in an unimaginably pressure packed game winning drive. With the season essentially on the line.

This version of Murray is a little tougher, a little more poised than previous versions. He's grown up some since the knee.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He had a good game today, but the reason this thread exists is because this below is a pretty common stat and it's been 5 years.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

GeorgiaCard88

Veteran
Reaction score
A part of his game that appears to be improving, and something that even I have been critical of for Murray previously.

He seems to be getting a little more clutch.

Now obviously he still hasn't won an NFL playoff game, or even a late season playoff clinching game.

But the kid was icy, icy cool again today in an unimaginably pressure packed game winning drive. With the season essentially on the line.

This version of Murray is a little tougher, a little more poised than previous versions. He's grown up some since the knee.
I could rag on him for the first half but you hit it crimson- when the game was on the line and he had a chance to put it away- he was awesome and hella CLUTCH.

We won today, and it was because of Murray. As stoked as I am, to make me a Murray convert though- I want to see consistency.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan