Kyler Murray Debate Thread

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the single most encouraging thing about yesterday: Kyler threw with timing, anticipation and accuracy

so many key throws, some on the run --

but: 2-15 on their 32 on the final drive to win it.

Kyler hits Marv on a deep in for 18 yds and a 1st down: over the LB, between the 2 safeties. It couldnt be a laser due to the underneath LB, but also needed pace to fit into a tight window. Its a throw the QB just has to trust that the WR is going to be there.

Its the kinda route and completion we just havent seen much of until yesterday-- and one where if teams are going to play shell, its one they have to hit regularly
This is one big thing we have been complaining about. Kudos this week and let’s hope it continues!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Good to see he's still capable of it though.

What do you think we need to add specifically?

I know next season we need to add a downfield speed threat on offense. Even if he's just a #3. Threat of Waddle/Hill makes life a lot easier for Tua.
Don’t want to put words in dvontel’s post, but I think he means defense. And I agree.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
He had a good game today, but the reason this thread exists is because this below is a pretty common stat and it's been 5 years.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
That’s pretty crazy. 300, 2TD, 0int is a really good game, but it’s not as difficult to attain as this appears. It’s like searching for a unicorn.

That said, focusing solely on passing stats is a journey of futility with kyler (and dual threat QBs in general). It doesn’t tell the full story. For instance, if he threw for 220, TD, 0int and ran for 35-60 yards and a TD that’s just as good imo. It may not exactly equate in terms of total yards but we’ve all seen what kyler rushing for 35 yards can mean in opening up the run game for others.

Ronin

Wut?
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Bo Brack

@BoBrack
·
3m

Kyler Murray 4th quarter stats the last four weeks: 24/32 (75%) for 253 yards with a TD and a 107 passer rating.The Arizona Cardinals are 3-1 during this stretch with three comebacks in the final frame. The Cards franchise QB has been money in crunch time.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The little general! Somehow standing tall in the pocket at 5' 10"!

Also, you've permanently lost your seat on the bandwagon Britcard, so don't come crawling back after another great game by Murray!

Be a man and stand by all your wretched takes on K1!

As you are so wont to point out, this year six for Murray. He's not some rookie that figured things out between week one and week eight!

This is the QB that emerged from rehab 18 months ago! He's just been waiting for his teammates and OC to help him out a little!
This is a terrible post.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
EZ angle is even better. Keeps his feet moving. Takes his time. Watches the safety bite on Wilson and drops it in a bucket.

Undersold Kyler there. He moves the safety with his eyes.

That's the proper QB play I've been waiting for.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't love going overboard with the praise when he does well (recalling the inconsistency), but man, this was a great segment! And, credit to Kyler, I think he is putting in the work now that he didn't necessarily do in the past.
Stout, I thought of you on that 3rd down run. Your QB was PHYSICAL! No sliding down avoiding contact like in the eagles game we lost in AZ. #1 was fantastic yesterday.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Elite ball placement

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan