Lakers vs Celtics -2008 NBA Finals

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
wow! looks like Odom is the Marion of a Boston/LA series for Lakers, definetly cant handle a physical matchup with the celtic bigs, just like how our Shawn dissapears in a Suns/Spurs series.
Not to mention both Marion and Odom's complete lack of intelligence.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Liked the outcome. I'm no Laker fan but thugball always disgusts me, whether played by SA, Detroit or Boston. Well done, LA.

Hope thugball loses but thugball still gets favored referee treatment, even in LA. This has the heavy hand of David Stern all over it.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Liked the outcome. I'm no Laker fan but thugball always disgusts me, whether played by SA, Detroit or Boston. Well done, LA.

Hope thugball loses but thugball still gets favored referee treatment, even in LA. This has the heavy hand of David Stern all over it.

While I dont agree with your assessment on "thug ball" I do think that the outcome, whatever it may be, is whatever David Stern wants it to be. My guess is that this baby is probably going seven, six at the least if the Celtics happen to steal one from the Lakers/Refs.

IMO, SA is the only team that plays a thuggish style of basketball and gets away with it

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
He outplayed him in BOTH games because he hit big shots and WON those games and Kobe while playing well has lost both. You can call the 2nd a draw if you like but I would disagree as The Miracle hit some big shots and big FT's to seal the game!

So who would you say won tonight's matchup?

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm kind of shocked at the absence of green in the last few posts. Come on Gee. Where's your mettle?

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score
I'm kind of shocked at the absence of green in the last few posts. Come on Gee. Where's your mettle?
Lakers...err...Kobe & Shasha...played great last night. Have to say that was one of Kobe's best games in the play-offs...even I was impressed. :(

justAndy

Jolly Nihilist
Reaction score
Props to Doc Rivers for refusing to gripe about the officiating - as opposed to Philip.
Lakers were more aggro, Kobe took it to the paint, Pierce and Garnett had no long range - look for those 2 to bounce back.
Celtics were right there with a chance late, but the Lakers' role players performed in the clutch - credit to those greasy Euros.
I'm no Celltic fan, but i don't want to see the legion of tools come out of their collective closet, hittting the streets of PHX in their Laker gear which has been hidden away for the last 3 years.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think its funny it took practically the whole celtics team having an off nite just to get the lakers to squeek out a win.. good stuff.. lol.. Although I had hoped the celtics would sweep the lakers, that just wasnt a realistic thing that would happen..

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lakers...err...Kobe & Shasha...played great last night. Have to say that was one of Kobe's best games in the play-offs...even I was impressed. :(

Lakers not named Kobe or Sasha shot 28% last night. Ugh. And it isn't like they didn't have good looks. They are simply gripping. Shockingly, this includes Fish who is not dialed in like he should be. He's bricking everything.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good win for the Lakers. They have to win the next game IMO. Then it would be tied 2-2. That would be huge from a mental perspective.

If the Celts go up 3-1...then it's over.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good win for the Lakers. They have to win the next game IMO. Then it would be tied 2-2. That would be huge from a mental perspective.

If the Celts go up 3-1...then it's over.

Agreed. Game 4 is going to be yooooge.

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm no Celltic fan, but i don't want to see the legion of tools come out of their collective closet, hittting the streets of PHX in their Laker gear which has been hidden away for the last 3 years.

I am with you on that, Guys i have never seen worn jerseys turn up at the gym in lakers gear... Every day.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Renz clearly Kobe won last nights matchup, and with him going off they still barely squeaked out a win at home. The Lakers should still be worried because the C's played terrible and still almost won. The Lakers had better get their asses on the ball or this will be a short series.

Trophytown

Registered
Reaction score
Renz clearly Kobe won last nights matchup, and with him going off they still barely squeaked out a win at home. The Lakers should still be worried because the C's played terrible and still almost won. The Lakers had better get their asses on the ball or this will be a short series.

Same thing can be said about Boston's last win. It could be said that Boston is so fortunate that Lamar Odom hasnt gotten off the plane for either of these series games.

Ill say this........if the Lakers win game 4 momentum will have shifted significantly, and with 3 players nursing nagging leg/ankle injuries and the other supporting cast long in the tooth, at some point fatigue will set in on Boston. Theyve already played two 7-game series and they currently have 5 extra games of wear on their bodies. Every-other-day format helps the Lakers as the series continues IMO.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score

I agree. Odom and Gasol have to start bringing it starting tomorrow or the Lakers have little chance of winning the series.

Game 3 was fool's gold to some degree if L.A. doesn't pick up their game.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
i can't read this entire thread, but i have one comment:

this finals sucks. not because of the teams, but despite them. what i mean is this: if it weren't for the purple on one team's back and the green on the other's and we were basing our opinion purely on the play and competitiveness of the games this is putrid basketball. call it defense, but all i've seen is a ton of outside shots from the celts (okay, make that "misses") and the softness of everyone on the lakers not named kobe (and vujacic for a game). it's ugly and it's not compelling. the "stars" have mostly sucked ass too, so it's not even compelling that regard. for all the hype, this finals is not stacking up as anything more than an opportunity for a nostalgia-fest.

thoughts?

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score

this finals sucks. not because of the teams, but despite them. what i mean is this: if it weren't for the purple on one team's back and the green on the other's and we were basing our opinion purely on the play and competitiveness of the games this is putrid basketball. call it defense, but all i've seen is a ton of outside shots from the celts (okay, make that "misses") and the softness of everyone on the lakers not named kobe (and vujacic for a game). it's ugly and it's not compelling. the "stars" have mostly sucked ass too, so it's not even compelling that regard. for all the hype, this finals is not stacking up as anything more than an opportunity for a nostalgia-fest.

thoughts?

Not a bad comment. It has been brutally ugly. Odom has been a ghost the entire time. The last game KG, Pierce, Odom and Pau were non-factors. That's 4 of the top 6 players in the series!

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Completely pathetic Celtics. Lakers 35-14 after 1 quarter.

That 21 point Laker lead is the largest ever for an Nba finals game after the 1st quarter.

Celtics shooting 27% with 1/6 3 pointers, Lakers shooting 65% with 3/5 3 pointers. :rolleyes:

Odom 13 pts on 6/6 field goals.

Celtics 1/2 free throws, Lakers 10/15.

Last edited:
OP
OP
passenger

passenger

Let's get Nashty
Reaction score

thoughts?

I don't know what's missing but it doesn't feel like NBA finals to me.we have kobe,allen,garnett,we have 2 greatest nba teams but i don't see anything exciting.NOH-Spurs series were more fun,heck even hawks-celtics were more fun to watch.

OP
OP
passenger

passenger

Let's get Nashty
Reaction score
I don't know what's missing but it doesn't feel like NBA finals to me.we have kobe,allen,garnett,we have 2 greatest nba teams but i don't see anything exciting.NOH-Spurs series were more fun,heck even hawks-celtics were more fun to watch.

did i say that,well,23-3 celtics run was exciting:)

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oh wow...Celtics within 2 after being down by 24 at one point in the 2nd quarter. Lakers 73-71 after 3 quarters.

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh wow...Celtics within 2 after being down by 24 at one point in the 2nd quarter. Lakers 73-71 after 3 quarters.

The lakers are just about to throw away their chance, watch Kobe go into ME mode, if the celtics are smart they should let him and play a tough one-on-one defense with him. There is no way he can beat the C's by himself.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05