Lakers vs Celtics -2008 NBA Finals

cobbler

Registered
Reaction score
I don't see Celtics' Fans here, they are minding their own business, like you should yours.

Last but not least before I go. Could you please answer me why the Celtics' fans would want to come here in the first place? I know I am a child with a low IQ, but I know there is no rivalry between the Celts and Suns like there has been with the Lakers and Suns. And the Suns are most certainly not playing the Celts in the finals. The Laker boards are certainly seeing Celtics' fans posting. But then again, the Lakers ARE playing them in the finals. Nevermind, I answered my own question. :D

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Last but not least before I go. Could you please answer me why the Celtics' fans would want to come here in the first place? I know I am a child with a low IQ, but I know there is no rivalry between the Celts and Suns like there has been with the Lakers and Suns. And the Suns are most certainly not playing the Celts in the finals. The Laker boards are certainly seeing Celtics' fans posting. But then again, the Lakers ARE playing them in the finals. Nevermind, I answered my own question. :D

Wow you are hilarious. Maybe you should go to the Celtics' board and post there and defend your team. Hell, go to the Grizzlies' board and thank them for the gift they gave your team this season. To me, it makes more sense than to troll around the Suns' board, a team that has nothing to do with you at this point in time.

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score
THERE...IS...NO....RIVALRY!
Different decade and different players. A rivalry is based on current battles within teams and their hatred for one another ( kobe's statement when asked about SAC...he said there was none).
You can't say there is a rivalry when even Magic said there isn't ( he said this today in an interview in LA local TV). Plus, how can they hate other when Kobe lobbied garnett to join the Lakers. It is you guys that can't put the past behind you....geesh!:shrug:

cobbler

Registered
Reaction score
Different decade and different players. A rivalry is based on current battles within teams and their hatred for one another ( kobe's statement when asked about SAC...he said there was none).
You can't say there is a rivalry when even Magic said there isn't ( he said this today in an interview in LA local TV). Plus, how can they hate other when Kobe lobbied garnett to join the Lakers. It is you guys that can't put the past behind you....geesh!:shrug:

So all the talk about the rivalry renewed is a bunch of BS? So the Magic Lakers of the 80's didn't feel there was a rivalry with the Celts because of the history in the 60's? So when the Lakers beat the Celts on their floor and Kareem states that the monkeys are now off the Lakers backs he has no foundation to do so?

It's the most storied rivalry in sports. It is between FRANCHISES not players! It started in the 60's and now that the Celts and Lakers are powerhouses again, the rivalry comes to the surface. Do you not listen to the promos?

So there is no rivalry this year between Ohio St. and Michigan? UCLA and Notre Dame? This years players are not the same as last years so I guess there can't be.

There is no rivalry between the Kings and Lakers anymore because the Kings are not relevant. Simple as that.

You might want to pass your little words of wisdom to the people at ESPN as well. Todays NBA page header.

Rivalry Renewed

You must be registered for see images attach

Noah Graham/NBAE via Getty Images
KG and Kobe will attempt to add their stories to this historic rivalry.

Last edited:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Uhm, yes there is. Stop talking about things you have no clue about, Clipperfan.

There is a long standing rivalry. I don't care what Magic said...he's my favorite player of all time, but he's not a very good speaker and says some of the dumbest things I've ever heard. The rivalry came before him, and it's still there. It's one of the best rivalries in all of sports.

Ask Jerry West if there's a rivalry.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
Uhm, yes there is. Stop talking about things you have no clue about, Clipperfan.

There is a long standing rivalry. I don't care what Magic said...he's my favorite player of all time, but he's not a very good speaker and says some of the dumbest things I've ever heard. The rivalry came before him, and it's still there. It's one of the best rivalries in all of sports.

or Bird for that matter. the celtics and their fans certainly have not forgotten about the lakers, and the lakers and their fans have not forgotten about boston taking 8 rings from them. trust me

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Apparently people here don't remember the legends. They take a dump and a championship ring appears

You must be registered for see images

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score

You have got to be kidding right? Magic played in those years and he is part owner of the Lakers and I will take his word over your dubious notions any day of the year. LMFAO!!!!!!!
Stop with this hilarious stuff you keep writing, I probably know more about the Lakers than you will ever know. I went to my first Laker game in 1979 when Magic was Rookie...I still have the Program. I went to 2 of 3 the parades in 80's. I was there! In fact, I will say that I was a true follower of that team during the show time era. Just because I like the Clippers more doesn't mean I don't know what I am talking about...GET REAL!
It's a shame that you have to resort to implying I don't know crap about the Lakers cause i like the "other" team. You sound like a child when you try to rationalize it.

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score
So all the talk about the rivalry renewed is a bunch of BS? So the Magic Lakers of the 80's didn't feel there was a rivalry with the Celts because of the history in the 60's? So when the Lakers beat the Celts on their floor and Kareem states that the monkeys are now off the Lakers backs he has no foundation to do so?
I think he meant that they finally beat them on their floor in the second series...they lost the year prior.

It's the most storied rivalry in sports. It is between FRANCHISES not players! It started in the 60's and now that the Celts and Lakers are powerhouses again, the rivalry comes to the surface. Do you not listen to the promos?
You know what a promo is for? To hype up the show!!!!!! It's hype to get ratings.

There is no rivalry between the Kings and Lakers anymore because the Kings are not relevant. Simple as that.

And when was the last time the Celts & Lakers were relevant? The 80's!!!!!!!!

You might want to pass your little words of wisdom to the people at ESPN as well. Todays NBA page header.
That is hype. It's not the same as a rivalry.

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score
or Bird for that matter. the celtics and their fans certainly have not forgotten about the lakers, and the lakers and their fans have not forgotten about boston taking 8 rings from them. trust me
Thank you, it is a fan rivalry.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You have got to be kidding right? Magic played in those years and he is part owner of the Lakers and I will take his word over your dubious notions any day of the year. LMFAO!!!!!!!
Stop with this hilarious stuff you keep writing, I probably know more about the Lakers than you will ever know. I went to my first Laker game in 1979 when Magic was Rookie...I still have the Program. I went to 2 of 3 the parades in 80's. I was there! In fact, I will say that I was a true follower of that team during the show time era. Just because I like the Clippers more doesn't mean I don't know what I am talking about...GET REAL!
It's a shame that you have to resort to implying I don't know crap about the Lakers cause i like the "other" team. You sound like a child when you try to rationalize it.

You said there is no rivalry.

You are wrong. Why the hell should I care about your "credentials" when you are just flat out wrong??

LMFAO indeed.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Infighting? On the verge of another championship? For shame

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Who is infighting? Joe is a clipperfan and doesn't like the Lakers.

I didn't realize the Clippers had fans outside of Billy "I just wanted to be different" Crystal. He's a Hillary fan so I get it, carry on

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't realize the Clippers had fans outside of Billy "I just wanted to be different" Crystal. He's a Hillary fan so I get it, carry on

They have that little malcom in the middle dbag too.

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score
Who is infighting? Joe is a clipperfan and doesn't like the Lakers.
For the 100th time, I like the Lakers but hate Kobe!!!!!!
But lets not bring in facts into this discussion cause your doing so well.

cobbler

Registered
Reaction score

Ohhhhhhhhhh so the whole world knows or the most storied rivalry in sports and because Magic says its not so.... you blindly follow. :bang:

I guess since the first game I attended was 1965 I trump you. I really don't know what that proves but so be it. The rivalry is NOT determined due to the players involved, it's the teams. How can you have a USC vs Notre Dame rivalry? Or are you implying there isn't one? What about all the others? Come on, you are sounding like a fool to deny it.

Abdul-Jabbar was asked to relive the moment when he dropped his normally stoic demeanor after hitting a sky hook with a minute to play in Game 6 of the 1985 Finals, all but clinching the Lakers' first championship
triumph over Boston in nine tries. Abdul-Jabbar, a big grin on his
face, ran down the Boston Garden court that day, arms spread, fists
clenched.

"A lot of years of frustration for our franchise and for me personally
were over," he recalled. "The chance to get that monkey off our back
and finally beat them was very important for our franchise.

You want to call it a fan rivalry, so be it. What's the real difference anyway? You don't think the 60's and 80's Celts and Laker players are heated about this matchup? The owners? Use some common sense. You said it's not a rivalry and 99% of the world says it is. Not much more can be said on the topic.

Last edited:

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score
Yup, we fans do the alternative...we don't bandwagon. It's not a photo op for the Hollywood crowd looking to get some national time on TV. Most of the stars that you will see come Thursday are not fans. The only Lakers fans are the following

Andy Garcia
Jack
Denzel
and a couple of has beens but I can't remember their names.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For the 100th time, I like the Lakers but hate Kobe!!!!!!
But lets not bring in facts into this discussion cause your doing so well.

:bigyawn:

No, that's BIM that likes the Lakers but hates Kobe. Huge difference between the two of you.

Weren't you the guy telling me the Lakers would have problems with Denver and with Utah. The "watch what you wish for, you may get it" guy? You might have liked Showtime...but you don't like the Lakers.

ozzfloyd

The Carp
Reaction score
I wish I still had my old Sega Genesis. I'd love me some "Lakers vs Celtics and the NBA playoffs" right about now. EA's first big game. Those were the days.

Back in the day I was all over the Celtics. As a Suns fan I despised the Lakers. Hell, I still do to an extent. But the way the Celtics have carried themselves this year has been annoying as hell. I will be rooting for the Lakers in these finals, as much as it pains me. :)

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Yup, we fans do the alternative...we don't bandwagon. It's not a photo op for the Hollywood crowd looking to get some national time on TV. Most of the stars that you will see come Thursday are not fans. The only Lakers fans are the following

Andy Garcia
Jack
Denzel
and a couple of has beens but I can't remember their names.

Dyan Cannon is the biggest Laker fan out there.

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score
:bigyawn:

No, that's BIM that likes the Lakers but hates Kobe. Huge difference between the two of you.

Weren't you the guy telling me the Lakers would have problems with Denver and with Utah.
The "watch what you wish for, you may get it" guy? You might have liked Showtime...but you don't like the Lakers.
Yes, that was me giving my take from a basketball fans unbiased POV. I was looking at match-ups, not who I liked more.
Just because I like a team doesn't mean I have to side with them ALL OF THE TIME. I like them but they are not my team.
Just because I said they would have a hard time with those teams doesn't mean a thing...others said the same.
I think you have confused BLIND LOYALTY with Liking a team.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05