Lakers vs Celtics -2008 NBA Finals

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, that was me giving my take from a basketball fans unbiased POV. I was looking at match-ups, not who I liked more.
Just because I like a team doesn't mean I have to side with them ALL OF THE TIME. I like them but they are not my team.
Just because I said they would have a hard time with those teams doesn't mean a thing...others said the same.
I think you have confused BLIND LOYALTY with Liking a team.

That really says a great deal about your study of the matchups.

I did the same, and said we'd beat Denver in 5..slight chance to sweep. That we'd get Utah in 5 or 6. Didn't want to see the Spurs, but said we'd get them in 6. Based on matchups, which held true. The jazz played a bit better than I expected, Denver a bit worse. Spurs a lot worse. I actually think the Suns would have been the hardest route for the Lakers...

I honestly don't know about the Celtic matchup...it's been a while since we played and things have changed a lot. I'm thinking Lakers in a really tough 6, but a lot will be determined with how we guard them and with who. We'll beat them in an easy five though...at least when my hatred speaks for me.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish we had some actual C's fans on here to offer some insight.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish we had some actual C's fans on here to offer some insight.

Oh, and btw, I could not care less about the opinion of myopic Celtic fans on their mishmash Big 3 of mentally soft choke artists...or really anything they have to say about anything..ever.

Yes, I am fully aware.

|
|
|
|
V

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
God would it be great for the Celtics to whip up on the Lakers, just so we didn't have to listen to all the LA fans spewing crap. I don't like the C's but will be cheering for them just because I hate the Lakers, and it would be hilarious to see Kobe fail on getting a title without the Big Man. And isn't it ironic he wouldn't even be in the finals again without the help of Gasol, which was awarded to LA for some reason.

KCi

Reaction score
Nope, don't see the irony. I don't think anyone expects Kobe to be winning championship with just Odom. That's like saying, man, can you imagine Kobe can only be successful with good teammates. No duh.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Nope, don't see the irony. I don't think anyone expects Kobe to be winning championship with just Odom. That's like saying, man, can you imagine Kobe can only be successful with good teammates. No duh.

Exactly. The haters will never give Kobe his props unless he wins a title 1 on 5, and even then I'm sure they would find a way to tear him down.

It's funny that "nash"man would denigrate Kobe's accomplishment of leading his team to The Finals, considering it is something that Steve Nash has never been able to do.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
God would it be great for the Celtics to whip up on the Lakers, just so we didn't have to listen to all the LA fans spewing crap. I don't like the C's but will be cheering for them just because I hate the Lakers, and it would be hilarious to see Kobe fail on getting a title without the Big Man. And isn't it ironic he wouldn't even be in the finals again without the help of Gasol, which was awarded to LA for some reason.

This is just the beginning of this Lakers team run. Get used to the next 4-5 years.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sure! Good luck keeping players as the become to think of themselves as stars. And without the Gasol gift your a low seed, see you next year when we have had time to work in Shaq. And yeah I would take Steve Nash on my time anyday over the rapist I mean Kome!

cobbler

Registered
Reaction score
Sure! Good luck keeping players as the become to think of themselves as stars. And without the Gasol gift your a low seed, see you next year when we have had time to work in Shaq. And yeah I would take Steve Nash on my time anyday over the rapist I mean Kome!

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

nashman made a funny!!

:D

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score

Bitter?

Oh, a tad.

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score
Keith? Is he still alive or relevant?

Same with the clippers!
talk to me about the Clips next season. If it weren't for ALL the injuries this past season we would have completed. If it weren't for the questionable trade for Gasol, you guys would not be where you are....member that!

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
talk to me about the Clips next season. If it weren't for ALL the injuries the past 25 seasons we would have completed. If it weren't for the questionable trade for Gasol, you guys would not be where you are....member that!

ftfy

Trophytown

Registered
Reaction score
talk to me about the Clips next season. If it weren't for ALL the injuries this past season we would have completed. If it weren't for the questionable trade for Gasol, you guys would not be where you are....member that!

Dont overlook Bynum coming back into the fold next season. I fully expect regular, thorough buttwhippings of the Clippers. Get used to it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05