Lakers vs Celtics -2008 NBA Finals

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Solemme get this straight.. It sounds as if you wouldnt post on a celtics board because its trolling.. You dont wanna post on a lakers board for whatever reason.. Yet it is perfectly ok to sport a lakers avatar on a arizona board and runs your gums silly talking about the lakers in a arrogant manner with your lakers gang to Suns fans? ya ok.. that makes perfect sense.. :rolleyes:

I dont think I can name one Lakers' M.B. nor would I ever take the time to post let alone look for one. These guys are becoming more and more pathetic as their post count goes up on here

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Are you kidding me??? Some of the biggest Laker fans hopped on that bandwagon. Jack Nicholson flew to PHX to watch the Clips and Vic "The Brick" Jacobs himself professed his love for the Red and Blue.

HAd the Clippers played one more good season, you would have seen LA turn from Purple and Gold to Red and Blue almost overnight

LOL! The fans who went to see the Clippers in the playoffs just went to see something they had never seen before, and will probably never see again. Like going to see a dancing bear.

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score
Ah, but I do know what it feels like, having been to a few WCF games in my time.

being a spectator is very different than experiencing what it feels like...sorry.

Well, before the Gasol trade, the Lakers were first place in the west. With Bynum. They then dropped a couple of games and the Gasol trade happened. But they weren't "nothing." They were the best team in the west. Had just recently blown out New Orleans at their house by 29 points. Rolling. That's not "nothing."
I guess you got me on a technicality but the end result is what I meant.

Those aren't Laker fans. They are bandwagon fans. I marvel at the Cards fans and our loyalty. But I give Clip fans credit there as well. But jeez, doesn't mean I have to cheer for them. Wanting a team to win a series (Clippers vs. Suns) and becoming a clipper fan or joining their bandwagon are very different things.

Your words:
No Laker fans I know were on any "clipper bandwagon." LOL. Like such a thing even exists.

What do you think a bandwagon is?

BANDWAGON: # Informal. A cause or party that attracts increasing numbers of adherents: young voters climbing aboard the party's bandwagon.

Cheering on a team or buying attire from a team that you would not support in normal circumstances is bandwagoning and sorry to say but a huge number of Lakers fans did it. Even Nicholson....your prized possession.

TJ

Reaction score
The Clippers don't need a bandwagon, a Mini Cooper would do the job just fine.

Ohh come on!! You know you have an Elton Brand jersey buried deep in your dresser drawer waiting to be put on once they surpass the Lakers in the playoffs again

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score
Shame on you for cheering for the Suns! The Laker Gods would have your head for such blasphemy. You were probably giving them the monkey paw. A true fan loves his/her team and hates the other 29.

Actually, Vic considered making a Red and Blue poncho at one time, but that idea faded with the Clips' success. He's obnoxious anyway, I dont know why I brought him up (even though he is a nice guy in person)

Don't forget what happened to the LA Kings. As soon as they started sucking, LA started quacking for the Ducks. Its an ugly stigma that LA has.
That's what I'm talking about! LA is the epitome of the fair weathered fans...except for the Clippers fans. Yes, we tend to suck but we stay loyal to a team in a place we we have one of the most prestigious franchises. In fact, I started rooting for the Clips precisely because of the Laker fans. It was more of a protest but I have to say I love them as much as the Cards now.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When the lakers suck, there are crickets in the Staples center.. The fron row seats dont not have any familiar faces.. Hell, Jack goes to Clippers games when they were better than the lakers.. Jack goes to yankees games when they were winning, but when they arent, he's a no show there too.. All the stars suddenly had busy schedules, and all the fans followed suit.. Its the definition of badwagon fan..

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score
LOL! The fans who went to see the Clippers in the playoffs just went to see something they had never seen before, and will probably never see again. Like going to see a dancing bear.
Or was it because the Laker fans had nothing to cheer for? maybe years of losing finally got to them. ;)

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
That's what I'm talking about! LA is the epitome of the fair weathered fans...except for the Clippers fans.

I'm a Kings fan and I hate the Ducks. Just like every other Kings fan does. The Kings attendance went up in 2008 from 2007 even though L.A. was one of the worst teams in the league. Kings fans are some of the most loyal fans in the NHL.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was more of a protest but I have to say I love them as much as the Cards now.

Oh dont get me started on these Cards/lakers fans that feel it perfectly ok to go to A Suns home game when the lakers are in town and berate and talk trash to Suns fans with their piss yellow jerseys on, then have the audacity to show up and Cards games in Cards gear and tell all opposing fans that this is AZ and they have no business being in the Cards stadium with the other teams jersey.. I wont say who.. Ahh screw it.. Why do I care Its Donald and his merry band of butt kissers..

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
When the lakers suck, there are crickets in the Staples center.. The fron row seats dont not have any familiar faces.. Hell, Jack goes to Clippers games when they were better than the lakers.. Jack goes to yankees games when they were winning, but when they arent, he's a no show there too.. All the stars suddenly had busy schedules, and all the fans followed suit.. Its the definition of badwagon fan..

Wrong again, Cee! Staples was at capacity every night the last three seasons. Look it up. Laker fans don't jump ship to the newest "big thing" the way you have.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Oh dont get me started on these Cards/lakers fans that feel it perfectly ok to go to A Suns home game when the lakers are in town and berate and talk trash to Suns fans with their piss yellow jerseys on, then have the audacity to show up and Cards games in Cards gear and tell all opposing fans that this is AZ and they have no business being in the Cards stadium with the other teams jersey.. I wont say who.. Ahh screw it.. Why do I care Its Donald and his merry band of butt kissers..

Dude, I'm dyin' here! You're starting your "Arizona fans should support Arizona teams" diatribe again while sporting that sig of yours?! Hilarious!

:biglaugh:

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wrong again, Cee! Staples was at capacity every night the last three seasons. Look it up. Laker fans don't jump ship to the newest "big thing" the way you have.

Really? Is that why they have put lights only on the court so as the crowd (or lack there of) cant be seen at lakers home games?

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude, I'm dyin' here! You're starting your "Arizona fans should support Arizona teams" diatribe again while sporting that sig of yours?! Hilarious!

:biglaugh:

Ya cuz its like I have the opprotunity to cheer on the Suns right now..

Celtics in 6... Eat it! Never talk bad about the green and white!

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Win or lose, Lakers fans support their team.

Ya ok.. When your most visible fan is off cuddling up to the other LA team or watching the your former great center win a title with Wade, that says volumes about your supposed great fan base..

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kinda like when Laker fans went to watch the Clippers after the Lakers were eliminated? Doesn't make them Clipper "fans" does it? Hypocrisy much?

Im not so much cheering on the celtics as I am hoping they beat the lakers.. So there is a difference.. I would be supporting any other team that was in this position right now..

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
uhhh...what? What does a dancing monkey have to do with atmosphere? :shrug:

Dont mind him.. He thinks he's funny for some strange reason.. Ive seen these kinds of posts plenty of times over the years.. If anything I sit and stare at his posts in amazement at some of the things he says.. And not the kind of amazement where its a good thing..

TJ

Reaction score
This thread has already hit 15 pages and the first game is not until Thursday.

And Laker fans have not answered the question I have asked a couple of times already: what the hell are you still doing here??