Last week of the Preseason (news without the twitter links). 08/26/24-09/01/24

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They haven't won anything yet nor finished even .500 yet, so of course they haven't done what they've been hired to do. Yet.
If you actually read what I wrote, I did say that it doesn’t happen overnight. Did you actually think they would go .500 in year 1 with their starting QB missing 10 games & with a roster that had been purposely gutted in order to start the process?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
If you actually read what I wrote, I did say that it doesn’t happen overnight. Did you actually think they would go .500 in year 1 with their starting QB missing 10 games & with a roster that had been purposely gutted in order to start the process?
No, mine wasn't a judgment post. Mine was a reaction to your post, which I read as saying our GM and coach have already arrived. They haven't arrived until they get us the wins, the playoffs, etc. That's all. I'm not saying they had to have done it already. I'm just not crowning them for anything yet.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No, mine wasn't a judgment post. Mine was a reaction to your post, which I read as saying our GM and coach have already arrived. They haven't arrived until they get us the wins, the playoffs, etc. That's all. I'm not saying they had to have done it already. I'm just not crowning them for anything yet.
No one is crowning anyone. I credit them for not veering away from the ultimate goal…….building sustainable success.

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
Just putting this out there: since I became a fan of this team in 1969, I have been witness to the following:

376 wins, 481 losses, and 15 ties.

Really hoping to close that win/loss gap in the coming years. A man can dream, can't he?

Stout

Reaction score
No one is crowning anyone. I credit them for not veering away from the ultimate goal…….building sustainable success.
In direct response to someone saying you were crowning them, you said "As a fan should, since they’ve done exactly what they were hired to do." You said we should crown them for doing exactly what they were hired to do. Well, they haven't.

I think I get it, however. You didn't mean the words you typed. It happens. You meant to say fans should be happy with what they're doing, but should not crown them. You just wrote the opposite :)

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In direct response to someone saying you were crowning them, you said "As a fan should, since they’ve done exactly what they were hired to do." You said we should crown them for doing exactly what they were hired to do. Well, they haven't.

I think I get it, however. You didn't mean the words you typed. It happens. You meant to say fans should be happy with what they're doing, but should not crown them. You just wrote the opposite :)
Never used the words “crowning them”. I support them. At least for the time being. I’m a “process” guy & I agree with the MOJG plan moving forward. Going deep into the playoffs in 2-3 years is far more important to me than the Cardinals taking the bandaid approach.

Stout

Reaction score
Never used the words “crowning them”. I support them. At least for the time being. I’m a “process” guy & I agree with the MOJG plan moving forward. Going deep into the playoffs in 2-3 years is far more important to me than the Cardinals taking the bandaid approach.
2-3 years means this year or the next. That would be fantastic.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Nowhere really to put this:

I miss Kyle’s writing and wish he were affiliated with a better outfit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sparky