Ld

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did anyone notice him giving up two sacks today? But he had no false starts! WOOHOO!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if we blow ridiculous cash on LD and keep him at T, we deserve every bit of scorn heaped upon us.

the guy is a freaking G - a good one too and a really mediocre/below average T.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
I think he would be so much better as a guard.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if we blow ridiculous cash on LD and keep him at T, we deserve every bit of scorn heaped upon us.

the guy is a freaking G - a good one too and a really mediocre/below average T.

:thumbup:

The good thing is that hes playing himself out of a super rich deal.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
I'll chime in here... Waiting for the LD police to show up and tell us how stupid we are for not seeing he is one of the better players on this team... IMO, he sets the tone for this line...

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll chime in here... Waiting for the LD police to show up and tell us how stupid we are for not seeing he is one of the better players on this team... IMO, he sets the tone for this line...

"LD POLICE"

Thats classic. Trust me they are coming!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"LD POLICE"

Thats classic. Trust me they are coming!

hell, can't wait for BigDavis75 to come back and continue to tell me I don't watch the games and that the Facolns and Jax D-line units aren't as good as ours!

some people just can't admit when they're wrong - it's a sign of low intelligence - don't sweat the LD police.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
I dont want to lose him and make the line even worse. But he needs to move back to guard. The Cards need to invest alot of cash in 2 veteran Tackles that can play.

Oh and replace Step NOW!

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Big starting at guard has never sounded so good.

But, is that really the direction the rest of the NFL is headed in? 360 pound guards?

No.

so lets switch LD to fullback.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I dont want to lose him and make the line even worse. But he needs to move back to guard. The Cards need to invest alot of cash in 2 veteran Tackles that can play.

Oh and replace Step NOW!

The Cardinals haven't had two veteran tackles that could play since Roger Finnie and Dan Dierdorf 30 years ago.

CardShark

DEAL WITH IT!
Reaction score
Davis will be signed to a lucrative contract regardless of who does it. If it's another team look for him to play gaurd. Green has to get off his left tackle money stance. Hutchinson and Bentley have discounted that. I wouldn't be surprised to see Davis hold off and sign with the Seahawks. We all know the Cards won't tag him.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Davis will be signed to a lucrative contract regardless of who does it. If it's another team look for him to play gaurd. Green has to get off his left tackle money stance. Hutchinson and Bentley have discounted that. I wouldn't be surprised to see Davis hold off and sign with the Seahawks. We all know the Cards won't tag him.

If they did they would be infrickensanely stupid!

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Big is and always has been a guard. That is a position he could dominate, but we continue to try to make him a tackle and it just doesn't work.

I don't know why we don't just say...hmm, he'd be a damn fine guard and a average/below average tackle. Let's go guard with him.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Big is and always has been a guard. That is a position he could dominate, but we continue to try to make him a tackle and it just doesn't work.

I don't know why we don't just say...hmm, he'd be a damn fine guard and a average/below average tackle. Let's go guard with him.

The answer is obvious: He is one of the better LT's in the game today as told to us by a plethura of people on this board! :roll: That roll isnt for you D!

CardShark

DEAL WITH IT!
Reaction score

Because Green can't admit he's wrong.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I do not believe that we can improve our offensive line this offseason without keeping Leonard Davis. That being said, there is mounting evidence that he might be a better fit at guard than tackle, especially in today's NFL and the increase in speed on the outside. Also, as much is it might pain some people to say, he is our best lineman. Sad, sad day.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NO LD POLICE YET? BigDavis75? :shrug:

Goodyear Card

Link Guy
Reaction score
I am not sure swithcing LD to guard is the answer for this year. I don't think we have anyone who can play left tackle. The only improvement I can see for this year is switching Wells to center.

DaCards

I Heart the Cardinals!!
Reaction score
LD sucks too!

So does Leckey...
So does Ross...
So does Step...
So does Brown...
and so does Wells...

Theres no defending any of em...even when the D is playing the pass (like they should be) Edge has to break a tackle at least 2 yds behind the line in order to make a play.

Garbage!

Reddog

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I have always envisioned Davis as a guard. Green has the perfect excuse to switch him as Lienart is a lefty and LD will not be as critical at LT as RT will be the blindside protector. The problem still remains next year and certainly this year - where will you find a solid RT and LT to fill those spots if you move LD to guard?

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
LD police here. You guys pick about 3 plays out of the game where he has trouble and don't pay attention to the 98% of the time he dominates his man. I just saw Walter Jones get beat twice by a speed rush.It happens. There are some pretty decent DE's out there and Davis gets the better of them almost every play. What do you guys want him to do block about 3 guys per play because he's about the only guy taking care of his man. I don't understand why he is the whipping boy when you absolute horrible linemates in Wells and Step.Those guys get beat by their man more often than not. Milford had a bad game but at least he's shown some run blocking ability in some other games. I think it's time for Deuce to step into the fray in a starting capacity. I wonder if Wells can handle center. Instead of complaining about what money Big gets you should be complaining more about the money wasted on Wells.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
LD police here. You guys pick about 3 plays out of the game where he has trouble and don't pay attention to the 98% of the time he dominates his man. I just saw Walter Jones get beat twice by a speed rush.It happens. There are some pretty decent DE's out there and Davis gets the better of them almost every play. What do you guys want him to do block about 3 guys per play because he's about the only guy taking care of his man. I don't understand why he is the whipping boy when you absolute horrible linemates in Wells and Step.Those guys get beat by their man more often than not. Milford had a bad game but at least he's shown some run blocking ability in some other games. I think it's time for Deuce to step into the fray in a starting capacity. I wonder if Wells can handle center. Instead of complaining about what money Big gets you should be complaining more about the money wasted on Wells.

First of all Step is horrible and Milford Brown can't pass block or run block, Big is possibly the worst downfield blocker I've ever seen.

I watched almost every play in slow motion on offense, I need therapy now, there are so many problems it's sick.

Step and Big must hate Warner, they're doing everything they can to get him killed or make a fool out of him, that is while he's not doing that himself.

Step gets blown back so hard his feet are tripping Warner about twice a game, he just gets bull rushed and he can't hold up, he gets too high all the damn time and or he has zero ability to move laterally and engage whatever rusher there is he never gets any leverage, he's just awful. When he isn't getting flat out beat he's doubling a guy while a LB blitzes late right by him.

Big going back to this thread title can not handle speed rushers, this is a problem since they tend to be sprinkled throughout the NFL.

This line is pathetic, it has no cohesion, it's got talent gaps all over the place, technique is bad, in short it just sucks.

Big can play guard but do not ever ask him to pull, again downfield he looks like he's a drunken three legged bull chasing a very fast matador, it's ole ole ole as he bumbles down the field.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05