OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LD police here. You guys pick about 3 plays out of the game where he has trouble and don't pay attention to the 98% of the time he dominates his man. I just saw Walter Jones get beat twice by a speed rush.It happens. There are some pretty decent DE's out there and Davis gets the better of them almost every play. What do you guys want him to do block about 3 guys per play because he's about the only guy taking care of his man. I don't understand why he is the whipping boy when you absolute horrible linemates in Wells and Step.Those guys get beat by their man more often than not. Milford had a bad game but at least he's shown some run blocking ability in some other games. I think it's time for Deuce to step into the fray in a starting capacity. I wonder if Wells can handle center. Instead of complaining about what money Big gets you should be complaining more about the money wasted on Wells.
JUST WOW!

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
LD police here. You guys pick about 3 plays out of the game where he has trouble and don't pay attention to the 98% of the time he dominates his man. I just saw Walter Jones get beat twice by a speed rush.It happens. There are some pretty decent DE's out there and Davis gets the better of them almost every play. What do you guys want him to do block about 3 guys per play because he's about the only guy taking care of his man. I don't understand why he is the whipping boy when you absolute horrible linemates in Wells and Step.Those guys get beat by their man more often than not. Milford had a bad game but at least he's shown some run blocking ability in some other games. I think it's time for Deuce to step into the fray in a starting capacity. I wonder if Wells can handle center. Instead of complaining about what money Big gets you should be complaining more about the money wasted on Wells.

dude, he's getting paid $9 MILLION THIS YEAR!!! It's his contract year!!! Giving him a free pass on 3 plays per game is ridiculous. If I remember correctly, 2 of them led to fumbles. Between the false starts, matador blocking, and just overall bad play...he's gotta go. The thing that really bothers me is that if he can't raise the level of his play in his contract year, how is he going to play if we actually re-sign him? I agree that the whole interior, including Step, are attrocious. But they're also not making 9 million. The whole line needs to be revamped. When we're hoping for Oliver Ross to come back from injury as our savior, it's really sad. When we're matching a ridiculous offer for Reggie Wells, who hasn't shown squat, it's even sadder. If I see another quote how Reggie Wells is the most consistent and versatile player on the line, I'm going to puke. That's not a lot to accomplish.
I feel bad for Steve Loney. His predecessor had no coaching experience whatsoever and he's being charged with getting a bunch of no talent fatties to work with. The good rushing teams don't have straight ahead monster blockers anymore. They have quick, agile lineman that can get out in space and block somebody.
Alright, sorry for my venting and I'm not personally attacking you. Just another frustrated fan.

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
dude, he's getting paid $9 MILLION THIS YEAR!!! It's his contract year!!! Giving him a free pass on 3 plays per game is ridiculous. If I remember correctly, 2 of them led to fumbles. Between the false starts, matador blocking, and just overall bad play...he's gotta go. The thing that really bothers me is that if he can't raise the level of his play in his contract year, how is he going to play if we actually re-sign him? I agree that the whole interior, including Step, are attrocious. But they're also not making 9 million. The whole line needs to be revamped. When we're hoping for Oliver Ross to come back from injury as our savior, it's really sad. When we're matching a ridiculous offer for Reggie Wells, who hasn't shown squat, it's even sadder. If I see another quote how Reggie Wells is the most consistent and versatile player on the line, I'm going to puke. That's not a lot to accomplish.
I feel bad for Steve Loney. His predecessor had no coaching experience whatsoever and he's being charged with getting a bunch of no talent fatties to work with. The good rushing teams don't have straight ahead monster blockers anymore. They have quick, agile lineman that can get out in space and block somebody.
Alright, sorry for my venting and I'm not personally attacking you. Just another frustrated fan.

I don't think that should have any effect on your decision of him as a player. His contract should have been restructured before this season and his salary certainly did not inhibit the team in FA. Also, his draft position should have no effect on your opinion of him as a player.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also, his draft position should have no effect on your opinion of him as a player.

It most certainly should! You saying it shouldnt is pretty much laughable.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
My offseason plan.

Franchise Big as a guard.

Draft every Olinemen you can just keep drafting them.

If there are any quality olinemen in FA beg them, throw money at them, clutch their feet as they attempt to run away from you.

Rinse and repeat this for two years and it should be good.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
I don't think that should have any effect on your decision of him as a player. His contract should have been restructured before this season and his salary certainly did not inhibit the team in FA. Also, his draft position should have no effect on your opinion of him as a player.

They didn't want to restructure his contract because they wanted to see how he'd play this year to see if he's worth keeping. That's what is pretty scary. There is a reason the term "contract year player" exists. The player plays out of his mind because he's motivated to cash in. Davis isn't even motivated by that!
This is where it gets dicey. Even though he's not worth huge dollars, he'll get them because there's going to be slim pickings next year in FA. So we're going to be left with a choice of pay him a lot of cash or try to find someone else. Either way, we're screwed. I think he has the potential to be a pro bowl guard, but potential is a word that has followed him since he came in the league.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
My offseason plan.

Franchise Big as a guard.

Draft every Olinemen you can just keep drafting them.

If there are any quality olinemen in FA beg them, throw money at them, clutch their feet as they attempt to run away from you.

Rinse and repeat this for two years and it should be good.

Th franchise idea is a good one but are you allowed to franchise a player at a different position than what they mainly play? I wouldn't think that would be the case. I bet we'll transition him and see what offers he gets and match any reasonable offer.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Th franchise idea is a good one but are you allowed to franchise a player at a different position than what they mainly play? I wouldn't think that would be the case. I bet we'll transition him and see what offers he gets and match any reasonable offer.

All Olinemen are put into the same category for the franchise and transition tags.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05