Lions at Cardinals gameday thread 9-22-24

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The thing I liked least about this game was both 4th down calls.

The first? Ok, not that bad to go for it but either sneak it with Tune or run Conner. You run wide it's into their strength which is speed.

Second time? Don't go for it. Too far, too early, punt it and pin them back.

That's what I think.
I agree. There was 5 minutes left in the 3rd quarter but we left emotion get to us. Yes we had a pick and settling for a fg would hurt but the it would have made it 20-13. But going for it with nine minutes to go in the 4th quarter totally flipped the field.
We had 4 or 5 drives start inside our own 10 yard line.

Red Bird

Veteran
Reaction score
Lions outplayed us in all 3 phases. They were my preseason SB pick, so I guess we’ll see how that holds up. I look at them as the blue print for how we want to slow cook this thing. Check out where they were at early 2022 and it wasn’t very impressive. We’re still on schedule overall imo.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The D also gave up 20 and couldn’t get a stop when they needed.
If you told me this d would hold that o to 20 I would have thought we won. They did give up two big first downs to effectively lose any chance at winning though. But they outplayed their talent in the second half.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Nah. The gave the offense plenty of chances to win this game. If you told me we held the Lions to 20 pts. I would have assumed we won.
Agreed. I just said as much. But when we asked them to do it one last time they faltered and then failed. That still counts.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Right my point is the question was is their window closed, my answer is I don't think you can tell without CMC, Deebo, and others.

I get the Rams are missing key guys too.

The Niners do this every year. In 2021 they lost 4 in a row and made the CG. In 2022 they started 4-4 and made the CG. Last year they lost 3 straight and made the SB. They want to win but don’t really care about the regular season.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The offense lacks speed again. I would love to see Michael Carter come in and replace Benson's snaps. Carter adds a different element to the offense. Benson is just an extremely poor man's Conner right now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05