Lost

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I veiwed the source on the Flight tracker page and found this header:

This is Bob Jones, of Tulsa Oklahoma and I would like to inform the First National Bank of Enid
that I will be late making my September mortgage payment as I am STRANDED ON A FRIGGIN’
ISLAND IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE! Please have the government send a search team
immediately or don’t all the taxes I pay cover an expense like that?
BJ

That's to funny!

maddogkf

You think KFCs still open
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sun Devil Stadium, Sect 27, Row 34, Seat 8
this too:
If anyone should find this message, please get word to Sandra Rafflethorpe of Palm Avenue in Lewiston, Idaho that her sister, Sally is alive and stranded on an island somewhere in the South Pacific. Please send help soon. Things are bad. And they're getting worse...

Sally

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you click on the seating chart sometimes a seat will change colors. Then click on the seat with the characters name.

Shannons seat revealed the french ladies map.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
JJ Abrams is one twisted dude. He is probably the only one who knows what the ending is. It could take several seasons before we find out all of the answers!

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
MadCardDisease said:
JJ Abrams is one twisted dude. He is probably the only one who knows what the ending is. It could take several seasons before we find out all of the answers!

We won't know the answers until the final episode and even then I'm not completely sure.

Are you sure its "mapingua"? Because reading that print it looks like madinguae (but that has no meaning)

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of the airport codes is JJA. I couldn't find that one on the airport code list. I assume it refers to JJ Abrams the writer?

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Evil Ash said:
We won't know the answers until the final episode and even then I'm not completely sure.

Are you sure its "mapingua"? Because reading that print it looks like madinguae (but that has no meaning)

Yep. If you get it off the site you can zoom in on the print that is crossed out. It's definitly mapinguari. Which according to the internet is some mythological beast. It also says that the mapinguari is partially obscured in a cloud of smoke or something like that.

Last edited:

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
MadCardDisease said:
Yep. If you get it off the site you can zoom in on the print that is crossed out. It's definitly mapinguari. Which according to the internet is some mythological beast. It also says that the mapinguari is partially covered in smoke or something like that.

Cool that makes sense sorta (getting in the mind of JJ Abrahms is kinda a scary notion). He probably just misspelled it because he was just pissed with the script and that info leaking early.

After looking at the site, the creature does seem interesting.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Evil Ash said:
He probably just misspelled it because he was just pissed with the script and that info leaking early.

Actually that is how the hand written version is spelled also. It's just hard to see unless you zoom in on it.

This site is owned by ABC so it was purposely "leaked" to keep people interested.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
MadCardDisease said:
Actually that is how the hand written version is spelled also. It's just hard to see unless you zoom in on it.

This site is owned by ABC so it was purposely "leaked" to keep people interested.

I know it is now purposely being leaked but he was just pissed that on an episode something would be let out before he wanted it to. He just wants to be in control of when this got out (i.e. now)

BTW he must have some really sloppy handwritting then

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Evil Ash said:
It wasn't a pirate ship (I commented on it before seeing the whole thing on TIVO was flipping back and forth between Lost and the Dbacks game). However in saying that it doesn't mean pirates weren't involved ... pirates do 2 things murder and steal usually in that order so its not out of the realm of possibility that the pirates just stole the ship. It was probably just a simple mining ship though

eh Who knows? Whenever I think I got something figured out, this show pulls me in another direction. I love it

I think it was a slave ship and that's why it ended up on the island, the people taking the slaves were "punished".

That's why the shackles. I don't think the dynamite originated on that ship.

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not sure if they change it daily but this was hidden in the source code at the very top of the seating page today

If you are reading this note PLEASE get word to my wife, Christina Smith that her husband,
Jake survived the crash of Oceanic Flight #815 along with 47 others.
Darling, I miss you so much and dream of the day I can see your face again.
The very thought of that day is all that keeps me going here. Please don’t forget me!

Jake Smith

jf-08

chohan
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MadCardDisease said:
First, go here:

http://www.oceanic-air.com/seatingchart.htm

Now, at the bottom of the seating chart are the seating numbers, click the special *numbers* in this order.

4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42

don't click the seat, just the numbers

There is a bunch of other hidden stuff if you poke around. I found a script that kind of describes the monster on one page.

By doing this today, there is a flash animation scene with Sawyer running through the jungle and text that says something to the effect wait till they get to the other side of the island, they are not the survivors they thought they were

and then you are directed to this site:

http://www.oceanicflight815.com/

CardinalChris

Big Man Himself
Reaction score
swd1974 said:
BTW if the purgatory thing is true what did Locke do to get here? So far all we have seen is that he gave a kidney up to an awful father.

How did he get in the wheelchair?

I read an interview with the producers and they specifically mentioned the purgatory theory and said it was incorrect.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's up guys? I'm so glad I found this thread. Our air conditioner has been out for a couple days, so I haven't been able to sleep. I decided to look for a Lost message board over at www.ABC.com. The discussions were absolutely pathetic. There were entire threads about whether the people on the boat were "the others". I did read a few interesting things there though.

1. In the episode where Boone is in the airplane and it falls off the cliff I thought the response on the radio was something like "there were no survivors of oceanic flight 815". In fact that's what it said in the closed captioning. Yes, I checked. However, when you go to the ABC web site and watch the video review of that episode the response is clearly, "no, we're the survivors of oceanic flight 815."

http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/index.html

Click on the "video Gallery" link in the middle of the page. Click on episode 19. It's towards the end of the clip.

2. What was with Locke's legs in that episode? They were reverting back to their previous state until Boone and the plane fell off the cliff. Or was it until the hatch lit up at the end of the episode? I figure it must have been the island making sure that it was Boone who went up into the airplane.

3. On the raft, Sawyer was singing Bob Marley's "Redemption Song". Check out the lyrics to that song.

Old pirates, yes, they rob i;
Sold I to the merchant ships,
Minutes after they took i
From the bottomless pit.

But my hand was made strong
By the ’and of the almighty.
We forward in this generation
Triumphantly.
Won’t you help to sing
These songs of freedom? -
’cause all I ever have:
Redemption songs;
Redemption songs.

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;
None but ourselves can free our minds.
Have no fear for atomic energy,
’cause none of them can stop the time.
How long shall they kill our prophets,
While we stand aside and look? ooh!
Some say it’s just a part of it:
We’ve got to fulfil de book.

Won’t you help to sing
These songs of freedom? -
’cause all I ever have:
Redemption songs;
Redemption songs;
Redemption songs.
---

---
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;
None but ourselves can free our mind.
Wo! have no fear for atomic energy,
’cause none of them-a can-a stop-a the time.

How long shall they kill our prophets,
While we stand aside and look?
Yes, some say it’s just a part of it:
We’ve got to fulfil de book.
Won’t you help to sing
Dese songs of freedom? -
’cause all I ever had:
Redemption songs -
All I ever had:
Redemption songs:
These songs of freedom,
Songs of freedom.

4. I don't put any credence in the idea that the others are the descendents of the slave traders. They are clearly people that have come to the island more recently. First of all they have American accents. At least the guy who talked did. They have the small boat and guns that were made no more than 75 years ago. I have to believe that there is some military aspect to the island because of the radio transmitter and the nature of the hatch.

5. Was the lady on the boat... the one that through the bomb... was she Alex? She looked a little older than 16 to me, but I suppose nobody weathers well on an island like that.

6. Mike pointed out how a bunch of the numbers showed up in Hurley's segment as he was rushing to the airport. When his car broke down the numbers 4, 8, 23, and 42 were all on the Digital dashboard at one point or another. The old man he bought the scooter from had a hat on that said "crazy 8's".

7. Claire's baby must have some significance more than just being a baby born on the island. Remember that there was a whole episode where the psychic told her it would be a disaster if she didn't raise the baby herself. He orchestrated her getting on that flight after being so worried about her giving the baby up for adoption. I'm not giving up on the idea that turniphead is somehow specialeven though the others were actually after Walt.

8. I thought the observations in this thread about the radar were pretty heinteresting. However I think it was probably just an oversight by the writers. Or maybe they just needed it for the story and figured nobody would think much of it.

9. Two of the books that Sawyer was reading were "A Wrinkle in Time" and "Watership down". I've never read either book, but I looked up their plots on the Internet.

http://cgi.sparknotes.com/hlite.mpl?words=wrinkle&pd=0&page=summary.html&guide=/lit/wrinkle

http://www.sparknotes.com/lit/watership/summary.html

Like the song, "Redemption Song", it's easy to see similarities to Lost.

10. The "monster" or "security system" is definitely some sort of machine or partially a machine. If you slow down that scene where Locke is being dragged it sure looks like there is some sor of chain pulling him. At that point it sounds like a chain on a big sprocket. The closed captioning reads "[gears clicking]" as he's being pulled into the hole. I figure it is some sort of supernatural machine wore more accurately a machine controlled by supernatural powers.

jf-08

chohan
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great analysis and comments, Joe!!

We were all wondering when you would finally realize there are other boards here, not just the Suns board. :D

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jkf296 said:
By doing this today, there is a flash animation scene with Sawyer running through the jungle and text that says something to the effect wait till they get to the other side of the island, they are not the survivors they thought they were

and then you are directed to this site:

http://www.oceanicflight815.com/

Not sure if this is the same thing you're talking about, haven't tried it, haven't even seen the show before. :D

Lost Season Two Teaser
Source: thebtskink
May 30, 2005

ABC has left fans one more hint of what's to come on the second season of hit TV show Lost on Oceanic-Air.com. The site for Oceanic Flight 815 in the series has a new, hidden Flash teaser that you can now watch.

To do so, click on the link above. Then at the bottom of the site, where it says 'Travellers', type in Hurley's "lucky" numbers 4, 8, 15, 16, 23 and 42. Click on 'Find' which will take you to the flight's seating chart. Next, click on those numbers again in order right below the chart and the teaser will start.

ABC is moving Lost to 9:00 p.m. EST on Wednesday's in the Fall.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
jkf296 said:
Great analysis and comments, Joe!!

We were all wondering when you would finally realize there are other boards here, not just the Suns board. :D

I found the politics and religion message board before the election, but I couldn't take it. If I had found this particular Lost thread at the beginning of the season I can't imagine how much time I might have spent/wasted here. I honestly think this is the best show that's been on television in a long, long time. I absolutely love it.

Joe Mama

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did anyone watch the first episopde again last night, it is funny noticingthe little things, like Kate coming form the bushes rubbing her wrists. I tivoes it and you can see the black shadow hit the plain. I just thought it was intresting see the little things, I might have to tivo all of them and catch the little things. I also noticed that many of the seats in the front of the plain were empty. I thought that was wierd.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05