Lost

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Dback Jon said:
Also - the episode is being replayed this Saturday.
Can you confirm this? The guide on my TV is saying that the epsiode on Saturday is the one where they outlined the characters and season's plotlines.

EDIT - Nevermind. I saw that there will be a repeat Saturday night in aticipation of the 2 hour finale next Wednesday.

Last edited:

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the idea that they meet up with other survivors in right.

Wonder what will happen to the raft?

Enjoyed seeing the dialogue between Sawyer and Jack.

Sawyer kept looking around for Kate before the raft left. Wonder if anything will ever develop there. They both seem so stubborn.

Am looking forward to the next episode. :thumbup:

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did anyone think the monster sounded kind of mechanical? Maybe like a giant robot or something?

:shrug:

Maybe the Hatch is a spaceship that crash landed. The island isn't lucky for aliens either!

:thumbup:

Or pirates for that matter.

Kind of the pacific version of the bermuda triangle

Last edited:

DS

Ladies Man
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
MadCardDisease said:
Did anyone think the monster sounded kind of mechanical? Maybe like a giant robot or something?

:shrug:

Maybe the Hatch is a spaceship that crash landed. The island isn't lucky for aliens either!

:thumbup:

Or pirates for that matter.

Kind of the pacific version of the bermuda triangle

- or - space pirates! Now that would be cool *paging Han Solo*

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, here it is boys and girls...the Lost season finale, and probably the most anticipated finale on TV.

What is going to happen...how far does the raft get? Does someone take the baby again? Do we see inside the hatch? Do we see the monster?

I can't freaking wait...2 hours of Lost...woooo!

Mike

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:
I can't freaking wait...2 hours of Lost...woooo!

Mike

Woo hoo! Sadly, this is the brightest part of my day, lol!

I think Daniela takes Claire's baby and was setting up the group the whole time. If the hatch DOES open, we don't get to see a damn thing. I wonder what's gonna happen with Locke. In the previews he's being held on to by Jack and says "Let me go. I'll be alright." It looks like he also tells Jack that the island brought them all there for a reason.

I love this freaking show!!!

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Great show. Now we have to wait until September.

Questions we got from the season finale:

How the @#%$ do the Others have an operational boat?

Where the @#%$ did they take Walt?

Is Hurley going to tell them what the numbers stand for?

Is the monster a machine created by someone?

What is in the hatch?

Anything else?

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Zona90 said:

What is in the hatch?

Anything else?

Yeah there's a few more

like Who or what are the others? A cult? Ancestors of the pirates that were on the Black Rock?

Are there any other survivors from the flight and where are they?

Fantastic episode though

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I loved the finale, simply spellbinding...seeing all the characters end up on the plane was moving...

Yeah, we still don't know what's down that hatch, but we do know it isn't like some 10 foot deep container. It goes waaaaaaaay down there.

Some things I found on the boards afterwards:

- If you watch the scene in which Hurley is driving his cart through the airport, he passes behind a group of women soccer players…they each are wearing one of the numbers in Hurley’s lotto numbers.

- The gate of their plane was 23, one of the numbers

- He gave the guy $1600 for the that cart, 16 is one of his number

- An obscure link: The girl shown drawing the numbers when Hurley wins the lottery is the same girl that Sawyer is sleeping with in his flashback

There is also this link:

http://img280.echo.cx/img280/2847/turbinemanomgwtfisthat5mr.gif

A capture from the first episode that seems to show a shadow hitting the engine of the plane…much like the monster shadows we saw tonight.

Mike

CardinalChris

Big Man Himself
Reaction score
Evil Ash said:
Yeah there's a few more

like Who or what are the others? A cult? Ancestors of the pirates that were on the Black Rock?

Are there any other survivors from the flight and where are they?

Fantastic episode though

If they are from the pirate ship, where'd they get the boat with the outboard motor?

I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL FALL!!!!

CardinalChris

Big Man Himself
Reaction score
Zona90 said:

What is in the hatch?

Anything else?

Nano-monter? Anybody read Prey? But I keep going back to the producers saying it is much more simple than we are imagining.

Also, I am pretty sure Hurley doesn't know what the numbers stand for. He just heard them.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did notice that at first when the 2 boats met, they made it seem like the guy talking had been out there for a while and was going to say they were the survivors, so maybe the others are the other survivors. Also on Jimmy Kimmel, the lottery girl that hooked up with Sawyer is Michaels real life wife. Did anyone else think that Sawyer looked very bad @#% when he was about to pull the gun out.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love this show! Did not expect the hatch to have that ladder going way, way down. Who the heck is gonna be the first one to go down it?

What's gonna happen to Sawyer, Michael and Jin now that their boat is on fire and they are 15 miles out from the island?

I didn't expect the science guy to blow up.

Thought it was funny when the lady at the gate tells Hurley that it's his lucky day and when Sawyer was reading the messages and said "Who's Hugo and how does he have all this money?" Wonder if the bottle survived the explosion and if it will go somewhere important.

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jersey Girl Cards Fan said:
Love this show! Did not expect the hatch to have that ladder going way, way down. Who the heck is gonna be the first one to go down it?

Wonder if the bottle survived the explosion and if it will go somewhere important.

2 things.

The ladder didnt go all the way down. Only about 10 feet or so. So they either need a long long rope or someone needs to jump.

Also forget the bottle how are the 3 guys going to survive? They are 15 miles out with no boat. :shrug: Think they are dead?

Good show. Didnt move fast enough as usual for me. See Locke wanted to go down that hole? Seems obvious it was a man-made trap. Think the monster is just audio with several traps laid around it.

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
swd1974 said:
Good show. Didnt move fast enough as usual for me. See Locke wanted to go down that hole? Seems obvious it was a man-made trap. Think the monster is just audio with several traps laid around it.

Just audio? Did you see the clouds of smoke? Did you see that tree next to him suddenly uproot? Or was it the monsters foot?

Not just a hole in the ground...but the monster does sound mechanical and you heard chains maybe when he was being dragged...

Mike

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty cool show, when they got the beach and there was just a fire but no "others" I immediately said they're after Walt not Claire's baby. Frenchie said she heard them say they wanted the child, she assumed baby, but it was Walt. My guess is they knew one of the children was "special" and assumed it was Claire's baby so they took her. Later they realized it wasn't her baby it was Walt, so they let her go?

That doesn't explain why she scratched Frenchie, unless Frenchie was with the others when they took Claire.

The one "negative" for me is I'm more and more convinced that this is a story where the ending is completely unwritten and unknown, they're making it up as they go along and they have no idea where it's going. It's great to watch but I think listening to things they said earlier on about it being simple is probably a bad idea because I really believe where they are now is nowhere near where they started to go when the show started.

Very cool though.

AS for the guys in the water, I'm assuming they'll get the rope they used tow the rudder back, and hang onto the rudder. I was a bit puzzled by that whole scene is it me or would a section of tail from the plane(I think that's what the rudder was) really float?

Amazing show, it's going to suck having to wait until September for more shows but at least it gives them ample time to film a bunch of them.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:
There is also this link:

http://img280.echo.cx/img280/2847/turbinemanomgwtfisthat5mr.gif

A capture from the first episode that seems to show a shadow hitting the engine of the plane…much like the monster shadows we saw tonight.

Mike
Wow, I didn't even notice that. I have no freaknig clue what's going on so I won't dumb down the rest of the board with some left field theory.

Unbelievable show.

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:
Just audio? Did you see the clouds of smoke? Did you see that tree next to him suddenly uproot? Or was it the monsters foot?

Not just a hole in the ground...but the monster does sound mechanical and you heard chains maybe when he was being dragged...

Mike

Yeah think they were mechanical traps made to uproot trees and such. You could see the chain dragging Locke in a few of the frames. Kinda of like a bear trap but one that drags you to a hole.

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
AS for the guys in the water, I'm assuming they'll get the rope they used tow the rudder back, and hang onto the rudder. I was a bit puzzled by that whole scene is it me or would a section of tail from the plane(I think that's what the rudder was) really float?.

When it broke off and sawyer swam out to it he said it was sinking.

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
BTW if the purgatory thing is true what did Locke do to get here? So far all we have seen is that he gave a kidney up to an awful father.

How did he get in the wheelchair?

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
swd1974 said:
2 things.

The ladder didnt go all the way down. Only about 10 feet or so. So they either need a long long rope or someone needs to jump.

Also forget the bottle how are the 3 guys going to survive? They are 15 miles out with no boat. :shrug: Think they are dead?

On the ladder - I am not suer we can accurately say how far down the ladder goes since they used that camera movement to fade to black so it could have been just camera play...or not.

Dudes in H2O - No way they kill off Sawyer...at least not at this point. One of them may perish but the only logical one is Korean and I am not sure they even kill him off.

Great show.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AZCB34 said:
On the ladder - I am not suer we can accurately say how far down the ladder goes since they used that camera movement to fade to black so it could have been just camera play...or not.

Dudes in H2O - No way they kill off Sawyer...at least not at this point. One of them may perish but the only logical one is Korean and I am not sure they even kill him off.

Great show.

I'm thinking they're not really even 15 miles offshore. Offshore for sure but I'm thinking they're a lot closer to that island than they think. They are certainly in shark infested waters with Sawyer possibly wounded and more than one of them probably bleeding though so that certainly isn't a good thing.

Lot of cliffhangers for sure.

jf-08

chohan
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking another ship/boat may see the flames and come to rescue the floaters.

The bon fire is perhaps a marker for the Others to find their way in the dark?

I thought too that the Others were descendants of the pirates. They perhaps got the boat from pirating? :shrug:

Does anyone else think the dude/girl who throught the Molitav cocktail onto the raft is the Frenchie chicks son?

I didn't expect Arnst to get blown up. They spent some time in developing his character so that really shocked me. "Dude you have a piece of Arnst on you" - :biglaugh:

I also don't think Hugo knows what the numbers mean.

The rudder is not buoyant.

I don't have any idea what the security system is. They finally made it sound mechanical though. But what the heck are the apparitions?

Did anyone else just expect Claire to shout out "The dingo took my baby?"