Lost

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What Walt said was backwards so someone on a fan message board recorded it and played it backwards - sounds like he says, "Don't press the button. The button is bad." My guess is that it was the execute button on the keyboard.

The hatch seemed to have things from all eras - washer and dryer looked new, and so did the detergent and most of the kitchen area. The lava lamp could be from the 90s (it looked like a 90s version) or from the 60s. The rest of the furniture looked like 60s or 70s. The Mama Cass song was recorded in the 70s. The phonograph, etc. Exercise bike was an older model. The computer equipment in the 80s.

There was an interesting logo on the door to his drugs, the uniform he put on, and on the wall - an octagon shape with some symbol in the middle. So some sort of secretive group based on the insignia.

The mural on the wall had a sun, houses, an arrow pointing up, the number 16, 42 and 108, and a picture of an eye, the letter ‘M’ and the word ‘sick’ (“I am sick”). It looked like it was painted by a child.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jefftheshark said:
Look at the numbers on the vials the guy was injecting.

The Shark

PS And why was the comic book cover Walt was reading blurred out on the recap show?

Yeah I noticed the blurring too that was odd.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Crazy episode. Loved it!

I didn't realize that dude was in the hatch until the explosion either, Mike. I just figured it was another flashback, but I knew it didn't look like anyone on the island.

Desmond also had a pretty decent looking blender, I thought.

I am so freaking confused with this show, but I love it. The previews for next week really didn't show anything, which was a little disappointing because I need more LOST!

Ya know, I thought this whole premise might be something similar to that movie "The Game" but it would seem too complex, I think. Plus, people have died so it doesn't seem like that could be it.

So Desmond. He says he was almost a doctor. What else did he say? "Lift it up." He said that when he was talking to Jack. I thought he might like to lift up a prayer or something, but then he said it was the ankle. I am totally flaberghasted as to what he is doing on that island.

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You guys covered all the things i found interesteing but these two tidbits.

1) Desmond said at the statdium that he was preparing for a race around the world.

Perhaps he got caught here in that race and forced to do a job like wake up every morning to give the disable code to a nuke that is prepped to launch?(Just my wacky idea)

2) He said "See you in another life". My wife said maybe that means he is dead but I dont see death as "another life".

maddogkf

You think KFCs still open
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sun Devil Stadium, Sect 27, Row 34, Seat 8
swd1974 said:

1) Desmond said at the statdium that he was preparing for a race around the world.

Perhaps he got caught here in that race and forced to do a job like wake up every morning to give the disable code to a nuke that is prepped to launch?(Just my wacky idea)

2) He said "See you in another life". My wife said maybe that means he is dead but I dont see death as "another life".

i like it

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some things I posted on the Tivo board...my theories...

Well, I don't think we've seen the "entire" lair already...in fact, unless the writers just weren't thinking...the fact that he had to change the mirror location to look up the hatch at the beginning tells me that they were pointed elsewhere for a reason.

If he only had ONE place to look up, then why have it adjustable?

I would venture to guess there are more tunnels, and more entrances that he watches...

I still remember the guy from the first season who had the "rash" during one of the golf episodes...I wonder if people will slowly get sick, the Others are sick, and Desmond was in a safe place, with the rest of the Island some quarantined place.

I think the way they filmed the inside of the hatch, and stuff, it made it seem like Demond's "living space" was close by, when in fact, it might be a long way off...

The fact that he needed mirrors and a telescope to look, instead of just walking over there real quick. The explosion might have been louder if it was so close by.

So it helps explain how he gets supplies and new appliances if he's far enough away to help keep the Lost crew from detecting any planes or supply drops I guess.

I think the Others are sick, the Lost crew has the chance of being sick, and Desmond is some doctor on the Island monitoring it all for a reason...and he keeps himself vaccinated against it somehow.

Mike

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
swd1974 said:

Not sure if I mentioned it before...but he definitely enters in the numbers into the computer in the morning...we saw him only hitting the top keys AND someone counted the strokes, 16, which is the numbers plus spaces, and an enter key.

Also, the bottles of medicine have the numbers on them, if you guys didn't hear that yet.

Mike

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:
Some things I posted on the Tivo board...my theories...

Do you have the link to that site? I can't get enough info on this show.

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:
I think the Others are sick, the Lost crew has the chance of being sick, and Desmond is some doctor on the Island monitoring it all for a reason...and he keeps himself vaccinated against it somehow.

Mike

This crossed my mine as well and I like it. And Desmond is kinda of a doctor. Experiments?

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
swd1974 said:
This crossed my mine as well and I like it. And Desmond is kinda of a doctor. Experiments?

See, I don't know if he's "doing" anything to anyone, he's more like someone forced to watch over it all or something...guns, etc...like he was scared someone was coming down.

No idea though, we haven't seen anything else of the underground stuff to really know.

Mike

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To toot my own horn a bit, lol...we had a 7-question Season 2 prediction contest for the people we had over.

My guess for what was in the hatch before we saw the episode: A network of tunnels, some bunker with food/supplies and a control room.

Got kind of close :)

Mike

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How about this theory? Desmond is Jack's half brother. After all, he called him brother a few times. And why did Jack's dad decide to take off for Australia of all places? Maybe that's were Desmond was living?

I can't wait for the next episode.

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jersey Girl Cards Fan said:
How about this theory? Desmond is Jack's half brother. After all, he called him brother a few times. And why did Jack's dad decide to take off for Australia of all places? Maybe that's were Desmond was living?

Interesting...

Next episode will likely focus on the people who were on the raft...at least I think so.

Mike

maddogkf

You think KFCs still open
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sun Devil Stadium, Sect 27, Row 34, Seat 8

:thud:

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:
Interesting...

Next episode will likely focus on the people who were on the raft...at least I think so.

Mike

I heard there was nothing about the raft until episode three, but I can't remember where I heard that from.

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I heard there was nothing about the raft until episode three, but I can't remember where I heard that from.

Oh wow...well, I heard for sure that Episode 3 would explain more of what they saw in the hatch...like what we saw last night would be explained.

Mike

nathan

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The preview for 2x02 said something about the fate of all the survivors being known, so I think it's pretty safety to assume Sawyer/Michael/Jin will appear.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Remember when Walt appeared and was whispering, and then he was gone? I found a post that might explain it. It's very complicated.

Roussau's Genetic Mirror Theory!
on: Sep 22 @ 12:59 PM
I signed up just to share this information with you guys - it's likely that you might already know it/have heard it...but I thought it too crazy to pass by. So please excuse me if this is old news! I'm feeling really stupid that you might have...but oh well!

I recently found an interesting natuarlly occuring thoery found in our world that states everyone has a mirror image somewhere in the world. You may have heard of this. Its called Roussau's genetic mirror theory, and I must say it is very interesting. Roussau's genetic mirror theory says that everyone in the world has an exact twin somewhere, however according to the theory you never encounter this person, by laws of probablitly and other natuaral occuring phemnomen. Its the theory that was devised by a French Mathematician named Marseille Roussau in the year 1988. He used a series of numbers to explain his theory. Now I know you're not going to believe this but here goes.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Let me explain...

The 4 stands for 4 degrees of separation (not 6 or 7 as commonly stated.) Roussau believed that everyone in the world was connected by four different people. So in theory could meet yourself by using four different people connected to you. Example: Your brother's, boss's, neighbor nephew, knows your mirror. Hard to believe, I know but keep reading.

The 8 stands for the eight continent, or the only place in the world where you could meet your mirror. He calculated it to be somewhere in the south pacific. Now we know its not actually as large as the other contintents but its used figurtively because everyone in all 7 continents could meet there mirror on the 8th universal continent.

The 15 stands for the chances of you acually meeting yourself on this place, as in 15 out of 4,815,162,342. Look at the second set "815." Ring any bells? Interesting huh?

The 16 stands for the maximum amount of people that could encounter thier twin all at the same time. Think about the number of main characters.

The 23 is the number of years apart your twin and yourself are. You are not the same age as your twin. By chance and probablity it takes 23 years exactly for the same genes that made you to be connected again to form another you.

The 42 stands for the maximimum number of years your twin and yourself can be alive at the same time. However people do die at diffferent times so thats why everyone isn't dead at 75. For example my twin was born on Sept. 6 2003 b/c i was born on Spet. 6 1980. Now that doesn't mean i will die in the year 2045, I could, but its not set in stone. My twin could die when he is 16, and then the whole thing starts over again.

This is all very complicated and I don't know how well I explained it but the connections with the show are too coinidental to not be real.

Roussau and his team (wife, included) went to the 8th continent. You can figure out how they died and why by the numbers and equations. It also fits with every character. You can predict when they will die. There are others on the island who are twins of the survivors, but have been there 23 years longer.

There is a book Roussau wrote 16 years ago in 1988 when he came up with the theory. Thats where I got it from.

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I read this stuff today as well, almost posted it...interesting theories...

Mike

nathan

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Desmond's accent sounds Irish, but I guess it's possible he could've been living in Australia too.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who ever writes this stuff is mess up!

I think the guy in the hatch is a dude from the 70s who likes to shoot up with Roids in the privacy of his own bunker. This is cleary a shot at Barry Bonds.

Seriously though. I just thought of this one while sitting here. Claire's baby is name's Aaron I think. In a previous episode she says she didn't know what Aaron meant. Aaron means Shining Light(Just looked it up on the internet). I think the Father of Claire's baby is the dude in the Hatch. Remember the shining light that came from there when Freckels got pulled into the bunker. How about them apples!

:?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05