Lost

nathan

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jersey Girl Cards Fan said:
Or it could refer to AL and Jack's dad heading to Australia.

If Libby is dead, then how are we ever gonna find out why she was in the psych ward?
She's still going to appear in a few more flashbacks (including an important one in the finale).

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dback Jon said:
I know - we still need her backstory......

I guess they could bring her up in Hurley flashbacks. I found it strange that he made that comment about getting drunk and remembering where he knows her from when he had never indicated it prior to that.

stompg

Registered
Reaction score
Evil Ash said:
:shrug: I guess I was the only one to see this coming. Michael coming back seemed way too convenient to me.

Now he's one of the converted. Bwahahahahahaha

Has anyone thought of the fact that Michael may not be converted but sick with that mysterious sickness that the french lady was speaking of? Isn't it possible that the others caught him, infected him with it, and then sent him back so that he could either infect them or kill them off? It seems that conversion is too easy of a storyline for this show. If you add the sick people then you have a third faction of people on the island. The survivors, the others, and the sick people.

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
stompg said:
Has anyone thought of the fact that Michael may not be converted but sick with that mysterious sickness that the french lady was speaking of? Isn't it possible that the others caught him, infected him with it, and then sent him back so that he could either infect them or kill them off? It seems that conversion is too easy of a storyline for this show. If you add the sick people then you have a third faction of people on the island. The survivors, the others, and the sick people.

Well, I think since he went there and at the very end, allowed Henry to escape...that he was sent there to free him, and in by doing so...they'd let his son go.

That's my theory anyways.

stompg

Registered
Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:
Well, I think since he went there and at the very end, allowed Henry to escape...that he was sent there to free him, and in by doing so...they'd let his son go.

That's my theory anyways.

Maybe I missed it but did we actually see Henry escape? I just saw Michael shoot himself while looking at Henry. Did they actually show him escape or are we just assuming that he did since Michael shot himself?

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
stompg said:
Maybe I missed it but did we actually see Henry escape? I just saw Michael shoot himself while looking at Henry. Did they actually show him escape or are we just assuming that he did since Michael shot himself?

Assuming I guess...

Who knows what will happen next week.

stompg

Registered
Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:
Assuming I guess...

Who knows what will happen next week.

So, is it possible that Michael simply shot himself to build up animosity among the survivors towards the others? If they think that Henry shot Michael, Ana Lucia, and Libby then they would all be up in arms and no one would question going after the others. Does this make sense?

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
stompg said:
So, is it possible that Michael simply shot himself to build up animosity among the survivors towards the others? If they think that Henry shot Michael, Ana Lucia, and Libby then they would all be up in arms and no one would question going after the others. Does this make sense?

I know what you are saying, but they didn't need convincing, at least at that point. They went to go get the guns.

I think Michael did what he did because they are using Walt. Why would Michael have been gone for so long just to watch them. He didn't need to do that with the small amount of info he knew about them. I think he was captured and is being used to get Henry back. Just my opinion.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
stompg said:

Yes, but it seems out of his nature to kill two people just to build up more animosity toward the others. Plus, Jack was already gung-ho on getting the guns and taking out the others.

In the scenes from next week's episode, it looks like Michael is now locked up in the hatch where Henry was.

Thought it was interesting that Henry brought up, damn, what was that guy's name? Gibson? Henry said he told them all about her, how he (Gibson or whatever) thought he could save her, that she really wasn't that bad. So what. If you were bad, but then started being good you die on this show? Shannon. Ana Lucia. But, if you were good when you came on, you got taken away. Guess it pays to be a jerk on this show.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another thing. If Jack's dad has a daugher from Australia, then isn't it conceivable that Desmond could be his son? I know we talked about this before, but thought I'd bring it up again.

stompg

Registered
Reaction score
KloD said:
I know what you are saying, but they didn't need convincing, at least at that point. They went to go get the guns.

I think Michael did what he did because they are using Walt. Why would Michael have been gone for so long just to watch them. He didn't need to do that with the small amount of info he knew about them. I think he was captured and is being used to get Henry back. Just my opinion.

I think you missed my other post. My theory is that he was actually captured by the other but not converted. I think he was infected with the mysterious sickness that the french lady lost her crew to. And while I think Jack and Locke probably don't need convincing, everyone else probably does. Someone like say Sawyer.

Sawyer seems like the type of guy that treats his friends like crap but will scrap to the end if someone else is trying to treat his friends like crap. Kind of big brother syndrome. I can beat up on my little brother but no one else can. So he may see the killing of Ana Lucia as a vengence opportunity. And it may be that was the reasoning behind the writers having them become more "intimate".

You may very well be right that he was converted but it just seems too simple of a storyline for this show. It doesn't really have any more twists to it.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BTW - this thread has 300+ more posts, and double the views of the next most popular thread in TV/Movies (X-Files) :thumbup:

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
stompg said:
I think you missed my other post. My theory is that he was actually captured by the other but not converted. I think he was infected with the mysterious sickness that the french lady lost her crew to. And while I think Jack and Locke probably don't need convincing, everyone else probably does. Someone like say Sawyer.

Sawyer seems like the type of guy that treats his friends like crap but will scrap to the end if someone else is trying to treat his friends like crap. Kind of big brother syndrome. I can beat up on my little brother but no one else can. So he may see the killing of Ana Lucia as a vengence opportunity. And it may be that was the reasoning behind the writers having them become more "intimate".

You may very well be right that he was converted but it just seems too simple of a storyline for this show. It doesn't really have any more twists to it.

Interesting theory. I don't know if I buy it, but interesting.

No, I don't believe he was converted. That was never my theory. I think his son is being used as a tool to get him to do what they want. Get Henry and/or Kill Ana Lucia and we won't kill Walt. I'm not sure what I think his purpose was? I'm almost leaning towards his being sent to off AL rather than to free Henry. My main reason for not buying into the converting theory is his apology to AL prior to shooting her, I think he was sorry, and the Libby shooting seemed to take him by surprise and he seemed sorry she got mixed up in it. He didn't need to kill either woman, he could have just locked them up once he had the gun. There was a reason he shot them, I think that was his purpose.

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dback Jon said:
BTW - this thread has 300+ more posts, and double the views of the next most popular thread in TV/Movies (X-Files) :thumbup:

I was thinking just that this morning.

Just goes to show how popular this show is.

HOWEVER, in the X-Files defense...if the show was still on right now, it would have wasted this thread :)

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:
I was thinking just that this morning.

Just goes to show how popular this show is.

HOWEVER, in the X-Files defense...if the show was still on right now, it would have wasted this thread :)

Quite possible - poll time coming?? :shrug:

I can find only one thread in the entire site with more views that this thread - the Post your Pic thread in the Cardinals forum.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My jaw is still dropped.

I buy the Jack's Dad is Claire's Dad angle.

So Jack delivered his nephew. Nice.

stompg

Registered
Reaction score
KloD said:
Interesting theory. I don't know if I buy it, but interesting.

No, I don't believe he was converted. That was never my theory. I think his son is being used as a tool to get him to do what they want. Get Henry and/or Kill Ana Lucia and we won't kill Walt. I'm not sure what I think his purpose was? I'm almost leaning towards his being sent to off AL rather than to free Henry. My main reason for not buying into the converting theory is his apology to AL prior to shooting her, I think he was sorry, and the Libby shooting seemed to take him by surprise and he seemed sorry she got mixed up in it. He didn't need to kill either woman, he could have just locked them up once he had the gun. There was a reason he shot them, I think that was his purpose.

That's a good point concerning the apology. I hadn't thought about that. I was operating under the assumption that the sickness brought with it some sort of callousness that allowed you to justify your means but the apology does seem to blow one great big, gaping hole in that theory.

You have to assume that Michael was captured by the others since they gave him specific directions via the computer. I mean the story of him tracking them just doesn't make any sense as he had a specific location and purpose when he left the computer. The question then has to be, when captured was he a) converted, b) infected, or c) extorted. I still like infected more as a storyline but after your explanation extorted probably seems like the more likely scenario.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
My jaw is still dropped.

Or Jacks Dad had an affair with Claire and Jack really delivered his brother.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Last edited:

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
My jaw is still dropped.

Actually Jack didn't deliver the baby. He was attending to Boone. Kate helped deliver the kid.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05