Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
J.J. Abrams on the Lost Finale
Source: SCI FI Wire
May 5, 2006

J.J. Abrams, whose Mission: Impossible III is now opening around the world, talked to SCI FI Wire about the finale of ABC's Lost, which he co-created with Damon Lindelof.

Abrams says the ending to this season surprised even him. "I can tell you that Damon Lindelof has done just that. The ending of this year in 'Lost' blows the ending of last season out of the water. It's an incredible finale. You'll see what happens, but I can tell you that a lot of it has been there and been building from the beginning of this season. It's not out of the blue, but what happens at the very end of this year, for me, it's the greatest finale I have ever heard."

The producers of Lost kicked of new game "The Lost Experience" during May 3rd's episode with a commercial for The Hanso Foundation which contained a phone number, 1-877-HANSORG. The fictitious company's website has also been revamped.

The Lost season finale, "Live Together, Die Alone," will air May 24 at 9 pm ET/PT.

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
J.J. Abrams on the Lost Finale
Source: SCI FI Wire
May 5, 2006

J.J. Abrams, whose Mission: Impossible III is now opening around the world, talked to SCI FI Wire about the finale of ABC's Lost, which he co-created with Damon Lindelof.

Abrams says the ending to this season surprised even him. "I can tell you that Damon Lindelof has done just that. The ending of this year in 'Lost' blows the ending of last season out of the water. It's an incredible finale. You'll see what happens, but I can tell you that a lot of it has been there and been building from the beginning of this season. It's not out of the blue, but what happens at the very end of this year, for me, it's the greatest finale I have ever heard."

The producers of Lost kicked of new game "The Lost Experience" during May 3rd's episode with a commercial for The Hanso Foundation which contained a phone number, 1-877-HANSORG. The fictitious company's website has also been revamped.

The Lost season finale, "Live Together, Die Alone," will air May 24 at 9 pm ET/PT.

Yer killing me here...I can't freaking wait.

nathan

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am pretty sure there isn't going to be that much action in this episode, but it's good to see Eko back in the foreground. Maybe there'll be some new revelations.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nm132 said:
I am pretty sure there isn't going to be that much action in this episode, but it's good to see Eko back in the foreground. Maybe there'll be some new revelations.

This ep they go the the ? on the middle of the iron door map. I can't wait!

nathan

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Darren Aronofsky was originally going to direct this episode, but couldn't once Rachel Weisz got pregnant.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
nm132 said:
Darren Aronofsky was originally going to direct this episode, but couldn't once Rachel Weisz got pregnant.

So we missed out on a double-ended d scene with Rose and Kate then?

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
jenna2891 said:
you didn't want to add validity to this statement?

a-bomb

My first A-Bombless post. Thanks for the intervention!

nathan

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty close to what I expected for this episode. Slow but with some good information. Next week will be awesome.

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nm132 said:
Pretty close to what I expected for this episode. Slow but with some good information. Next week will be awesome.

Yeah, looks like maybe the backstory for Michael and what happened to him...

Good episode..

Did anyone catch that the father of the dead/alive girl was the psychic that told Claire her baby was evil?

At least, I'm pretty sure it was him...he looked damn familiar.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:
Did anyone catch that the father of the dead/alive girl was the psychic that told Claire her baby was evil?

At least, I'm pretty sure it was him...he looked damn familiar.

Yep, that was him.

I loved seeing that the island is indeed a big Skinner Box.

Did you also catch that Dr. Marvin Candle had a different name in that orientation video? And also, he had full use of of both arms, which he didn't have in the Swan orientation video.

Next week......Desmond's back, BRUUUTHA!!!!

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Two more weeks in season 2, is the last episode 2 hours? I thought Desmond was back in the final, not next week?

Edit: Ok I got it, next week and then a two hour episode the final week. Awesome!

Last edited:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
KloD said:
Two more weeks in season 2, is the last episode 2 hours? I thought Desmond was back in the final, not next week?

Edit: Ok I got it, next week and then a two hour episode the final week. Awesome!

You are right. One hour next week, then a two hour finale. I was off by a week for some reason, and Desmond isn't there until the finale, Brutha!

We'll have to wait two more weeks for the return of Desmond, BRUUTHAA!

The finale is supposedly going to blow our minds. I hope it lives up to half the hype. We are rumored to find out just why Oceanic 815 crashed....I can't wait. More black smoke monster, please....

2nd Best Show on network TV. I remember back to the first episode and seeing that dude get sucked into the airplanes turbine and saying..wow...this show could be pretty good. I had no idea.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05