Lost

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
stompg said:
You have to assume that Michael was captured by the others since they gave him specific directions via the computer. I mean the story of him tracking them just doesn't make any sense as he had a specific location and purpose when he left the computer. The question then has to be, when captured was he a) converted, b) infected, or c) extorted. I still like infected more as a storyline but after your explanation extorted probably seems like the more likely scenario.

Right. And that would explain why he grabbed the gun when he originally left the group and told Jack that he needed to do this alone.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jersey Girl Cards Fan said:
Actually Jack didn't deliver the baby. He was attending to Boone. Kate helped deliver the kid.

Correct. His future Auntie Kate.

Hey, nice for Sawyer to finally get some relief on that island. Even if he had to hook up with anna lucifer.

jenna2891

potential get-away driver: go!
Reaction score
on the run from johnny law... ain't no trip to cle
Jersey Girl Cards Fan said:
If Libby is dead, then how are we ever gonna find out why she was in the psych ward?

my guess is libby isn't dead. hurley didn't seem sad at all in the preview for next week. in fact, he seemed like he was bummed for michael, like "sucks you got shot, dude." plus, killing two new girlfriends off by accidental gun shots is too easy.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The scene in which Michael comes to in the hatch was either very poorly acted, or very brilliantly acted. It wasn't believable to me--and, knowing what you know by the end of the episode--for good reason.

Watching I thought--oh, man that's bad acting. But Looking back on it now, maybe the actor playing michael was acting bad on purpose.

jenna2891

potential get-away driver: go!
Reaction score
on the run from johnny law... ain't no trip to cle
Pariah said:
The scene in which Michael comes to in the hatch was either very poorly acted, or very brilliantly acted. It wasn't believable to me--and, knowing what you know by the end of the episode--for good reason.

Watching I thought--oh, man that's bad acting. But Looking back on it now, maybe the actor playing michael was acting bad on purpose.

i was thinking the same thing. it seemed too much like the writers threw that in without thinking about it.

i was also wondering about the way kate, at the beginning, was very quickly insistent that michael was alone, like she didn't want jack to go looking for the others.

nathan

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jenna2891 said:
my guess is libby isn't dead. hurley didn't seem sad at all in the preview for next week. in fact, he seemed like he was bummed for michael, like "sucks you got shot, dude." plus, killing two new girlfriends off by accidental gun shots is too easy.
She's going to be on a new sitcom with the "star" of "Ed" and "Love Monkey", Tom Cavanagh.

jf-08

chohan
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"Lost" Book Clues In Fans

http://news.yahoo.com/s/eo/20060505/en_tv_eo/18962

By Gina Serpe 1 hour, 31 minutes ago

Bad Twin has only been available for three days, but the book has already nabbed endorsements from two high-profile names: Sawyer and Hurley.

Hyperion Books released the mystery novel Tuesday, marking one small step for Lost promotional tie-ins and one giant leap from fiction to reality.

The book, written by fictitious Oceanic Flight 815 passenger Gary Troup—for those without their decoder rings, his name is an anagram of "purgatory"—is being billed as the last manuscript from the author, who supposedly dropped the book off at his publisher just days before perishing on the made-for-TV flight.

ABC announced plans to market the character's book last November and have since managed to crowbar in several scenes which find castaways perusing the manuscript, which miraculously managed to survive the crash, the ocean, the fires and the routine pillages by the seemingly illiterate Others with all its pages in tact.

Just as miraculously, the completed book also managed to find its way to a Disney-owned publishing house.

"We got this manuscript from this guy and we couldn't reach him," Hyperion president Bob Miller told the Associated Press. "He apparently got on this plane in Australia and has been lost at sea."

The book's cover features a tantalizing selling point for would-be Troup fans, declaring the mystery "His Final Novel Before Disappearing on Oceanic Flight 815."

The plot, pieced together for fans who may actually read the book and not just scan lines for clues pertaining to the series, centers on the detective Paul Artisan who is hired to track down the "bad twin" Zander Widmore by his "good twin" Cliff. Along the way, Artisan enlists the help of a good buddy who just so happens to be well-versed in biblical parables and metaphors on the meaning of life.

As expected, Bad Twin is chalk full of cheeky references to the primetime juggernaut, including several mentions of the 17th century philosopher John Locke (that's the sound of legions of Lost fans perking up), a makeshift boat named "Escape Hatch," allusions to life being complicated and unable to be boiled down to something as simple as, say, "a string of numbers," and of course, most of the action takes place on a mysterious—and fictional—island.

"As with every island, there was something slippery and mysterious about Peconciquot," the book reads, per an excerpt from the Toronto Sun. "It was connected to the larger world, and then again it wasn't. It had a logic of its own, a highly local mythology that made perfect sense within its confines yet fitted uneasily with the mind-habits of the world beyond its boundaries."

That clears that up.

For those fans wishing to check out more of Troup's work, they may want to dig up his first novel, The Valenzetti Equation. That is, if it actually existed they might. The book is described as centering on a mathematical equation which predicts the apocalypse and while no more specifics have been released, it's likely Lost fans could hazard an accurate guess as to which numbers may be involved in the solution.

Still, should fans decide to crack open Bad Twin, they'd be in good, albeit fake, company.

On Lost's Feb. 8 episode, Hurley pulled the immaculately preserved manuscript from the plane's wreckage and just this week, unlikely bookworm Sawyer was happened upon extolling the literary merits of the whodunit.

Of course, thinly-veiled as the novel may be, one mystery still remains: Who actually wrote it. While Stephen King and Ridley Pearson, both self-confessed fans of the show, have drawn speculation as the author, harsh critics dismiss the theory, claiming the tome is too poorly written to come from the mystery masterminds. Most likely, the book was a committee effort.

But for those who just aren't into the whole reality thing, an interview with Troup has been made available on Amazon.com.

Lost's season finale airs May 24.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score

HANSO FOUNDATION APOLOGISES FOR DISRUPTION TO NEW WEBSITE:
www.thehansofoundation.org

(May 6, 2006)
It has come to the attention of the Hanso Foundation that
our site is experiencing some sort of disruption. The Foundation gives
our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this has caused - we are
fixing the errors as quickly as we can and will shortly have the site
back in full working order again.

Users of the website can be assured that no data has been compromised,
and the user database has not been penetrated. The intruder has only
managed to breach the primary layer of the site.

Thank you, and namaste.

Hugh McIntyre

Communications Director

About the Hanso Foundation

The Hanso Foundation stands at the vanguard of social and scientific
research for the advancement of the human race. For forty years, the
foundation has offered grants to worthy experiments designed to further
the evolution of the human race and provide technological solutions to
the most pressing problems of our time.

“From the dawn of our species, Man has been blessed with curiosity. Our
most precious gift, without exception, is the desire to know more - to
look beyond what is accepted as the truth and to imagine what is
possible.” Alvar Hanso, Address to the U.N. Security Council, 1967
Media Contact: Hugh McIntyre
(206)
861-5017/[email protected]

http://persephone.thehansofoundation.org
The phone number works...

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
THe persephone site was hidden in the document, I pasted it in my explorer bar and got this:

106 98 111 32 117 98 115 32 114 115 110 102 32 102 118 32 102 118 101 71 32 49 32 108 110 90 32 116 117 98 46 83 69 71 32 103 110 32 111 118 32 116 98 73

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Weird Stuff...

Maybe its the conspiracy buff in me, but if you got to the hansofoundation site and click joops corner and watch the "live web cam" for a minute or two, it goes haywire and what appears to be a person's image appears briefly.

I have done some screen caps, am I crazy?

Attachments

• WTFLost.JPG
    WTFLost.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 84

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I've played with the color a bit, and it does appear to be a persson/persons?

Attachments

• 2WTFLost.JPG
    2WTFLost.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 116

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
LoyaltyisaCurse said:
I've played with the color a bit, and it does appear to be a persson/persons?

I you wait longer the picture of a person comes in pretty clear.
You must be registered for see images attach

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
KloD said:
I you wait longer the picture of a person comes in pretty clear.

I wonder who it is...

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Has anyone figured out the password for this page?

EDIT: When you ask to recieve the newsletter it asks you for a name. Then it goes into a differnt mode and ask if you can see it, type yes. It then asks for a password. If your wrong it sends you back to the original page.

Last edited:

peterman

Veteran
Reaction score
guys I sent this messege on joops page that said namaste and it sent me to this area and it was a letter sent by one of the hanso mebers it was pretty crazy try this if u havent

Last edited:

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
peterman said:
guys I sent this messege that said namaste and it sent me to this area and it was a letter sent by one of the hanso mebers it was pretty crazy try this if u havent

Thanks

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05