Louis Amundson

feioncastor

Reaction score
What do you think of Lou Amundson? I think he's awesome, most of the time. He's everywhere he needs to be, and gets a lot of offensive rebounds or tips the ball in from someone else's shot.

He's an awful FT shooter, but he's not on the court enough for that to be too big of a deal.

Errntknght

Reaction score
Excellent bench player for this team - brings some toughness and lots of hustle to our frontcourt. He needs to work hard on his FTs, though.

Reaction score
Put Amare on the bench and Louis in the starting 5. You will never see the Warriors score 43 in the first quarter......

LV-Suns

Go Suns
Reaction score
Not the first big that I wish to come off the bench.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
What do you think of Lou Amundson? I think he's awesome, most of the time. He's everywhere he needs to be, and gets a lot of offensive rebounds or tips the ball in from someone else's shot.

He's an awful FT shooter, but he's not on the court enough for that to be too big of a deal.
Is that you LOU?:D
Are you fishing for compliments?
Ok yeah i think your having a good year, keep on hustlin' and diving for those loose balls,blocking shots, playing some defense and earning some hustle point's..............but please dude, work on those free throw's please.
If you want to average in double figure's scoring all you have to do is start making your FT's.;)

Makeplays

Rookie
Reaction score
I think Sweet Lou is a positive work in progress. If you've noticed he's starting to develop his own offensive philosophy which is cutting to the basket and competing for put backs.

Lou continues to mature and has put Robin to the pine with his dazzling dunks, blocked shots and hard nosed grit.

I think he can be a starter soon.

lou_skywalker

Registered
Reaction score
Thank u all for ur compliments!!! :p :p :p :p

but seriously i think he is doing very well. he still got a long career to go and i'm sure he will shine bright one day

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Excellent bench player for this team - brings some toughness and lots of hustle to our frontcourt. He needs to work hard on his FTs, though.

:yeahthat:

I like Amundson because he plays with wreckless abandon, however, he seems to be refining his raw skills as time goes on. He sure beats players like Sean Marks, Pike and Pat Burke many times over. Amundson comes to play the game every night. No need to worry about a lack of energy from him.

nowagimp

Reaction score
He's a good 10-15 min player off the bench. He looks better than that on the suns because of the dysfunctional nature of the team. Shaq and and amare stand around on defense avoiding fouls much of the time and Lou steps in and hustles. On another team, he would not be as good because most teams play better defense, and that is what amundsen brings. Frankly I'd rather have diaw, but not at 9M. OK I'd also rather have KT, or James Jones who could play physical D AND shoot. Lou is as great deal at the min level, but the suns could have retained skinner, who is as stronger defending on the block. Frankly, I wish the suns had skinner and not lopez.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's a good 10-15 min player off the bench. He looks better than that on the suns because of the dysfunctional nature of the team. Shaq and and amare stand around on defense avoiding fouls much of the time and Lou steps in and hustles. On another team, he would not be as good because most teams play better defense, and that is what amundsen brings. Frankly I'd rather have diaw, but not at 9M. OK I'd also rather have KT, or James Jones who could play physical D AND shoot. Lou is as great deal at the min level, but the suns could have retained skinner, who is as stronger defending on the block. Frankly, I wish the suns had skinner and not lopez.

That's the bottom line. He is a great deal for a player on a minimum contract, so this is at least a consolation prize. Brian Skinner was a similar type bargain.

Makeplays

Rookie
Reaction score

No way. I would never take the timidness of Diaw over sweet Lou. Never.

nowagimp

Reaction score
If we weren't looking at contracts, I would take Diaw's talent all day long.

Yep, the defense alone is way better than Lou, who doesnt know how to man up down low at the '4', but provides some good help D at times. Diaw has a defensive PER of 12.6 at the '4'. You could call amundsen amare without offense. Amundsen has a defensive PER of 19.4 at the PF, very amare-like, but he does hustle his bones off. Skinner, for comparison defends the '4' at 18.7. Also, Diaw could be posted down low on offense instead of being one more guy who cant command a defender. Frankly, the suns got rid of diaw because he didnt play well with amare. Now amare is considered a poison, he's the goat now. The suns have basically devalued their talent before trading it away by mis using it. Diaw did play well as a starter, and soon he will be better than all the suns big men as the team implodes and they trade everyone. Fans have enabled sarver to do all of this by backing the sequential breakup of team, "goat of the month style" without questioning management strategy or player personnel moves, nice! And in the end the NBA's other teams will get richer and the suns(except in the bottom line) will get poorer. Enjoy the new thrifty version of the pheonix suns, they are almost here!

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No way. I would never take the timidness of Diaw over sweet Lou. Never.

I like Lou as well, however, he is not nearly as talented as Diaw. Diaw was just over-paid. Lou will probably always be a veteran minimum type of player but I definitely see him as a great signing. Diaw was mostly a finesse player with multiple talents. Diaw plays like a violin. Lou plays like a trumpet. There is nothing wrong with that.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I like Lou as well, however, he is not nearly as talented as Diaw. Diaw was just over-paid. Lou will probably always be a veteran minimum type of player but I definitely see him as a great signing. Diaw was mostly a finesse player with multiple talents. Diaw plays like a violin. Lou plays like a trumpet. There is nothing wrong with that.
Ok Street, you take a team of 5 Diaw's and i'll take a team of 5 Lou's and we'll play first team to 10 pts wins.
My prediction: The Diaw's spend the entire game passing to each other when they get to the rim and after 3 hours the Lou's finally muster up 10 pts for the win!:p

nowagimp

Reaction score
Ok Street, you take a team of 5 Diaw's and i'll take a team of 5 Lou's and we'll play first team to 10 pts wins.
My prediction: The Diaw's spend the entire game passing to each other when they get to the rim and after 3 hours the Lou's finally muster up 10 pts for the win!:p

Just hack a lou and he'll never get to 10.;)

Makeplays

Rookie
Reaction score

I can't agree with you more. Diaw had to be one of the most frustrating sports figures to watch ever!

I don't see how ANYONE could say he was an asset to the team. Overpaid and underachieved. Plain and simple.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't agree with you more. Diaw had to be one of the most frustrating sports figures to watch ever!

I don't see how ANYONE could say he was an asset to the team. Overpaid and underachieved. Plain and simple.

I don't see how you can say that he wasn't. Overpaid and underachieved is one thing. Not an asset at all is just silly.

How can no asset get traded for Jason Richardson?

:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just hack a lou and he'll never get to 10.;)

Now I hope teams don't start playing hack-a-Lou. :)

I seriously like Lou Amundsen because of his relentless effort and athleticism. He brings it every game.

In regard to mojorizen7's comment, I would never want Lou to guard me in a game of pick-up basketball or anywhere else. Talk about ending up black and blue.:hairraise

nowagimp

Reaction score

Some players arent as entertaining as others and you have to accept them as they are. Too many here wanted Diaw to be a proto PF, but these same individuals never noticed his defense(12.6PER at PF) which is way better than the other suns and most NBA players. Diaw was always much better as a starter as the spacing on the floor is much better than with the second unit. Because he doesnt have a good perimeter shot, he needs to be on the floor with shooter to get the spacing. By the way Hill, and Barnes are also much better playing with the first unit as well. The suns just didnt have the starting spot for Diaw, and that being he was overpaid for his limited reserve role. You obviously dont agree with larry brown, hmmm, I think Larry proved his knowledge when the bobcat turned it around after the trade, with wins over the celtics and lakers before Gerald wallace went down.

Last edited:

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Diaw did play well as a starter, and soon he will be better than all the suns big men

I guess you haven't been following Diaw all that closely lately. Here are the numbers for his last five games:

37.4 minutes
12.8 points
4.2 rebounds
4.0 assists
4.4 turnovers (!!)
0 wins, 5 losses

Looks like the bloom is already off the rose. At least he gave the Suns a good full season. His effort in Charlotte lasted, what, six weeks?

nowagimp

Reaction score
I guess you haven't been following Diaw all that closely lately. Here are the numbers for his last five games:

37.4 minutes
12.8 points
4.2 rebounds
4.0 assists
4.4 turnovers (!!)
0 wins, 5 losses

Looks like the bloom is already off the rose. At least he gave the Suns a good full season. His effort in Charlotte lasted, what, six weeks?

Yep after Gerald wallace went down the bobcats have huge problems. Without a back up PG(DJ Augustin) and the starting Sf/best defender, the bobcats are in big trouble as they dont have many options. But of course I didnt expect you to factor that in since you made your conclusion before even considering that. But I guess you didnt "read the post, as you were supposed to".

Here you go eric:

"I think Larry proved his knowledge when the bobcat turned it around after the trade, with wins over the celtics and lakers before Gerald wallace went down. "