Marmie continues to rebuild the Cardinals in St. Louis...

Red Air Force

DILLIGAFF
Reaction score
Rams | Eason Agrees To Terms - from www.KFFL.com
Sat, 12 Jun 2004 12:03:32 -0700

Kathleen Nelson, of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, reports the St. Louis Rams have agreed to terms with free agent DB Nijrell Eason (Cardinals). Terms of the deal were undisclosed.

I can't wait to see how sucessfull Marmie is in instituting his "Bend and then Break" defense! :thumbup:

Bobcat

Reaction score
CaliforniaCard said:
I can't wait to see how sucessfull Marmie is in instituting his "Bend and then Break" defense! :thumbup:

I guess it is "GO WITH WHAT YOU KNOW DEFENSE." Marmie knows nothing so he goes with what he knows best.

Allan :shrug:

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I wonder if thats Eason's wife reporting the story?

Anyway, what do you think rams fans are saying right about now? I bet they're trying to be brave, and putting a positive spin on the Marmie hiring. They're probably saying our defensive failures last year were due to poor talent.

But deep in their hearts you know their afraid of Marmies "have your teams will broken by 7 consecutive plays for a first down, and then give up an easy 10-yard touchdown pass" defense.

Marmies 2004 performance in STL will be a somewhat less successful version of 2003's Jake in Denver. Better talent surrounding the person in question, but less talent for the person in question.

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
Crimson Warrior said:
I wonder if thats Eason's wife reporting the story?

Anyway, what do you think rams fans are saying right about now? I bet they're trying to be brave, and putting a positive spin on the Marmie hiring. They're probably saying our defensive failures last year were due to poor talent.

But deep in their hearts you know their afraid of Marmies "have your teams will broken by 7 consecutive plays for a first down, and then give up an easy 10-yard touchdown pass" defense.

Marmies 2004 performance in STL will be a somewhat less successful version of 2003's Jake in Denver. Better talent surrounding the person in question, but less talent for the person in question.

They'll be a slower, less aggressive defense.

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Under Lovie they at least managed to get some pressure and TOs. I don't see that happening this year.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Plus this:

"Rams | Police & Courts: Shivers Pleads Guilty in DUI Case - from www.KFFL.com
Sun, 13 Jun 2004 10:06:44 -0700

Kathleen Nelson, of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, reports St. Louis Rams rookie S Jason Shivers, who was charged with a DUI in February prior to the NFL Scouting Combine, pleaded guilty last month and paid an undisclosed fine. "

Isnt pleading guilty to a DUI an automatic 4 game suspension?

Dan H

ASFN Addict
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
joeshmo said:
Plus this:

"Rams | Police & Courts: Shivers Pleads Guilty in DUI Case - from www.KFFL.com
Sun, 13 Jun 2004 10:06:44 -0700

Kathleen Nelson, of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, reports St. Louis Rams rookie S Jason Shivers, who was charged with a DUI in February prior to the NFL Scouting Combine, pleaded guilty last month and paid an undisclosed fine. "

Isnt pleading guilty to a DUI an automatic 4 game suspension?

Good grief, he "plead guilty", he didn't "pleaded guilty." WTF.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You would think....

this a huge advantage to the Cards. One would think we would know his every move when we face them. Also, this defense will have to do it without Winstrom and most likely that idiot Leonard Little!!!
Don't forget though that the Rams defense doesn't have to hold anybody to 10 pts a game to win. They still have all their weapons on offense.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
vikesfan said:
Under Lovie they at least managed to get some pressure and TOs. I don't see that happening this year.

Welcome back VF. I can't wait to hear our o-linemen saying "we knew exactly what they were gonna do on every play 'cause we knew their defensive audibles." That'll be great.

Rams4evah

Veteran
Reaction score
Don't blame the coordinator, blame the talent. Marmie has talent now, and also knows the weaknesses of the Cardinal players. He'll do fine. Both times I saw the Cardinals play (we beat them) and the players lost the game, not the plays. Maybe Eason will actually be taught how to play now that he's a Ram.

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Rams4evah said:
Don't blame the coordinator, blame the talent. Marmie has talent now, and also knows the weaknesses of the Cardinal players. He'll do fine. Both times I saw the Cardinals play (we beat them) and the players lost the game, not the plays. Maybe Eason will actually be taught how to play now that he's a Ram.

WOW!!!!!!!

Rams4evah

Veteran
Reaction score
O said:
WOW!!!!!!!

Think about it: Marmie was considered a great defensive guru until he came to Az. Why would a top notch organizition like the Rams give him a job if he sucks as bad as all of you think?

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rams4evah said:
Think about it: Marmie was considered a great defensive guru until he came to Az. Why would a top notch organizition like the Rams give him a job if he sucks as bad as all of you think?

It is a plot from the Cardinal organization to break up the Rams. They gave the Rams Marmie and now they are giving them all their castoffs. Just think, this coming season, your defense will be as good as the Cards was last year. Aren't you just thrilled?

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I don't know who considered him a "guru" certainly not the people from Arizona who have been stuck with Marmie since his days at ASU.
The only reason he has that job is because of his friendship with Martz.
Check back with us at the end of the season and tell us what you think of Marmie then.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Rams4evah said:

The Rams a top-notch organization? Obviously you jumped on the bandwagon after '99. Get lost douchebag.

Rams4evah

Veteran
Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:
The Rams a top-notch organization? Obviously you jumped on the bandwagon after '99. Get lost douchebag.

How about you tell me how the Rams aren't a top notch organization?

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rams4evah said:
How about you tell me how the Rams aren't a top notch organization?

The biggest problem is their fans. Most of them aren't too bright.

Rams4evah

Veteran
Reaction score
40yearfan said:
The biggest problem is their fans. Most of them aren't too bright.

You don't like Rams fans because most were Cardinal fans once apon a time and got tired of waiting for a winner.

Rams4evah

Veteran
Reaction score
I think I made my point. You can't tell me why the Rams aren't a great organization. The Rams built powerful squads during the 1940s and 1950s, winning an NFL championship and six Western Division titles. From 1949 to 1951 Waterfield and fellow quarterback Norm Van Brocklin guided the Rams to three consecutive Western Division championships.
Former Chicago Bears assistant George Allen was named head coach in 1966 and steered Los Angeles to Western Division titles in 1967 and 1969 with lineups featuring quarterback Roman Gabriel, wide receiver Jack Snow, and defensive linemen Deacon Jones and Merlin Olsen.
Knox led the Rams to five consecutive division crowns, recording a 54-15-1 regular-season win-loss-tie record from 1973 to 1977. Ray Malavasi became the Rams’ head coach in 1978. A former defensive coordinator for the Rams, Malavasi extended the team’s streak of division titles in 1978 and 1979, for a total of seven straight.
Superstar running back Eric Dickerson powered Los Angeles to four consecutive playoff appearances from 1983 to 1986, and In 1988 the passing combination of quarterback Jim Everett and wide receiver Henry Ellard led the Rams to a wild card playoff berth.
And as you know, in 1999 the Rams posted a 13-3 record and won their division. Quarterback Kurt Warner, who threw for 41 touchdowns, was named the NFL player of the year.
After losing in the first round of the playoffs the next season, the Rams went 14-2 in 2001 and returned to the Super Bowl, where they lost to the New England Patriots. Warner won his second player of the year award.
That my friend, is a quality organization.

Last edited: