Martz outcouched Denny

8ndkorner

Registered
Reaction score
100%CardsFan said:
Please dont tell me Jeepers is VF.. Well actually I hope it is cause it is almost impossible that there are two people that stupid on the face of this earth.

Can't be. He's calling Denny out. But that other NEM guy is possible.

I thought the flea flicker to open was not conservative. That may keep NE guessing in preparation next week. We are in for a nice ride if Denny keeps that up.

And, many on this board thought we had no chance this week. As long as this team is competitive.

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
100%CardsFan said:
AZDad, You are one of my favorite posters on here, you dont have to explain your comment......You know how much I hate VF :D :thumbup:

sorry for what I said man, but both of us hate VF. :wave:

100%CardsFan

100% embarrassed
Reaction score
azdad1978 said:
sorry for what I said man, but both of us hate VF. :wave:

Seriously bro dont worry about it. You dont have to apologize. Alot of people throw that word around. Now if someone specificaly said something about my bro and his illness than that would be a problem but seriously man, you dont need to apologize.

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
I keep telling you...

Jeepers is NOT Vikesfan...it's his ex-wife!

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Redheart said:
Jeepers is NOT Vikesfan...it's his ex-wife!

Nah, I doubt jeepers is a woman. He's not smart enough.

zing to all the males out there ;) :p :)

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
thirty-two said:
Nah, I doubt jeepers is a woman. He's not smart enough.

zing to all the males out there ;) :p :)

I didn't say female...notice the "it's" part. :D

You, however, are a woman of impeccable taste and judgment!

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Redheart said:
I didn't say female...notice the "it's" part. :D

You, however, are a woman of impeccable taste and judgment!

hey thanks! :)

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Poor game day coaching didn't do us in. Being out classed with regard to both our O-line and D-line had a lot to do with it. That and the fact that both Holt and Bruce made some insane plays against pretty good coverage.

The only coaching decision I might have questioned all day might have been the decision to kick the FG instead of trusting the offense to pick up short yardage on 4th down. And that's one of those calls that could go either way and make geniuses of those who guess right and bums of those who guess wrong.

We're only a few things away from being a pretty good team. But those things are pretty big ones -

1. We have to play the run better - and stop guys like Faulk.

2. Our O-line has to open holes the way it did in the second half - not the way they didn't in the first half.

3. Clement and Davis have to be more consistent guarding against the outside pass rush.

4. The D-line cannot bite on stutter counts.

5. The O-line cannot commit that many false start screwups.

6. McCown and his receivers have to get more on the same page and Josh has to become better at hitting receivers in the end zone.

We accomplish those six objectives and play as well as we did in other areas of the game and we'll become a playoff team pretty quickly. But those are formidable ifs.

Angryguy

Reaction score
I thought penalties killed us today. Besides it's Greens first game in a few years. Give the guy a break.

CardinalChris

Big Man Himself
Reaction score
Martz made some HORRIBLE calls throwing when he should have run with a lead and a leaky defense... Green made this game competative with MUCH less talent on the road. I mean we are talking a top 10 team in the NFL barely got a win against a bottom 5 team talent wise. Yeah, Martz schooled him. BTW, Arizona doesn't get those calls because we have a perception of being rollovers..... Like apitcher with control issues not getting close calls. Denny will change that. Just ask St. Louis.

CardinalChris

Big Man Himself
Reaction score
JeffGollin said:

1. We have to play the run better - and stop guys like Faulk.

*WOn't happen this season. Big plays will be a must with the talent we have on defense.

2. Our O-line has to open holes the way it did in the second half - not the way they didn't in the first half.

*Great statement. Hopefully consistancy will come and show itself more.

3. Clement and Davis have to be more consistent guarding against the outside pass rush.

*Yeah, this stunted the passing game as much if not more than Quan not playing.

4. The D-line cannot bite on stutter counts.

*While annoying, it shows some aggression. Hopefully that energy can be turned into some pressure on the QB.

5. The O-line cannot commit that many false start screwups.

*It was DAMN loud there.

6. McCown and his receivers have to get more on the same page and Josh has to become better at hitting receivers in the end zone.

*Preseason injuries and protection hurt this. I expect it to only get better as the season goes on.

We accomplish those six objectives and play as well as we did in other areas of the game and we'll become a playoff team pretty quickly. But those are formidable ifs.

I think 4 of those objectives are very attainable by the end of the season.

Sam Wise

Big, Dumb, Stupid Looking
Reaction score
Man you all are a hateful lot. We lost this game because we had absolutely ZERO pressure on Bulger. I thought we should have mixed up our Blitzes a little more. Heck I don't even remember Wilson trying to get in there. Also we ned some plays designed for Josh to roll out and Bootleg it. He did pretty good staying in the pocket, but use the boys natural abilities. We did give the rams all they could handle. Emmitt looked very good.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Martz outcouched Denny
I seriously hope I never get "outcouched", that would suck major ass!!!!

You must be registered for see images attach

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ryanwb said:
I seriously hope I never get "outcouched", that would suck major ass!!!!

Attachments

• BIM'd.jpg
    BIM'd.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 99

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
Dude, there is no way Denny got out couched by Martz with the money Green is getting paid to coach.

I expect Green's wife will be having a great time with the decorating (sp?)! :)

maddogkf

You think KFCs still open
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sun Devil Stadium, Sect 27, Row 34, Seat 8
jeepers said:
Martz adapted to the flow. Dennis didn't.

I thought that he should have worked the officials a liitl better.

He let his players hanging.

That's a difficult part of the gane.

Denny doesn't get thos calls.
Exactly how didn't he adjust?

Making generic comments like this just emphasize on how much of an ass you really are

maddogkf

You think KFCs still open
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sun Devil Stadium, Sect 27, Row 34, Seat 8
jeepers said:
Being outcoached by Mike Martz is hard to take. So be it!

I can recall at least three plays that Denny gave too much latitiude to Josh.

But I'm OK with the learning curve.

We have some stud receivers to build on.

That's refreshing!
Martz' game plan was horrible. We couldn't stop the run, so he stciks with the pass.

A starting NFL QB shuld have latitude with the offense. If there is only 3 pl;ays thenthat is not enough.

Do you know football?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CardinalChris said:
Martz made some HORRIBLE calls throwing when he should have run with a lead and a leaky defense... Green made this game competative with MUCH less talent on the road. I mean we are talking a top 10 team in the NFL barely got a win against a bottom 5 team talent wise. Yeah, Martz schooled him. BTW, Arizona doesn't get those calls because we have a perception of being rollovers..... Like apitcher with control issues not getting close calls. Denny will change that. Just ask St. Louis.

Pasch and Mistler were chuckling about this on air, boy you'd think they'd run there but not Martz, he'll probably throw again. He just likes to do the unconventional.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
green machine said:
I thought the coaching wasn't bad today, not sure how Martz outcoached Denny in this one.

One problem that seemed clear was that we stayed in a zone coverage throughout the first half. The Rams quick slant in passes were open on every play and almost uncontested as our DB's were playing so far back. That zone might work with other teams but with the Rams and their receivers they can eat you alive. I would think the our defense might vary the coverage from time to time hoping the QB might not pick it up.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
green machine said:
I thought the coaching wasn't bad today, not sure how Martz outcoached Denny in this one.

We were beat by a team with vastly superior player personnel. I could have coached the Rams and won. Green did a few things wrong but so did Martz by not running the ball every play as we could not stop the run even if we knew it was comming.