Matt Leinart's Personal Life Merge Thread

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
No, a statement was smart. Otherwise, he would've been hounded by reporters in every press conference until he did say something. Off the cuff, he might say something he regretted. Now, he can say, "I said all I'm going to say about that" if asked. He's done with it. If Leinart's smart, which I'm kind of doubting now, he'll release a statement too.

Yeah, maybe you're right.

To me it's not an issue, to the press, it's the worlds biggest issue, they probably wouldn't have just let it go.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The media is populated with opportunistic asshats who can't write their way out of a dime-store mystery novel. Yeah, I'm talking to you Dickley.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"Matt called me Monday morning and we spoke for a while," Whisenhunt said. "I reiterated to him the type of behavior that we expect at all times from our players. He understands that as well as the level of scrutiny that he's under because of who he is. It's being handled internally. I was disappointed but at the same time have no doubts about his commitment to this football team or his ability to lead it."

Whiz said it well.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
If Leinart grew up on a farm, attended Kansas, and didn't have any celebrities as friends there wouldn't be 1/10th of the attention this is getting.
Yeah, on that same website there was a blurb about Derek Glasser supposedly being a homosexual. And Boris Diaw's late night Scottsdale hijinks are on there as well. My brother reads that website all the time and sends me links fairly often, and for better or worse it's exposing some dirty laundry of certain local celebrities.

And you're right about one thing - Matt should be smarter than this. I know he's a bright kid but even I realize that if you party with college girls there's a chance you end up on one of these stupid websites like facebook or myspace or whatever where you're at anyone with the internet's mercy.

Last edited:

Jay Cardinal

Die Hard Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
The girl is only 20 that he is giving a beer bong to in the pictures. Seems like a pretty big deal to me. Read about it at thedirty.com

Cards Czar

The Bird is the Word
Reaction score
Leinart is 24 going on 25. I think it is time to grow up. Not saying he should get married and start popping out more kids, but pouring beer bongs down co-eds throats isn't what I call getting ready for the season. Time to buy the off-season home in Newport, surf to blow off steam, and spend 6 to 8 hours a day working out, studying the playbook, and working on timing routes with teammates.

The photos do a lot to reveal Leinart's state of mind if not outright denial of his age.

He is acting like a 20 somthing year old. So i guess when you hit 24-25 you can only drink Ice tea and eat twinkies while reading the Hardy Boys. Get with it. Who are you to pass judgement. Ever have a pool party at your house? You would do the same thing if you where his age and had a bunch of pretty girls there. If you did some research you would know that he is at the Cardinals Facility all the time studing film and hiting the weights to make himself better. Geessss you all need to get a life.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think this is crazy. What is Matt supposed to do, live under a rock?

I am a 36-year-old single woman who teaches special ed. Last weekend for me included partying in Old Town until 1 a.m. on Friday, strolling the Tempe Arts Festival (along with hitting numerous bars) on Saturday afternoon and bar-hopping in Old Town again on Saturday evening. On Sunday I was up until 1:30 a.m. hanging with friends, though no alcohol was involved.

None of this affected my performance or how I did my job on Monday morning. And I am grateful that my life isn't on public display because I am sure someone would have something to say about it.

We see a small glimpse, folks. Cut the kid a break. Talk to me when voluntary camp comes around.

And, as far as the 20-year-old goes, how many of you DIDN'T have a drink at that age?

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I think this is crazy. What is Matt supposed to do, live under a rock?

I am a 36-year-old single woman who teaches special ed. Last weekend for me included partying in Old Town until 1 a.m. on Friday, strolling the Tempe Arts Festival (along with hitting numerous bars) on Saturday afternoon and bar-hopping in Old Town again on Saturday evening. On Sunday I was up until 1:30 a.m. hanging with friends, though no alcohol was involved.

None of this affected my performance or how I did my job on Monday morning. And I am grateful that my life isn't on public display because I am sure someone would have something to say about it.

We see a small glimpse, folks. Cut the kid a break. Talk to me when voluntary camp comes around.

And, as far as the 20-year-old goes, how many of you DIDN'T have a drink at that age?

:yeahthat:

You go girl!
(Why don't we have that smiley?)

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So says you! :)

:p

I'd be happy to show you my lesson plan for Monday, my latest review and all the nice notes I have received from parents telling me how wonderful I am and how much they appreciate that I have helped their kids.

:toottoot: :)

And it's not even my off-season yet. :p

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
The media is populated with opportunistic asshats who can't write their way out of a dime-store mystery novel. Yeah, I'm talking to you Dickley.

So true, it gets to be a sig for a week. :thumbup:

Even though it doesn't show in this post for some reason. :lol:

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
My biggest concern with this is why only one of the girls he was partying with is can be considered that good looking.

Walking around ASU (or U of A) you could pick out 50+ girls that are more attractive than the entire bunch. For Lachey, it is just sad, the guy is what? 33? Please tell me these guys can't line up hot girls over 21...

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
This should be interesting should Matty continue to suck or otherwise not come close to fulfilling the promise with which he entered the league.. Those who say "hey, what he does on his own time is his own business" will probably go down the "give the kid some more time", "he's a system QB who's in the wrong system", "our o-line is the problem", "our running game is the problem", "our WR's are getting any separation" path...

FWIW, I don't give a **** what this moron does on his own time. I do care a whole bunch what the guy does when it matters - Game Time. Thus far, I've seen squat from a guy who was supposed to be "the best-prepared college QB to ever enter the NFL"...
Matt is a young man, not a kid. A young man who is being paid millions to not only perform on Sundays, but do ALL he can to ensure that he is best prepared to perform on Sundays... If hanging and banging with Lachey and underage coeds helps him "perform" better on Sundays, I'm all for it! However, I think the brilliant Matt Leinart may be a bit confused as to what the Cards meant when they mentioned the "performance" part of the contract...
I've said since the day we chose the kid that he would be one of the biggest, overrated flops to ever enter the NFL. Nothing has changed my mind since... WOuld love to see Matty prove me wrong... Not. Holding. My. Breath...

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please tell me these guys can't line up hot girls over 21...

uh, why would they want to? I'm pretty sure they're not planning on marrying the beer-bong girls! I mean, if you had a choice of the premium 21 one year olds for the ol' one nighter or girls your own age, which would you choose? If I was living in fantasy-I-can-do-whatever-I-want land, I take young, fresh and dumb every night of the week and twice on Sundays!

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
uh, why would they want to? I'm pretty sure they're not planning on marrying the beer-bong girls! I mean, if you had a choice of the premium 21 one year olds for the ol' one nighter or girls your own age, which would you choose? If I was living in fantasy-I-can-do-whatever-I-want land, I take young, fresh and dumb every night of the week and twice on Sundays!

Agreed, unfortunately there were members of the group under 21...that is the problem. The point is, there are tons of hot girls that are 21-23 so why not find some of them?

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

Not sure about this one Cheese... I kinda like the sligthly older, but much more "experienced" 30-something... I have little interest in teaching those 21 year olds the way of the world - between the sheets... ;)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed, unfortunately there were members of the group under 21...that is the problem. The point is, there are tons of hot girls that are 21-23 so why not find some of them?

because "finding" them is a job (even if it's the easiest job in the world). they're gagillionaires and they don't do jobs outside the ones that pay them.

Reaction score
Everyone should just back off the guys personal life. He likes to party and so does every other athlete. This won't do anything to his play.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Should a (franchise) QB be held to the same standards as...well, just about anyone else on the team? What if coach Whis was the one in the pictures? I happen to think Leinart's actions in these pictures is pretty lame. The so-called leader of the team, face of the franchise can't find a supermodel or actress that he can boink? One really hot hottie isn't as good as fartin' around some party girls?

No one's asking him to be a monk but if he can't take ONE summer off from the juvenile activities it really does bring into question what his priorities are.

And yes, if I had to choose, I'd take the square who lives and breathes football over the college kid who wants to party all the time. Maturity and leadership are something you want in a QB. Not some clown at a pool party.

Bobcat

Reaction score
He is just jealous.This is the type of smut that thoff seasonon brings. Damn Leonardnart for enjoying any part of your life !!!** Cause Joe Montana, Joe Namath,Alway Elway, and Tom Brady would never do such a thing like, throw a party with beer, women, and friends.For shame.
They didn't call Joe Namath "BROADWAY" becuase HE LIKED Musical's. He really liked to PARTY. Same with, Elway and even Tom Brady. Heck Max McGee of the Packers played in the first Super Bowl with a Drunken Hangover, Had the Best Game of his Life. Mickey Mantle and the Babe played while being drunk on the Bunkmate Binkmiester is a jerk from the word go. Matt Hdissedobably dised him so this is the way Dan tries to get him back.BOBCAT

Last edited:

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure about this one Cheese... I kinda like the sligthly older, but much more "experienced" 30-something... I have little interest in teaching those 21 year olds the way of the world - between the sheets... ;)

find a hot slutty 21 year old, all the experience, none of the age.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Per the official blog:

On Leinart and his off-time

Obviously Matt Leinart has been in the news over the last 24 hours or so, thanks to some photos taken at a party at his house and those shots showing up on the internet. It has spawned newspaper articles and a mention, for instance, on this afternoon's Pardon The Interruption show on ESPN.

I haven't had a chance to talk to Leinart (although Matt did attend voluntary workouts both Monday and this morning) and I'll also leave the debate about the situation to others. But with the Cardinals' braintrust in Florida for the NFL owners meetings and with coach Ken Whisenhunt set to meet, along with the other NFC coaches, the media at a breakfast Wednesday morning, here is Whisenhunt's statement on the matter:

"Matt called me Monday morning and we spoke for a while," Whisenhunt said. "I reiterated to him the type of behavior that we expect at all times from our players. He understands that as well as the level of scrutiny that he's under because of who he is. It's being handled internally. I was disappointed but at the same time have no doubts about his commitment to this football team or his ability to lead it."

I think it is crap what Whiz is doing here too. That's like me telling Whiz he shouldn't go to a bar, or take his kids to softball on his freetime. Let me the man do what he wants. He had a party at his own house for Pete's sake.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it is crap what Whiz is doing here too. That's like me telling Whiz he shouldn't go to a bar, or take his kids to softball on his freetime. Let me the man do what he wants. He had a party at his own house for Pete's sake.

Leinart compromised himself, plain and simple. There is a reason he isnt the team captain and wont be this year.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Leinart compromised himself, plain and simple. There is a reason he isnt the team captain and wont be this year.

I disagree. He should be able to party, at his own house, however he feels.