Matt Leinart's Personal Life Merge Thread

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I disagree. He should be able to party, at his own house, however he feels.

Sorry. I wasnt criticizing the party, I am criticizing the pics, the local and national media attention and the attention by his head coach and team.

Dont get me wrong, Edge prolly double or triple teams plenty of Hi-Lighter's finest, but it isnt on PTI or the pics arent on a tabloid website.

I think Leinart is moving into a place where there is zero-tollerance for sloppiness in protecting what's left of his public image.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Leinart compromised himself, plain and simple. There is a reason he isnt the team captain and wont be this year.

Maybe he should be.

I watched that "America's Team" thing on the Jets. Namath had been partying a lot, and his teammates made him captain with the idea he might take the job seriously. So, the summer before their Super Bowl year they did. Namath was so surprised by the honor, he did work harder than ever before. It wasn't until years later he was told he was made captain because he was a screwoff, not because his teammates thought highly of him.

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I think it is crap what Whiz is doing here too. That's like me telling Whiz he shouldn't go to a bar, or take his kids to softball on his freetime. Let me the man do what he wants. He had a party at his own house for Pete's sake.
IMO Whiz told him "Matt, you have to be more careful. After a day of training and studying you should be able to relax and have fun. Just don't break the law and try and keep your face off of the internet and out of the tabloids. That is the issue that management has. And make sure that you are ready to come into work."

Why in the hell is he even allowing these pictures?

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
IMO Whiz told him "Matt, you have to be more careful. After a day of training and studying you should be able to relax and have fun. Just don't break the law and try and keep your face off of the internet and out of the tabloids. That is the issue that management has. And make sure that you are ready to come into work."

Needs to collect all cell phones/camera devices at the door. Also blackball his so called friend that took the pictures.

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Needs to collect all cell phones/camera devices at the door. Also blackball his so called friend that took the pictures.

Yep. If you want pictures, get 'em at the front door because that is where you are leaving the camaras and cell phones.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I think people should lay off him a bit. He's doing the same things we all did in our early 20's and he's doing it in the off season. During the regular season, even when he was injured and shut down for the year, he traveled with the team for every game, attended all team meetings, spent his time watching film and studying how to get better, all things he didn't have to do.

So he went out and drank it up with a few chicks, hooked up and got a hangover.. so what? Welcome to being 25. I did it, we all did it, some of us still do. If he was doing it during the regular season when we had games on Sunday, that would be another story. In the off season, I say let him party. Get it all out before camp starts.

This morning on the way to work a local talk show spent 15 minutes talking about Matt Leinart and his partying. This is not even Cardinal country so I was much surprised. They had the opinion Matt should not allow his friends with cameras into his house only to have them put the pictures on the net. They also noted our Coach called Matt to have a discussion about all this.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
They also noted our Coach called Matt to have a discussion about all this.

Wiz didnt have to Call Matt becuase Matt gave Wiz a Call Monday morning before the mainstream media even got a hold of it. It is in Urbans Blog.

"Matt called me Monday morning and we spoke for a while," Whisenhunt said.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This morning on the way to work a local talk show spent 15 minutes talking about Matt Leinart and his partying. This is not even Cardinal country so I was much surprised. They had the opinion Matt should not allow his friends with cameras into his house only to have them put the pictures on the net. They also noted our Coach called Matt to have a discussion about all this.

It is front page on ESPN (about three stories down).

"Leinart's partying ways leave coach disappointed"

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

Exactly. Throw down, party hard, and get some strange. I have no problem with that, IF it doesn't hinder your offseason workouts and prep. I have a problem with poor judgment leading to pics being strewn across the internet showing Leinart with UNDERAGE GIRLS. When I was in college, would I have parties and supply underage hotties with alcohol? You bet. Would I do it now? Not a chance. And I'm not under the microscope. Nobody should be asking him not to have fun, but he MUST use his brain and stop killing his image like this, especially with how poorly he played last season. Anybody that thinks he didn't do anything wrong is just turning a blind eye, IMO.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Exactly. Throw down, party hard, and get some strange. I have no problem with that, IF it doesn't hinder your offseason workouts and prep. I have a problem with poor judgment leading to pics being strewn across the internet showing Leinart with UNDERAGE GIRLS. When I was in college, would I have parties and supply underage hotties with alcohol? You bet. Would I do it now? Not a chance. And I'm not under the microscope. Nobody should be asking him not to have fun, but he MUST use his brain and stop killing his image like this, especially with how poorly he played last season. Anybody that thinks he didn't do anything wrong is just turning a blind eye, IMO.
:yeahthat:

Spielman

Non-Troll Rams Fan
Reaction score
I dunno. I've been a big Leinart supporter, but after his performances last year, the injury problems, and stuff like this... If I can get good odds on Kurt Warner throwing for 3000+ next year, I'm taking it.

az240zz

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
everyone is complaining, what a bunch of crap. He is single, 3 months from training camp, reportely working out at the facility, doing his rehab. This is just a media issue to sell papers and listen to the radio.

Didn't Mickey Mantle do this thru out his career. Didn't hurt him or his reputation.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
everyone is complaining, what a bunch of crap. He is single, 3 months from training camp, reportely working out at the facility, doing his rehab. This is just a media issue to sell papers and listen to the radio.

Didn't Mickey Mantle do this thru out his career. Didn't hurt him or his reputation.

Sorry, I will NEVER be happy when a player from one of my teams has pictures floating around of a party he threw with ILLEGAL, UNDERAGE chicks in attendance. It's simply ******** for him to do, and it's not something he should get blank-check forgiveness for either.

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Sorry, I will NEVER be happy when a player from one of my teams has pictures floating around of a party he threw with ILLEGAL, UNDERAGE chicks in attendance. It's simply ******** for him to do, and it's not something he should get blank-check forgiveness for either.
Yep. Important to point out though Stout, there was nothing legally wrong with the girls being there. They are consenting adults. Just that whole alcohol thing.

I always thought it strange that we will put guns in the hands of men and women, and ask them to fight and die for their country, but they can't drink beer.

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yep. Important to point out though Stout, there was nothing legally wrong with the girls being there. They are consenting adults. Just that whole alcohol thing.

I always thought it strange that we will put guns in the hands of men and women, and ask them to fight and die for their country, but they can't drink beer.

It is a whole lot "worse than strange" as I believe it is illogical. By the way there are a number of states that are looking to change that law and roll it back to 18.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score

For the face of the franchise (nationaly) having minors over and serving them beer bongs is unprofessional conduct. Like it or not , he's not one of us. He stands out. Now more so.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05