Matt Leinart's Personal Life Merge Thread

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Again, beer bongs and banging broads isnt stupid. Letting the pics out is.

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
I generally could care less about what Matt does off the field, as long as it doesnt impact what he does on the field (how is that for being a cynical football fan)

interestingly, what bothers me is Nick Lachey. At 35 years old, he has officially crossed the line to "creepy divorced old guy" by hanging out with a bunch of people who on average are 10 years or more younger than him. This is on top of his B list status ( and in all likelihood, C list really). Cut the cord, Matt. Nick is a loser.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
interestingly, what bothers me is Nick Lachey. At 35 years old, he has officially crossed the line to "creepy divorced old guy" by hanging out with a bunch of people who on average are 10 years or more younger than him. This is on top of his B list status ( and in all likelihood, C list really). Cut the cord, Matt. Nick is a loser.
I was thinking the same thing.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I generally could care less about what Matt does off the field, as long as it doesnt impact what he does on the field (how is that for being a cynical football fan)

I was thinking the same thing.

Pfft. Nick has more money than he needs. You want him to get a 9-5 job so he will be "less creepy?" The man won't have to work again for the rest of his life.

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
Pfft. Nick has more money than he needs. You want him to get a 9-5 job so he will be "less creepy?" The man won't have to work again for the rest of his life.

it isnt about money. Nick isnt sponging money off Matt -- he is sponging relevancy and "hip-ness"

Nick needs to figure out that he isnt Peter Pan

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
it isnt about money. Nick isnt sponging money off Matt -- he is sponging relevancy and "hip-ness"

Nick needs to figure out that he isnt Peter Pan

Um Nick is engaged or married to Vanessa Minolo. I wonder what she thinks about this whole thing.

Man, I am so gay.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Um Nick is engaged or married to Vanessa Minolo. I wonder what she thinks about this whole thing.

Man, I am so gay.

I knew that too btw. She's pretty hot too.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Man, I am so gay.
Minnillo. All the guys GIS "Minolo" aren't going to find crap.

You can all thank me later.

She is smokin' hot. Geez.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Again, beer bongs and banging broads isnt stupid. Letting the pics out is.

It is ******** stupid because it was illegal. As someone pointed out, the girls being there isn't technically a problem because they are consenting adults. The underage beer-bonging woman are a huge problem, I don't care if it's photographed or not. It shows lack of maturity, intelligence, and discipline. Be smart enough to get LEGAL AGED chicks drunked up, Matty, not ILLEGAL chicks. It's absolutely indefensible.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
It is ******** stupid because it was illegal. As someone pointed out, the girls being there isn't technically a problem because they are consenting adults. The underage beer-bonging woman are a huge problem, I don't care if it's photographed or not. It shows lack of maturity, intelligence, and discipline. Be smart enough to get LEGAL AGED chicks drunked up, Matty, not ILLEGAL chicks. It's absolutely indefensible.

Again, was it at his house?

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Again, was it at his house?
Yes, the party was at his house. I thought you were being facetious since it's been covered on the thread a few times.

What's that?? You don't have time to read ~200 posts about Matt Leinart's party? Priorities, man! Priorities!!

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought it was...isn't that what all the hubub is about? I mean, if it wasn't at his house, it would still have been a dumb mistake, but not nearly as bad.

Stout, are you saying he needs to check drivers licenses? What about if the girls have fake ID's? Did you notice any girls in those pictures who looked underage? Have you ever thrown a party and had some of your friends bring in people you didn't even know? Did you trust those friends to not bring in underage girls?

Bottom line is there is no way to accomplish what you are suggesting without having chaperones checking licenses and keeping things on the up and up. Since Matt is no longer in high school, I hardly think this is approriate. Besides, if you were having a wild party in hopes of getting laid, would you hire a chaperone?

Give the guy a break.

OP
OP
RonF

RonF

Per Ardua Ad Astra
Reaction score
The only answer I can come up with is "Stupid is as stupid does." The same goes for Rothlessburger when he biked around without a helmet.

jefftheshark

Drive By Poster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stout, are you saying he needs to check drivers licenses? What about if the girls have fake ID's? Did you notice any girls in those pictures who looked underage? Have you ever thrown a party and had some of your friends bring in people you didn't even know? Did you trust those friends to not bring in underage girls?

Bottom line is there is no way to accomplish what you are suggesting without having chaperones checking licenses and keeping things on the up and up. Since Matt is no longer in high school, I hardly think this is approriate. Besides, if you were having a wild party in hopes of getting laid, would you hire a chaperone?

Give the guy a break.

Memo to self: Avoid parties held at Stout's house, but accept any invitations to 40years'. :D

JTS

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

Give the guy a break.
Actually, 40, in his typical forgiveness and excuse-making for the Cardinals and the players has brought up a good point. :) We don't really know how they got there. Did Matt meet them at the bar, where he would probably assume that they were of age? Did they show up with Matt's friends, where he would assume that they would be of age?

He does need to be careful though. If nothing like this happens again I think that it's water under the bridge.

Stout

Reaction score

Give the guy a break.

Wow, 40. So basically, we should feel sorry for poor, persecuted Matty because it's okay to have underage chicks drinking at your house party because it's too hard for poor Matty to make sure they're of age? Since Matt is no longer in high school, I agree that it is no longer appropriate. Ergo, HE SHOULDN'T DO IT. If he can't control who comes to his party, he can't be trusted to be a frickin' adult. C'mon, seriously with this post, 40? The kid doesn't get a blank check to break the law and dodge responsibility because *baby voice* it's too hawd for poor wittle Matty to see how old the giwls awre *end baby voice*.

It was stupid, and the coach was disappointed, and Matt says he's sorry. As long as it doesn't happen again, fine, no harm no foul. Like I said before, party hard, get some strange, do everything legal, and keep crazy pics from surfacing. Whatever, have a ball Matt, as long as you don't let it interfere with work. Just be smart about it. This? This was NOT Matt being smart about it.

Stout

Reaction score
Actually, 40, in his typical forgiveness and excuse-making for the Cardinals and the players has brought up a good point. :) We don't really know how they got there. Did Matt meet them at the bar, where he would probably assume that they were of age? Did they show up with Matt's friends, where he would assume that they would be of age?

He does need to be careful though. If nothing like this happens again I think that it's water under the bridge.

Inconsequential how they got there. Underage chicks drinking in his house = stupid and looks bad and is illegal no matter what excuses are made or who is ultimately to blame.