McCown would draw plenty of interest

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
swd1974 said:
Of course Brady, like everyone else but if he were on a bad team you would not see him doing what he is doing now.

What QB would? :shrug:

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Shane H said:
:lmao:

You think McCown is inaccurate but you like JP Losman! :biglaugh:

I never said I thought McCown was inaccurate. i think he is average in his accuracy. i think he is a football smart as the pimple that just sprouted on my backside. You may wish to ignore the dozens of times we had wr's blazing down the field, forgotten in coverage, wide open, and we dump it off for 2 yards.

Accuracy is not one of Josh's bad traits. IMO

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Swd, McCown in his few starts has shown some ups and some downs, but in total he's been better than most young QBs in their early days. And I am sick to death of those who constantly misrepresent his record and I am not going to keep just ignoring the misleading crap people like you spew at every opportunity.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
swd1974 said:
I never said I thought McCown was inaccurate. i think he is average in his accuracy. i think he is a football smart as the pimple that just sprouted on my backside. You may wish to ignore the dozens of times we had wr's blazing down the field, forgotten in coverage, wide open, and we dump it off for 2 yards.

Accuracy is not one of Josh's bad traits. IMO

Dozens? You sure like to exaggerate. Of course he missed some open WRs. EVERY SINGLE QB IN THE NFL DOES!

I watch football religiously and the same comments can be mad week in and week out with the best QBs in football.

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Skkorpion said:
Swd, McCown in his few starts has shown some ups and some downs, but in total he's been better than most young QBs in their early days. And I am sick to death of those who constantly misrepresent his record and I am not going to keep just ignoring the misleading crap people like you spew at every opportunity.

Oh ok. I'd just keep in mind that that goes both ways. Especially when it comes to an opinion.

DKCards

Reaction score
Shane H said:
On the other hand you could contend that the other QBs with 0 wins on their resume were playing with the same other 10 offensive guys McCown was couldnt you? So whats the common denominator here?

Quit using logic when arguing. That has nothing to do with it. It doesn’t matter how often he wins he is a bad QB. :sarcasm:

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Russ,

You made a coment in an earlier thread after the SF game that maybe if Warner was playing in the SF game he would have had less yards because he would have been benched early because it would have been an early blow out. You stated that you think Warner would have hit some of those deep balls McCown missed.

Why do you feel that way? I have seen Warner overthrow or underthrow an uncanny amount of deep balls in the first three games. So what makes you have more confidence in his abilities to get it there with that fluttring ball of his?

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DKCards said:
Quit using logic when arguing. That has nothing to do with it. It doesn’t matter how often he wins he is a bad QB. :sarcasm:

:D

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Shane H said:
Dozens? You sure like to exaggerate. Of course he missed some open WRs. EVERY SINGLE QB IN THE NFL DOES!

I watch football religiously and the same comments can be mad week in and week out with the best QBs in football.

Last week I caught 5 (five) times we had a wr open beyond 15 yards.

Last game of the season last year I saw 7 plays if memory serves. 8 rings more true but Id have to play the tape. Thats 12 times in 2 games. Why is dozens exaggeration to you? Is it because it goes against your opinion?

How many games do you watch where commentators actually laugh at the QB for not seeing them? I count 3 for the cards and McCown. I saw a Bengals game with Smith at QB that that happened in.

Do you hear the commentators when they mention this or not believe your eyes when you see the consitancy with which they are missed simply due to selective hearing or seeing?

I mean, Im a HUGE Golota fan in boxing but it doesnt mean Im deaf or blind to all his faults. You, and skkorp and several others want us to believe this guy has no faults and the few mistakes he does make are made by "all nfl qb's"

I mean, c'mon lets keep it sensible. I may not be right that he is the worst starting QB ever in the history of the NFL, but you guys arent much closer to being right.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Swd, I just checked McNabb's stats in his first 16 starts and McCown outperformed him in virtually every category. I just don't know how to copy and paste them here.

So check them yourself, if you care.

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
swd1974 said:
How many starts does McCown have in that time period vs "Any other cards QB". Sure if you give one guy 20 games, and then you give 10 guys 1 game a piece It would be shocking if anyone other than the guy with 20 starts had an success.

BTW why doesnt any other cards QB get the "Give him time to grow and fit into the offense as much as Josh gets?

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
swd1974 said:
Last week I caught 5 (five) times we had a wr open beyond 15 yards.

Last game of the season last year I saw 7 plays if memory serves. 8 rings more true but Id have to play the tape. Thats 12 times in 2 games. Why is dozens exaggeration to you? Is it because it goes against your opinion?

How many games do you watch where commentators actually laugh at the QB for not seeing them? I count 3 for the cards and McCown. I saw a Bengals game with Smith at QB that that happened in.

Do you hear the commentators when they mention this or not believe your eyes when you see the consitancy with which they are missed simply due to selective hearing or seeing?

I mean, Im a HUGE Golota fan in boxing but it doesnt mean Im deaf or blind to all his faults. You, and skkorp and several others want us to believe this guy has no faults and the few mistakes he does make are made by "all nfl qb's"

I mean, c'mon lets keep it sensible. I may not be right that he is the worst starting QB ever in the history of the NFL, but you guys arent much closer to being right.

No I hear the commentators when they mention it. I certainly havent heard it 8 times a game. Maybe 2 to 3 at most sometimes never. You here in most other games at least once.

I would like to know what kind of TV you have that lets you see all the WRs running downfield and how open they are. I know ith my widescreen 56 inch I can barely see 15 yards past the LOS on most plays until the camera train over on a throw. :shrug:

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Skkorpion said:
Swd, I just checked McNabb's stats in his first 16 starts and McCown outperformed him in virtually every category. I just don't know how to copy and paste them here.

So check them yourself, if you care.

I believe the year before the eagles were 4-12 or 5-11 with a new coach and system. Dont forget, McCown had the years everyone wants a QB to get on the bench like Carson Palmer. McNabb did not. Should not, by virtue of sitting and learning, McCown have been better than a rookie thrown into the fire?

I see your point but I hope you see the outlying circumstances too.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shane H said:
Russ,

You made a coment in an earlier thread after the SF game that maybe if Warner was playing in the SF game he would have had less yards because he would have been benched early because it would have been an early blow out. You stated that you think Warner would have hit some of those deep balls McCown missed.

Why do you feel that way? I have seen Warner overthrow or underthrow an uncanny amount of deep balls in the first three games. So what makes you have more confidence in his abilities to get it there with that fluttring ball of his?

Russ?

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
swd1974 said:
I believe the year before the eagles were 4-12 or 5-11 with a new coach and system. Dont forget, McCown had the years everyone wants a QB to get on the bench like Carson Palmer. McNabb did not. Should not, by virtue of sitting and learning, McCown have been better than a rookie thrown into the fire?

McCown while in the league for a year already went from one system to a completely new one and has been though 3 offensive coordinators. Same excuse your making for Mcnabb.

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Shane H said:
I would like to know what kind of TV you have that lets you see all the WRs running downfield and how open they are. I know ith my widescreen 56 inch I can barely see 15 yards past the LOS on most plays until the camera train over on a throw. :shrug:

hmm I see about 20 beyond the LOS. But more than that watch the 5 yard throw to the RB in the middle of the field you can see the other wr's (at the very least the one on the far side) plain as day.

I dont HEAR the commentators 7 times a game. i hear them 2 or 3 like you. But in addition I SEE a few times downfield due to the camera covering the game.

As for why I see 20 yards beyond? Got me. Its a 95 Sony Trinatron. Not sure where you can pick one up but its a great TV. :thumbup:

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
Shane H said:
On the other hand you could contend that the other QBs with 0 wins on their resume were playing with the same other 10 offensive guys McCown was couldnt you? So whats the common denominator here?

There are a few things I liked in what I saw on Sunday from JM
- He actually threw the ball down the field a few times.
- He was able to go to Bolden and Fitz (This is what I hated about Josh's game the most, his dependency on the short check off routes to backs over all others whether they were wide open or not).
- He recovered froma miserable start.

Concerns about JM
- I still think what you see now is what you get wth Josh, strong arm, good legs, but lacks the big picture grasp of what it takes to get to the next level as a QB. In other words I have my doubts there is much upside left.
- Josh also puts the ball on the ground. I don't like this.

I am really curious to see this weeks results.

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Shane H said:
McCown while in the league for a year already went from one system to a completely new one and has been though 3 offensive coordinators. Same excuse your making for Mcnabb.

Ahhh the infamous, Josh is a "rookie" every year argument.

I understand that he had a new system and its a point well taken, but unlike you I do not believe josh is a rookie before every new series of starts or seasons.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw some reason to be reasonably hopeful that McCown has progressed from last season. I was encouraged by both TD throws. Neither WR was wide open but he threw it down the field anyhow. Last year, he tended to stick the ball in his pocket in those sorts of situations or dump it to the back.

DKCards

Reaction score
swd1974 said:

And those Cards teams that McCown is playing on is a 16-0 team?

Josh has his downfalls, that I can not deny. But the kid wins when no one else does. You have to give him some credit for that.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
swd1974 said:
BTW why doesnt any other cards QB get the "Give him time to grow and fit into the offense as much as Josh gets?
You dont hear me saying that this year because for the most part the pass protection has been ok all year even with Warner.

It was much worse last year.

The one HUGE flaw with Josh that is glaring is his fumbleitis. That kills this team morethan anything.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ajcardfan said:
I saw some reason to be reasonably hopeful that McCown has progressed from last season. I was encouraged by both TD throws. Neither WR was wide open but he threw it down the field anyhow. Last year, he tended to stick the ball in his pocket in those sorts of situations or dump it to the back.

He threw well placed throws near the endzone for fitz and boldin. something we had yet to see from Warner.

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
swd1974 said:
Jake Plummer
You're right. It just doesn't happen.