Metta World Peace Assaults Harden (ugly vid)

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
eh... 40 would have been a joke as well. But he should have been suspended for the rest of the season/post-season IMO.

Rest of the season would've been fine 40 games was just never thrown out to accomplish that

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just in time for game 3 in LA and for Laker fans to embarrass themselves by giving him a standing-O upon his return.

What a joke. At this point who is more liable, the employee or the company who continues to employ him despite his shocking pattern of violent behavior? The league's lawyers better be ready to deal with the gigantic lawsuit his next victim brings against them.

And let me also state that if Ron were playing for Sacramento or the Pacers still, some low profile team, he would be looking at a minimum of 20 games. But the NBA needs those playoff ratings baby!!!

JustWinBaby

Veteran
Reaction score
It is obvious the Lakers are more important to the league than doing the right thing.

Not surprised, but pissed.

Are You?

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just in time for game 3 in LA and for Laker fans to embarrass themselves by giving him a standing-O upon his return.

The Lakers aren't sweeping anyone in the playoffs. He'll likely be back for the first game of the second round.

PhxGametime

Formerly Bball_31
Reaction score
Every year Teams like the lakers, spurs, etc. are going to pull this antic now... 7 games?? Should've sent a message. What a joke!!!

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I'm very surprised at how light the suspension is. I was guessing the rest of this season/postseason plus the first 25 games of next season.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm very surprised at how light the suspension is. I was guessing the rest of this season/postseason plus the first 25 games of next season.

Was really surprised but was thinking he would be suspended at least until the finals started (assuming the Lakers made it that far).

Wow.

Neo

Red Tape Sorter
Reaction score
This is practically giving teams permission to institute the NBA version of the hockey goon. There needs to be bigger consequences for violence that injures opposing players.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Are you just looking at the slo mo replay?

Live action of what actually happened is more telling. Things don't happen in slo-mo. If they did, Artest should be jailed.
Yeah i guess thats why things like instant replay and photo finish are used to determine what really happened when determining a crucial live action event in sports and life in general.
:doi:

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Someone needs to go Artest on Kobe, and put HIM out of the playoffs.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah i guess thats why things like instant replay and photo finish are used to determine what really happened when determining a crucial live action event in sports and life in general.
:doi:

yes and they also make people think things took longer to occur than they did, giving the illusion of lots of forethought.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, because that is not disgraceful, and because Harden is out for the playoffs. Oh wait.

Stay classy, sunsfan.

It is called Karma - especially after all the elbows Kobe throws and gets a pass on - one of the dirtier players out there.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
there's just no knowing how Harden will be long term. he's only 22, and people react differently to these types of injuries. hope he's okay, it'd be sad for his career to be hurt my some mindless act.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there's just no knowing how Harden will be long term. he's only 22, and people react differently to these types of injuries. hope he's okay, it'd be sad for his career to be hurt my some mindless act.

true, Kevin Kolb is a VERY slow healer from concussion. Good point.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
7 games... in other words, just in time for the Lakers to be at full strength when they need to be when they face OKC.

That's a joke. Dude started the biggest brawl of all time, has been kicked out of numerous games for violent acts, clotheslined a guy half his size in the playoffs last year and then does this... and he still gets to play in the playoffs again? That doesn't sit well with me.

yeah it's literally indefensible IMHO.

he should have missed the whole playoffs and like 25 games next year.

It's a joke.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah it's literally indefensible IMHO.

he should have missed the whole playoffs and like 25 games next year.

It's a joke.

What I think would have been best is 20 games and clearance from an NBA-appointed therapist prior to being able to play again.

But they treated it like an everyday elbow, which historically gets you 2 games, and tacked on reputation and prior acts. IMO, that's great if he was just elbowing a guy a'la Malone or Shaq or others...but he snapped and to me that's a psychological issue, not a violence issue. Much more dangerous, and deserves larger punishment and clearance to return.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What I think would have been best is 20 games and clearance from an NBA-appointed therapist prior to being able to play again.

But they treated it like an everyday elbow, which historically gets you 2 games, and tacked on reputation and prior acts. IMO, that's great if he was just elbowing a guy a'la Malone or Shaq or others...but he snapped and to me that's a psychological issue, not a violence issue. Much more dangerous, and deserves larger punishment and clearance to return.

Who is this guy? That all makes sense. ;)

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who is this guy? That all makes sense. ;)

Actually, everything he's said in this thread makes sense except for when he appeared to be implying that Harden was in some way culpable. Players engage in gamesmanship all the time so even if James intentionally walked into Artest, that's all part of the game. It's not his responsibility so think "oh wait, that guy is crazy so I should avoid him". It's the responsibility of the league to keep crazy people in the stands where they belong (and flourish).

Steve

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake