Mort Just Said Leinart to Start!

seesred

Reaction score
Matt will use everyone including the tight end...I'm happy and sad in a way. I do believe it was a decision that had to be made. And, unlike two year with the QB not knowing till game time who will play he has a week to work things out!

GBR

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Kurt basically forced this, you can't turn the ball over 8 times in two games and turning the ball over three times in the red zone and expect to keep your job.

I would like to see us win the Atlanta game now, all those talkers need to shut up and play now, the coaching staff sacked up bigtime, time to put your play where your mouth is and help the kid out!

Edge, that means you better run like a man possessed and the Oline needs to eat their wheaties, I want him protected and I want him taken care of, they all got the spark they wanted but they better hit Atlanta with one whale of a team effort to make it work.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
The reason you go with the Vet QB over the highly drafted Rookie is to avoid "rookie" mistakes.

If Warner is gunna make these same mistakes, and lead the NFL in turnovers. Then there is no reason to avoid the rookie IMO.

If Warner was playing well then there is no debate but he has been bad.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
You apparantly havn't seen many of the replays. On that pass to Pope, Leonard Little came off the edge around O. Ross and hit Warners elbow as he was throwing making the pass go down like it was being thrown to Coakley. It was not fuzzy thinking on Warners part, he fumbles, that is just what he does. Milford Brown caused the fumble that lost the game for us. Jude La Cava slow mowed it last night and showed both plays and how they happened. Resting Warner might work if we weren't at the beginning of a season and we had a tested Back Up. But, OOPs we have a college Qb that is going to be very good, but difficult to tell that he will come in and play lights out against one of the better defenses in the league. I see alot of 3 and outs and several TO again. I would wait to get him going if Warner is bad in Atl. Leinart can be gearing up for a home start when we are 1-3. If were 2-2 then he can stand at the ready. He is however not ready to go today in ATL IMO.

So do you have an explanation for th other 2 INTs including the one where he threw into triple coverage?

Also "fumbling is what he does" is not a good reason to keep him in there, in fact it should keep him as far away from the field as possible

8 fumbles and 4 INTs is good enough reason for anyone to be benched

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
The reason you go with the Vet QB over the highly drafted Rookie is to avoid "rookie" mistakes.

If Warner is gunna make these same mistakes, and lead the NFL in turnovers. Then there is no reason to avoid the rookie IMO.

Hell even if he was playing below average, I'd rather have Kurt start and let Leinart learn.

However Kurt has been so disasterous and careless with the ball, its hard to find an argument to keep him out there

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
You guys are delusional, this teams season is only just begun and we want to hand it over to a rookie backup that is college tested but hasn't faced NFL defenses and you want to start him on the road in Atlanta. I say bad move. I say starting Shaun King bad....thats how bad I think this move is. I am not buying it. DG might as well pack up now if he starts him in Atl. If we suck next week and Warner is junk then start Leinart at home.

Wait Rats - maybe we can trade a conditional third round pick and get McCown back. Now that would be sweet!:rolleyes:

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
One thing is for certain Green has huge balls or is clinically insane, and this sounds exactly like something he would toss out there.

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score

:raccoon:

sly fly

Devil Me This
Reaction score
Warner dug his own grave. I'm sure he would have a hard time justifying why he should remain the starter.

We've seen him jaw at his own starting center. Edge has questioned "leadership" on the team. And, the defense is already entered into "were-doing-our-job" mode.

Doesn't sound like Camp Happy-Go-Lucky to me.

Only way for Green to correct this, possibly save his job, and keep the fanatics and media off his back... is to name Leinart the starting QB.

Too early? We'll find out soon enough.

(But, I'm glad Warner is sitting. He doesn't deserve to be on the same field as Fitz, Boldin, and Edge. His play has been embarassing. The team should have rolled St. Louis.)

wierwolf

Koolaid Guzzler
Reaction score
I think we will be fine... I already had tickets to the game. To see Leinhart's first regular season start make it more exciting... 2-2... My predicition. Can't wait!!!!! Anyone else out in this area and going?

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
So do you have an explanation for th other 2 INTs including the one where he threw into triple coverage?

Also "fumbling is what he does" is not a good reason to keep him in there, in fact it should keep him as far away from the field as possible

8 fumbles and 4 INTs is good enough reason for anyone to be benched

I would agree with that if we had a seasoned guy that can win us games behind him. We do not. We have a college tested Qb that has no game experience that we want to throw to the wolves in a road game against one of the top defenses in the league. They have two of the better DE and you want Ross to protect our prized draft pick on the road. I would rather see Warner get beat like a cupie doll than let Leinart start on the road there.

HardBall

Devil Man
Reaction score
One thing is for certain Green has huge balls or is clinically insane, and this sounds exactly like something he would toss out there.

I would vote for insane, but I am damn excited to see what Leinart can do against a real D in a real game.

:thumbup:

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
I would agree with that if we had a seasoned guy that can win us games behind him. We do not. We have a college tested Qb that has no game experience that we want to throw to the wolves in a road game against one of the top defenses in the league. They have two of the better DE and you want Ross to protect our prized draft pick on the road. I would rather see Warner get beat like a cupie doll than let Leinart start on the road there.

1) Experience means nothing if you continue with the mistakes that Warner has been committing

2) The Falcons are getting their asses handed to them at the moment

Rats

Reaction score
Wait Rats - maybe we can trade a conditional third round pick and get McCown back. Now that would be sweet!:rolleyes:

:bang: old card:cards: new card:newcards: .....we are past that logic. We did however need to cut Navarre and bring in a Kitna type that could actually be competitive if and when Warner blew up. How you can roll your eyes and make like starting Leinart on the road is a savior move is beyond me....:rolleyes:

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
:bang: old card:cards: new card:newcards: .....we are past that logic. We did however need to cut Navarre and bring in a Kitna type that could actually be competitive if and when Warner blew up. How you can roll your eyes and make like starting Leinart on the road is a savior move is beyond me....:rolleyes:

I love this move, it so utterly reeks of absolute desperation, it's classic OMG the sky is falling.

Good for DG! wooooo whoooooo go big man.

This is honest to goodness flying by the seat of your pants and why the heck not?

I'm so sick of the status quo blah blah blah blah we need to do this blah blah blah blah, DG is THE MAN!!!! It's an insane move, almost no camp, the line is shaky at best, players are already comming unhinged, I love this stuff!

It's insanity doing the same thing over and over again and hoping for different results, DG just went all in with a pocket pair of 2's and it's beautiful!!!!

AHHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA.

Man I'm excited, this will either bring glory or utter destruction, ah it's Cardinal football season again.

Rats

Reaction score
1) Experience means nothing if you continue with the mistakes that Warner has been committing

2) The Falcons are getting their asses handed to them at the moment

Yeah, the Saints aren't starting a Qb that is seeing live NFL defenses for the first time on the road either. Kurt should start if healthy. Alot of us want to see Leinart but I do not want to give up on the season after 3 games and I think when a Boldin comes out today and says Kurt is my guy he is eluding to the past and Qbs being yanked. I would think playing musical chairs with the Qb again this season will be detrimental to the growth of this team. If they want to blow this thing up and just let Matt get some game experience then stick with it all the way. Don't send him out set up for failure and then yank the rug out from under him and put Warner back in against KC.

RonF

Per Ardua Ad Astra
Reaction score
I think Sunday would be a great time to establish our running game. That should take some pressure off Leinart on Sunday. In fact, the pressure should be on the rest of the team, not Leinart, to bring their "A" game.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Yeah, the Saints aren't starting a Qb that is seeing live NFL defenses for the first time on the road either. Kurt should start if healthy. Alot of us want to see Leinart but I do not want to give up on the season after 3 games and I think when a Boldin comes out today and says Kurt is my guy he is eluding to the past and Qbs being yanked. I would think playing musical chairs with the Qb again this season will be detrimental to the growth of this team. If they want to blow this thing up and just let Matt get some game experience then stick with it all the way. Don't send him out set up for failure and then yank the rug out from under him and put Warner back in against KC.

Kurt has averaged 4 turnovers a game. Seriously tell how in the hell do you suddenly expect him to take care of the ball when he has put the ball on the turf on a regular basis the first 3 games? Do you honestly believe that Leinart can't do a better job of taking care of the ball then that?

As for the Falcons I was talking in general about that awesome pass rush that many including myself bought into. They haven't gotten near Brees other then for a personal foul hit. Gee that sounds oddly familiar

Stupidity is doing nothing and expecting the results to change. Its time to make a change

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
I think Sunday would be a great time to establish our running game. That should take some pressure off Leinart on Sunday. In fact, the pressure should be on the rest of the team, not Leinart, to bring their "A" game.

Exactly, I'd tell these high profile talkers, well I just gift wrapped what you were hinting at.

Balls in your court don't fumble it.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You apparantly havn't seen many of the replays. On that pass to Pope, Leonard Little came off the edge around O. Ross and hit Warners elbow as he was throwing making the pass go down like it was being thrown to Coakley. It was not fuzzy thinking on Warners part, he fumbles, that is just what he does. Milford Brown caused the fumble that lost the game for us. Jude La Cava slow mowed it last night and showed both plays and how they happened. Resting Warner might work if we weren't at the beginning of a season and we had a tested Back Up. But, OOPs we have a college Qb that is going to be very good, but difficult to tell that he will come in and play lights out against one of the better defenses in the league. I see alot of 3 and outs and several TO again. I would wait to get him going if Warner is bad in Atl. Leinart can be gearing up for a home start when we are 1-3. If were 2-2 then he can stand at the ready. He is however not ready to go today in ATL IMO.

I've watched it in slo mo on NFL.com and I still can't tell if Little actually gets Kurt's arm or not, but you're right that it does clearly make the throw go down. But I still can't see Pope at all he must be out of the field of view.

The play they showed on NFL network it doesn't seem the arm was hit but the ball certainly acts like something caused it to go down so I'll agree you're right that his elbow was hit.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
I've watched it in slo mo on NFL.com and I still can't tell if Little actually gets Kurt's arm or not, but you're right that it does clearly make the throw go down. But I still can't see Pope at all he must be out of the field of view.

The play they showed on NFL network it doesn't seem the arm was hit but the ball certainly acts like something caused it to go down so I'll agree you're right that his elbow was hit.

he was at the back of the endzone.

Brewster10

Registered
Reaction score
Wreaks of desperation.... how can u bench a veteran QB for a rookie based on 1 game.... Its only week 3 for gods sake...

I love Lienart and he's gonna be great... but this is too early... Warner did win NFC offensive player of the week just two weeks ago...

While he was pathetic yesterday... this shows the whole team your panicking...not to mention Warner is gonna be a cancer the rest of the season..

OP
OP
green machine

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
Wreaks of desperation.... how can u bench a veteran QB for a rookie based on 1 game.... Its only week 3 for gods sake...

I love Lienart and he's gonna be great... but this is too early... Warner did win NFC offensive player of the week just two weeks ago...

While he was pathetic yesterday... this shows the whole team your panicking...not to mention Warner is gonna be a cancer the rest of the season..

It's not just one game...it's every quarter since the first one of the season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05