NBA Off Season Thread

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I guess if Jordon stays with the Clippers I will be satisfied. Really I don't know why other than I dislike the Mavericks more than the Clippers.

I personally like it because it'll make the West playoffs next year super-entertaining. We might be able to squeeze in as an 8 seed which would be fun and the conference semis consisting of Clippers, Warriors, Spurs, OKC should be dynamite. Those would be four great teams to watch battle it out.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I personally like it because it'll make the West playoffs next year super-entertaining. We might be able to squeeze in as an 8 seed which would be fun and the conference semis consisting of Clippers, Warriors, Spurs, OKC should be dynamite. Those would be four great teams to watch battle it out.

Let's hope it turns out that this way.

Paul Coro says the Suns have 4 million remaining for a big man. I was thinking the Suns had 6 million remaining. My math must be messed up. I'm wondering if the Suns would consider trading Tucker to give them more money to go after a big man. I'm presuming Markieff wants to stay.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Indications are Jordon will re-sign with the Clippers.

Here is something extra.
The Clippers will stay with Jordan at his house until he signs his new contract.

I will love it if it happens this way.

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Indications are Jordon will re-sign with the Clippers.

Here is something extra.

I will love it if it happens this way.

Wow, that's what you call "coercion". Reminds me of when Jason Kidd et. al. went to Denver to try to keep McDyess from jumping ship, but they weren't allowed to talk to him and it was a massive failure.

I was hoping that Clippers would implode, but apparently that ain't happening.

So now it seems that Dallas, last year's 7 seed, may be going down the tubes. They lost their starting Center, Tyson Chandler, may lose his back up, Amare, lost their starting shooting guard, Monta Ellis to Indiana, lost their back up small forward, Al-Farouq Aminu, to Portland...., though they are picking up Wesley Matthews, things don't look good for them right now.

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, that's what you call "coercion". Reminds me of when Jason Kidd et. al. went to Denver to try to keep McDyess from jumping ship, but they weren't allowed to talk to him and it was a massive failure.

I was hoping that Clippers would implode, but apparently that ain't happening.

Now that you mention it.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe Hill ends up in Dallas, I haven't seen anything new.

Actually, I think Jordon Hill would be a good get. He can play center and some PF. I've been wanting him for the Suns but this seems unlikely.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
This is a good move for dallas in the end but it burns lol. We can't buy a max free agent never have been able to.

Ironically this is the second time Cuban could have had a very good player for 50-60 mil but let him go to the Suns. And the second time he could have signed Tyson the greatest center in Mavs history but let him walk to chase someone else and lose.

Last edited:

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think enough has been made of the Kings crazy stupidity this off-season.

In an effort to clear cap space to go for some big signings they shipped off Jason Thompson, Carl Landry, Nik Stauskas (the #7 pick last year), their 2018 1st round pick, and gave the Sixers rights to swap picks in 2016 and 2017. The Kings got a 2nd round pick and the rights to some European non-prospect.

The Kings then and couldn't find anyone to take their money, with multiple players rejecting them for less money elsewhere and eventually settled for the pariah, Rondo.

I cannot imagine the apocalypse if we'd shipped off TJ Warren, the Miami picks, Tucker and Marcus to clear space for Aldridge and whiffed on him completely.

That Kings trade is worse than our trade to clear Kurt Thomas' salary, and at least we had the concrete "avoid the luxury tax" reality to somewhat understand why it happened. The Kings gave away a bonanza and got absolutely nothing.

The Sixers have done a lot of dumb crap over the last few years but that was easily the most impressive move they've pulled off.

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is a good move for dallas in the end but it burns lol. We can't buy a max free agent never have been able to.

Ironically this is the second time Cuban could have had a very good player for 50-60 mil but let him go to the Suns. And the second time he could have signed Tyson the greatest center in Mavs history but let him walk to chase someone else and lose.

Which move are you saying is good for Dallas?

Things look pretty bleak to me for Dallas as I wrote above in the thread. What is your prognosis of what the Mavs will look like after losing all these players?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Excellent signing for Miami. Green is exactly what they needed.

And I'm sure they got him cheap. If the Suns keep Tucker and Warren at SF, they should be fine plus some of the guards will likely play SF as well.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Draagic knows him.

They know each other very well, and they've played together very well.

Assuming everyone stays healthy, Miami will be a dangerous team.

Dragic, Wade, Deng, Bosh, Whiteside are a scary starting five. Green, Winslow (assuming he is as good as people think he is), McRobert give them some good things off the bench.

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't think enough has been made of the Kings crazy stupidity this off-season.

In an effort to clear cap space to go for some big signings they shipped off Jason Thompson, Carl Landry, Nik Stauskas (the #7 pick last year), their 2018 1st round pick, and gave the Sixers rights to swap picks in 2016 and 2017. The Kings got a 2nd round pick and the rights to some European non-prospect.

The Kings then and couldn't find anyone to take their money, with multiple players rejecting them for less money elsewhere and eventually settled for the pariah, Rondo.

I cannot imagine the apocalypse if we'd shipped off TJ Warren, the Miami picks, Tucker and Marcus to clear space for Aldridge and whiffed on him completely.

That Kings trade is worse than our trade to clear Kurt Thomas' salary, and at least we had the concrete "avoid the luxury tax" reality to somewhat understand why it happened. The Kings gave away a bonanza and got absolutely nothing.

The Sixers have done a lot of dumb crap over the last few years but that was easily the most impressive move they've pulled off.

I kinda guessed they would do something completely idiotic when the Boogie/Karl issues came up earlier this summer, but never thought they would do something like this. Any protection on that 2018 pick that you know of? I think that team will struggle mightily this year and Boogie prob gets traded mid-season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stbmd