NBA Off Season Thread

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Which move are you saying is good for Dallas?

Things look pretty bleak to me for Dallas as I wrote above in the thread. What is your prognosis of what the Mavs will look like after losing all these players?

My guess is they will be a lottery team. things looked bleak before deandre agreed and then backed out. I was actually surprised he agreed And figured he well he must have given Up on being the third or fourth wheel in LAC.

I meant to say losing Jordan might not be all bad. from my perspective signing deandre at best would have made this an 8th maybe 7th seed and that's if Matthews and parsons were healthy which is in doubt. Deandre deserves a max deal but Dallas in desperation mode to sign a max FA were selling him as a face of the franchise player which he is not. He's a great center by today's standards and he's better than Tyson and younger. But was he going to make them that much better? He would have scored on a lot of dunks just as Tyson did last year. Where I do think that he might help and I cannot downplay is attracting future free agents. But as we know signing a face of the franchise type max free agent isn't something you can bank on. The mavs have to rebuild and realize dirk isn't what he once was. Premier guys aren't going to want to pair with him or try to follow in his footsteps. Their only chance to get a real superstar is through the draft.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought the Suns should have traded for Enes Kanter last season as most of you know. He is good on offense but not so much on defense. He is young so he can learn. OKC would be smart to match.

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
OKC will match that.

And its less than they would have had to pay Harden. Ouch.

Trade kicker AND a player option. That's brutal but yes, they have to match that. They can't afford to look cheap with Durant and Westrbrook FA coming up.

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This Chandler Parson Q&A about the whole DJ situation was great, highly entertaining.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/mave...dler-parsons-qa-we-did-everything-that-we-can

This was a risk that we were willing to take, and I think it was worth taking. It’s not our fault. We did everything that we could. We had a verbal commitment from a grown-ass man. Like, there’s nothing else that we could have done. There’s nothing else that we could have said...

...He wasn’t ready for being a franchise player. He was scared. He was scared to take the next step in his career. There was no other reason other than that he was comfortable and he has friendships there. How you make a business decision like that is beyond me. How you ignore an owner like Mark who is in your hometown just waiting for a chance to talk to you is beyond me.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Blazers are taking the shotgun approach. Bring in 5 bigmen and hope one or two work out. Noah Vonleh, Mason Plumlee, Ed Davis, Al-Farouq Aminu, and now Enes Kanter (if OKC doesn't match). They already have Meyers Leonard and Chris Kaman.

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I know one player (for the Mavericks) that is likely pleased that DeAndre Jordan did not sign with the Mavericks. Because of the terms of his contract, Wesley Mathews gets an extra 13 million out of the deal.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/238702/Wesley-Matthews-Gets-Extra-$13M-With-Jordan-Staying-With-Clippers

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Isn't it the same agent for lebron and Thompson? If so, the agent is the one who cost Thompson an extra million (icing on his stupid fat cake). Weird.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Isn't it the same agent for lebron and Thompson? If so, the agent is the one who cost Thompson an extra million (icing on his stupid fat cake). Weird.

shhhh!!! don't let facts get in the way of a completely baseless argument.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
;)Ok. I was thinking that 2020 Miami Pick.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited by a moderator:

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 2h2 hours ago
Caron Butler has agreed to a two year deal with Kings, league source tells Yahoo.

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Also Deron Williams is trying to force his way out of New Jersey....
Stefan BondyVerified account
‏@SBondyNYDN
Around AS break, sources say Deron Williams had to be physically restrained from going after Hollins during a meeting to air out grievances.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hard to believe that Daron Williams or Chris Paul was once a valid question.

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hard to believe that Daron Williams or Chris Paul was once a valid question.
It might have been a valid question while D Willis was playing under Jerry Sloan....now not so much.

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 4m4 minutes ago
As @daldridgetnt first reported, Nets and Deron Williams have come to terms on a buyout. D-Will becomes a free agent once he clears waivers

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Jeff Zillgitt: Amar’e Stoudemire reaches deal with Heat, the team announced. I’ve been told it’s a one-year contract worth $1.5M. Stoudemire wants to win, play with All-Stars and on the same team with Goran Dragic, who he loves from their days together in Phoenix
Miami basically able to get both Amare and Green due to the Dragic connection.

I wonder how many former Suns their gonna try to fill their roster with.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well, at least with Green and Amare around it won't be Goran taking the Heat for Miami's defensive spiral.