New Zealand Breakers at Suns, 10-3-18 (preseason)

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Canaan doesn't look like the player of last season come Friday, it is time for concern.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Warren needs to learn to kick it out on fastbreaks instead of taking it himself every time.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
End of 3rd quarter:

Suns 77 - Breakers 62

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Holmes line is impressive, really, 5 points 7 boards and 3 blocks. With Ayton playing great I'm glad to see someone fill in a bit for him also so we're getting a ton of production from Center.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He wasn't particularly good last season (though a Hall of Famer compared to Harrison)...

I can't disagree. I'm betting McDonough has a lot of irons in the fire looking for the right trade.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If the first two games of preseason are any indication, my projection of 21 wins might have been overly optimistic...

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
3 of our needs this summer were shooting, vets and defense. How does he not fill a need?

We added shooting and defense in the draft. Ariza still plays the position we are loaded at. Veteran help was needed to an extent but not necessarily to replace positions we had covered.

Ariza is a good player, no doubt, and he looks good here but his presence will probably stint the growth of Jackson and Bridges. Since Bridges cost a high price to get, signing Ariza is still questionable.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
They will look better wuth Canaan. He doesn't excel at any one thing, but he is competent at everything. He is at least an actual NBA player. That said, I'd still like to see someone better.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
We are watching these games without Booker on the court.
Its going to look a lot different with Booker.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the first two games of preseason are any indication, my projection of 21 wins might have been overly optimistic...

Actually I think you predicted 21 wins as the ceiling, assuming we don't go out and get a better PG.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oh man, Bender is in.I was hoping for a DNP-CD to send a message.

We are letting him break a sweat so we can send him in the New Zealand locker room after the game after switching his jersey. Disguise him a little and hope he can board their plane home.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Actually I think you predicted 21 wins as the ceiling, assuming we don't go out and get a better PG.

No, I'm projecting more of the same as last year assuming we don't go out and get a better PG. 21 wins.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Until he gets worn out and hurt again from overuse...

Do you have any facts for this, at all? It's grown beyond tiresome. Keep in mind, Booker has had several injuries even before he started playing some point. And to the best of my recollection, the only real injury he has had since playing some point is the hand that he's currently dealing with. Nothing about that injury suggests "overuse", it was contact.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bender comes in and we let the Breakers go on a run to close the gap. I don't blame him entirely but its quite a coincidence.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, I'm projecting more of the same as last year assuming we don't go out and get a better PG. 21 wins.

Okay, but as I mentioned, you have already stated "21 wins at the most". Do you need to see your quote again or are you saying you've changed your mind.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bender... Bender... Bender...

I think now that we actually want to win games it's going to become a lot more painful to watch him.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake