New Zealand Breakers at Suns, 10-3-18 (preseason)

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bender... Bender... Bender...

I think now that we actually want to win games it's going to become a lot more painful to watch him.

I disagree. I won't find it painful at all to look over at the bench and watch him cheerleading. Well, except for a reminder that we wasted a high pick on a cheerleader that's not even cute.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I think now that we actually want to win games it's going to become a lot more painful to watch him.

At this point his ceiling might be Pat Burke type of sideshow player, provided we can get him some garbage time appearances.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I have a feeling Bender will not be playing much when the season begins.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Okay, but as I mentioned, you have already stated "21 wins at the most". Do you need to see your quote again or are you saying you've changed your mind.

Fair enough. Then again, if the first two games of preseason (a loss at home to a team that itself shouldn't win much more than 20 games and struggling at home to beat a C-level pro team from New Zealand) are any indication, we might not get to 10 wins...

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Earlier he ran the clock out on the Aussie PG who could not get by him. Then Bender plays tough D. But is having a nightmare on the offensive end.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Fair enough. Then again, if the first two games of preseason (a loss at home to a team that itself shouldn't win much more than 20 games and struggling at home to beat a C-level pro team from New Zealand) are any indication, we might not get to 10 wins...

That's crazy. We'll be at 10 wins by the All Star break. Ayton and Booker will win that many alone. Ill put $50 on that, right now, with anyone. If we acquire a PG before then we can call the bet dead.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm beginning to feel sorry for Bender. It's not his fault the Suns drafted him so early.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bender... I'm at a loss for words.

He's going to put me on a Bender this season.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Bender is in the popcorn machine. A couple plays ago he should have driven, then this play he should have shot. He's just struggling on offense. In golf, we call it the yips.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

We haven't looked like world beaters but as has been mentioned, we are minus our best player.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think at this point it is clear that Dragan Bender = Nikoloz Tskitishvili.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Bender needs to start doing the opposite of what he thinks he should do. If he feels like he should shoot, he needs to drive. When he wants to drive, he should shoot. Pull a George Costanza, Dragan!

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Does anyone else get the feeling that if Ayton were on the Breakers, they would have won this game handily? (Only kind of joking)

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
We haven't looked like world beaters but as has been mentioned, we are minus our best player.

There are college teams that could beat the Breakers by 20. It shouldn't matter even if an NBA team is missing its 3 best players. Even I wasn't expecting the team to be this embarrassingly bad.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Wait? Last season it was a cap of 21 wins. We add Ayton, and it's still 21 games? Arguably we have added a couple better players, too.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Wait? Last season it was a cap of 21 wins. We add Ayton, and it's still 21 games? Arguably we have added a couple better players, too.

Yes. With no NBA level point guard, that's what I'm saying. The other additions won't matter, as we are already seeing.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
No touches for Ayton? Old school, feed the beast in crunch time!

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Missing that corner 3 was Bender's most competent moment so far... because at least he didn't drop the ball out of bounds.

In other news; why does Harrison try to do that corkscrew with his arms on almost every layup attempt? He's had a few where if he just went straight up it looks a lot easier and, at worst, probably draws a foul, instead he keeps letting the ball go on his way down and short arms it into the side of the rim.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Yes. With no NBA level point guard, that's what I'm saying. The other additions won't matter, as we are already seeing.
Things will be different with Booker playing and with the other starters playing big minutes.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bender is out of the game.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

This repeated assertion is the most nonsensical argument I've seen made on this forum.

Also, the guards, while terrible, are BETTER than they were last year because Elfrid is gone.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If the Suns were truly playing to win then Ariza would still be on the floor, while he hasn't played much if at all in the 4th. Warren hasn't played much either this quarter. Igor went to the garbage time lineup but kept Ayton out there with them. Ayton needs to get used to playing the minutes, the other guys don't.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Missing that corner 3 was Bender's most competent moment so far... because at least he didn't drop the ball out of bounds.

In other news; why does Harrison try to do that corkscrew with his arms on almost every layup attempt? He's had a few where if he just went straight up it looks a lot easier and, at worst, probably draws a foul, instead he keeps letting the ball go on his way down and short arms it into the side of the rim.
There's been some drives where he could easily revers the ball and he did the same thing.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake